Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Bedtime Frasier

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Bedtime Frasier

Postby buttons_and_bows » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 pm

I realise many of us on here are very enthusiastic about Frasier, but am I the only one who finds it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to sleep at night unless I have watched at least ONE episode of Frasier before closing my eyes?
I know my mother used to read me a bedtime story almost every night when I was a very little girl, but this, this is ridiculous! Is it possible that I could be suffering from some sort of 'Frasier addiction'?
buttons_and_bows

Re: Bedtime Frasier

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I was like that for a long time. I still feel the need to watch a few episodes a week though.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby buttons_and_bows » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Just how long is 'a long time'??
buttons_and_bows

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:22 pm

buttons_and_bows wrote:Just how long is 'a long time'??

About 3 years.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:33 pm

I go through phases with Frasier. I don't get a lot of time to watch TV / DVDs, so I'm usually not able to watch more than an hour a day. At the moment, I'm watching Breaking Bad, but after that, I'll probably go back to Frasier. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby buttons_and_bows » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Ok three years isn't so bad - I've done two already so...there's hope!

Never heard of Breaking Bad, sorry.
buttons_and_bows

Postby Karin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:27 pm

buttons_and_bows wrote:I realise many of us on here are very enthusiastic about Frasier, but am I the only one who finds it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to sleep at night unless I have watched at least ONE episode of Frasier before closing my eyes?

After I "discovered" Frasier, I used to watch at least one episode before I went to sleep each night for about a year. Or even longer. Now I can go without it for a few days before I need another dose. :lol: There are also still days when I can watch 10 or more episodes in a row.
One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby buttons_and_bows » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Ok, this is good, it seems there's hope for me yet! But why are we all women? Something odd going on here methinks...some subliminal messaging going on in Frasier?! :lol:
It's bloody addictive though isn't it. My God! I'm starting to quote Frasier in my everyday life and I'm sure when I do people think I'm bonkers! I really must read a book instead...
buttons_and_bows

Postby StandardToaster » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm

We're not all women :D

I often fall asleep watching Frasier. Since I was a kid I always fell asleep with the TV on and now I find it difficult to sleep without it.

Watching a couple of episodes whilst taking a bath is good too.
StandardToaster

Postby Niles_E_Coyote » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 pm

For the last three or four years, almost EVERY night I have watched at least four or five episodes as I fall asleep. It's great as white noise.

I should warn you that i've noticed the more Frasier I watch before I go to bed, the more Frasier dialogue bleeds into my everyday conversation. If you find yourself speaking like Frasier or any of the characters from the show you should probably temporarily suspend bedtime Frasier viewings. Seriously. If you say "Yes, now off you go!" to enough people, eventually one of them will punch you in the face.

I mean, must I remind you that not two days ago I was punched in the face by a man now dead?
"I’ve waited for this all my life, Frasier. One act of utter, devil-may-care, crotch-grabbing brazenness! And of course, I’ll have a nurse on speed-dial in case things get too hairy."
Niles_E_Coyote

Postby buttons_and_bows » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:18 am

StandardToaster wrote:We're not all women :D

I often fall asleep watching Frasier. Since I was a kid I always fell asleep with the TV on and now I find it difficult to sleep without it.

Watching a couple of episodes whilst taking a bath is good too.

No offence StandardToaster....! :)
But if I try it in the bath where will it end?!
buttons_and_bows

Postby buttons_and_bows » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 am

Niles_E_Coyote wrote:For the last three or four years, almost EVERY night I have watched at least four or five episodes as I fall asleep. It's great as white noise.

I should warn you that i've noticed the more Frasier I watch before I go to bed, the more Frasier dialogue bleeds into my everyday conversation. If you find yourself speaking like Frasier or any of the characters from the show you should probably temporarily suspend bedtime Frasier viewings. Seriously. If you say "Yes, now off you go!" to enough people, eventually one of them will punch you in the face.

I mean, must I remind you that not two days ago I was punched in the face by a man now dead?

Thank you Niles_E_Coyote for making me laugh! :D
buttons_and_bows

Postby lemonrabbit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:33 am

I find Frasier is a really good show to go to sleep to... you don't need the vision, you can have the eyes shut and still enjoy the episode, such is the good way in which Frasier is presented.
lemonrabbit

Postby barnaclelapse » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:32 pm

I go through phases with certain shows. Right now I can't fall asleep unless I've watched at least one or two episodes of The Bob Newhart Show. Sometimes that show is Frasier.
barnaclelapse

Postby katebaldwinfan » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:57 am

I watched it at eleven last night, and next time I do it'll help me sleep.
"I never think of the classic musicals as old-fashioned; I think of them as timeless."--Kate Baldwin
katebaldwinfan

Postby jrsightes » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:35 pm

I always have to watch a couple sitcom episodes before bed. I've gone through phases. I did Friends for a year or so, Frasier for a while, Cheers for a while, and lately, The Office. I watch a couple episodes when I first lay down, but when I feel my eyelids getting heavy, I always switch to The West Wing. That's been my sleeping show for many years.
jrsightes

Postby wlan2nd » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:45 pm

i try to watch one episode a day, but its usually the one thats on channel 4 early, while the kids are getting ready for school, so i wouldnt call it an addicition, i dont get upset if i miss it, if its an episode i dont like, or any episode with Millicent Martin, the i dont bother with it.
im not sure how many people are in here with me
wlan2nd

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 am

I just have to respond to this old thread just because I've recently become addicted to Frasier too! I watched the whole show through over the summer but after that left it alone... until a few months ago! Now I put on Frasier whenever I'm home! I apparently can't get enough of it- I even listen to it in my car sometimes instead of music. I also listen to it as I go to sleep, and will even press play if I wake up in the middle of the night and it's paused itself on Netflix just to plop down right back to sleep! It's definitely a little strange, but I find it to be therapeutic. I was this way about golden girls for a while, and after some time I guess it served a purpose because I no longer enjoy it like I did. Very interesting!
frasier floyd

Postby Ariel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 pm

frasier floyd wrote:I just have to respond to this old thread just because I've recently become addicted to Frasier too! I watched the whole show through over the summer but after that left it alone... until a few months ago! Now I put on Frasier whenever I'm home! I apparently can't get enough of it- I even listen to it in my car sometimes instead of music. I also listen to it as I go to sleep, and will even press play if I wake up in the middle of the night and it's paused itself on Netflix just to plop down right back to sleep! It's definitely a little strange, but I find it to be therapeutic. I was this way about golden girls for a while, and after some time I guess it served a purpose because I no longer enjoy it like I did. Very interesting!

That's interesting, I like Golden Girls for a long time, recently watched a few episodes on You Tube and it just seemed dated and not how I remembered it. I can't understand why I'm obsessed by Frasier - I'm probably the sort of woman who would be his worst nightmare! I'm intrigued by a way of life I cannot begin to imagine, as a country girl I wouldn't even be happy visiting a scyscraper, never mind living in one!! I do find intelligence a big turn on though! :love10:
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby ProOperaVoter » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:01 pm

I half watched a few episodes when my brother was going through it, but I started taking it seriously in the summer. I pretty much did a season a day. I started to scare myself. I was then unceremoniously ripped from it. I still watch three or four episodes a day...at minimum. Somebody stop me...please.
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Perruchee » Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm

I missed most of Frasier when it originally ran so it was really a treat when I started watching the reruns and they were new to me! I also went through several years where I would say Frasier was on my tv for 3+ hours a day. Several channels running it for an hour+ at a time. I can't say I "watched" every episode, but It was there. I, too enjoy watching it in bed. Now, years later I go for weeks where I don't watch any, but then I have times where I watch an episode or two a day. It's like having old friends stop by for a short visit.
Perruchee

Postby Cymru1991 » Sat May 11, 2013 4:16 pm

I tend to watch Frasier every evening when I'm not in Uni. It's literally my favourite programme :D
Cymru1991

Return to Frasier Discussion