Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Niles non-verbal moment...

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Favourite Niles non-verbal moment...

Postby DHPfan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:45 pm

We know there are plenty of your favourite moments when Niles' reaction is as funny as what he says! You must have many, but which is your absolute favourite?:)
Mine has to be when Niles pops out of the bathroom after his father's Hot n Foamy exploded on his face! Still puts a smile on my face when I think about it!
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Re: Favourite Niles non-verbal moment...

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Niles' at the door in Agents in America Part III.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:58 pm

:twisted: What is the one where Daphne says something naughty and he just stands up, get's his coat from the rack, walks to the door, looks back at her, and walks out of the room without saying a word?

The look on his face, that he wants to say something but doesn't know what the hell to say, is priceless.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Karin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Niles' at the door in Agents in America Part III.

This one!
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: What is the one where Daphne says something naughty and he just stands up, get's his coat from the rack, walks to the door, looks back at her, and walks out of the room without saying a word?

The look on his face, that he wants to say something but doesn't know what the hell to say, is priceless.

I believe that's in Frasier Gotta Have It. Daphne telling her story about getting an "all over tan."
CatNamedRudy

Postby drudd75077 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:54 pm

My favorite is the look on his face after he makes the half court shot in Hooping Cranes. He has the funniest smile then he puts his hands up in victory after the cheerleaders stop hugging him.
drudd75077

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Forever Jung wrote::twisted: What is the one where Daphne says something naughty and he just stands up, get's his coat from the rack, walks to the door, looks back at her, and walks out of the room without saying a word?

I believe that's in Frasier Gotta Have It. Daphne telling her story about getting an "all over tan."

Good choice. That was the scene that immediately sprung to my mind. Very funny.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby freewill » Thu May 19, 2011 11:29 am

A few of my favorites:

from A Lilith Thanksgiving, when he doesn't realize Frasier and Lilith have taken the turkey from the oven, and he looks in both ovens, and then looks up as if the bird might have flown away.

from Ham Radio: when he learns he's expected to come up with a voice for Pepo (sp?) the dwarf, and isn't quite sure how to do it, so he tries stooping down as if he's a dwarf, before remembering that he's on the radio and no one will see that.

And of course, his entire performance in Three Valentines.
"Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life!"
freewill

Postby tenpercenter » Fri May 20, 2011 12:50 am

jus that slight look in his eyes when he looks at frasier on his way out to meet daphne ( the one where she is going out with the other niles)

just a look of pure hope
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby tenpercenter » Sun May 22, 2011 5:35 am

when he is drinking coffee after sleeping with daphne for the first time
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby JackE » Mon May 23, 2011 6:50 pm

The episode where Martin/Bonnie, Frasier/Faye and Niles/Donny are having breakfast and Niles turns up on his own. His face when Donny announces 'we are going to make this our engagement breakfast' is absolutely priceless! One of my favourite Frasier moments. :lol:
"Oh yes Niles, that's just what we need, a fourth language!"

An Affair to Forget
JackE

Postby Forever Jung » Mon May 23, 2011 7:53 pm

:twisted: Talking about Motor Skills on the other forum, I like the expression on his face and the way he waves his hand when Randy asks if anyone else speaks French :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby Clare » Wed May 25, 2011 1:34 am

Non verbal scenes that come to mind is where Niles accidently sets fire to Frasier's appartment in the episode 'Three Valentines' and when he is taken up and down in the lift by various characters when he is very ill due to previously being on a boat in 'Legal Tender Love and Care'. I think David Hyde Pierce is very talented when it comes to physical comedy, just the look on his face alone can be hilarious!
Clare

Postby DHPfan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Clare wrote: I think David Hyde Pierce is very talented when it comes to physical comedy, just the look on his face alone can be hilarious!

Agreed! DHP is fantastic when it comes to physical comedy:) Especially this unique smile of his that he makes when he's doing something cheeky or 'being bad', the Niles definition of bad of course:) That smile is a killer:) Ordinary hilarious non-verbal moments like when Niles gets sudden giggle fits, or that smug smile when he's triumphed over Frasier are all so hilarious!:)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby Clare » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 pm

I've just thought of another great scene with Niles! The scene in Daphnes Room where Niles has his hand in the garbage disposal and Frasier turns on the coffee grinder!
Clare

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Clare wrote:I've just thought of another great scene with Niles! The scene in Daphnes Room where Niles has his hand in the garbage disposal and Frasier turns on the coffee grinder!

:twisted: :lol:
I'm smiling just remembering that one.
Classic 8-)
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:05 am

Clare wrote:I've just thought of another great scene with Niles! The scene in Daphnes Room where Niles has his hand in the garbage disposal and Frasier turns on the coffee grinder!

:lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Brian R » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:38 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Niles' at the door in Agents in America Part III.

My favourite as well. Absolutely classic. :lol:
“Failure is never quite so frightening as regret.” Cliff Buxton - The Dish (2000)
Brian R

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:27 pm

:D great choice.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby DHPfan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Niles in Room Service when he wakes up and sees Lilith :) Also loved it when he said 'Ok don't panic, this kind of thing happens every day. Every day in Arkansas!' And he has this typical Niles hyperventilating face that is so hilarious and sad at the same time :) He had that same heart-wrenching yet hilarious expression when he found out in s7 Something Borrowed, Something Blue that Daphne liked him back :)
DHPfan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:31 am

A couple of my favourites:-

The scene in Dial M For Martin when Martin says he needs a place for Daphne to stay as well and Niles just keeps pouring the milk in his coffee. The entire audience breaks into laughter as they can see Niles hatching a plan in his head. Best non-reaction EVER :lol:

Another one that springs to mind is this scene from Good Grief:

Daphne: And then maybe after that I could draw a bath, strip you naked and scrub you with a loofah. Would that be all right, Dr. Crane?
Niles: Yes.

After that Martin starts to ask him a question and Niles asks him to hold on a sec. The look on his face as he pictures the scene is priceless :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby bisounours » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:41 am

In "Guess Who's Coming to Breakfast" when he's trying to casually hop up on the counter and he bangs his head and crashes into the refrigerator (I think I heard somewhere that's the moment they discovered that DHP could do physical comedy).
bisounours

Postby IrisheaglesOne » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:20 am

His entire performance in Three Valentines!!

I ADORE this episode!! Im waiting for it to come on again so that hubby can see it!
IrisheaglesOne

Postby Whisper of cinnamon » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:40 am

freewill wrote: from Ham Radio: when he learns he's expected to come up with a voice for Pepo (sp?) the dwarf, and isn't quite sure how to do it, so he tries stooping down as if he's a dwarf, before remembering that he's on the radio and no one will see that.

This is one of my favourite moments in the episode - his half-hearted attempt to 'get into character'! :lol:
Whisper of cinnamon

Postby DHPfan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:59 pm

In Moondance, after Daphne kissed him at the end of the dance, and he raises one eyebrow with that look of triumph :)
DHPfan

Next

Return to Frasier Discussion