Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What did you think of Claire?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

What did you think of Claire?

Postby faufner » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:38 pm

She was perfect for Frasier, wasn't she?
Niles: We'll call it Faufner after Sigfried's fiery nemesis!
faufner

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm

I liked Claire.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Better than...

Postby faufner » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm

She was definitely his perfect match, even better for him than Kenny's cousin, Ms. Wright!
Last edited by faufner on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Niles: We'll call it Faufner after Sigfried's fiery nemesis!
faufner

Postby Paul B » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:40 pm

She was a bit bland IMO. I liked what they did with Charlotte personally, I wouldn't want her around for any longer than she was, Frasier works much better as a desperately single guy.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Charlotte was my favorite of Frasier's women but I did like Claire.

She would have been my second pick for him (excluding Roz who actually would be my first) to end up with in the end.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:42 pm

i liked claire too she was quite sweet and friendly and she also got on really well with martin
woggle

Postby Manifan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:46 pm

I agree she was the perfect match for Frasier.
Manifan

Re: What did you think of Claire?

Postby tgirl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:58 pm

My favourite of Frasiers many many many exes was Faye, however I do totally agree that Claire was his perfect woman and would have liked them to stay together but where's the fun in that when Frasier has to learn through his comic mishaps!?
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby Patrick » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 am

I can't find any fault in Claire, she was perfect for Frasier and thus she would have ruined the show. That's why she had to go. The only way Frasier could have been with someone and kept the show going would be with someone like Lilith who would have made his life miserable with her constant bickering.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm

:twisted: Clair was lovely 8-)
Perfect match for Frasier, so I agree it would have put the show on a road to nowhere.

If there's one thing that goes against Charlotte (apart from what I said on another thread :lol: ). it's turning up when Frasier had taken Jennifer Tilly's character home. :lol:

He would have had one hell of a night there. :shock:
She'd kill him, but he'd die a very happy man :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Patrick » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Clair was lovely 8-)
Perfect match for Frasier, so I agree it would have put the show on a road to nowhere.

If there's one thing that goes against Charlotte (apart from what I said on another thread :lol: ). it's turning up when Frasier had taken Jennifer Tilly's character home. :lol:

He would have had one hell of a night there. :shock:
She'd kill him, but he'd die a very happy man :lol:

Well, he almost married her, on Cheers... :wink: I remember her line back then "Has anyone told You, that you have a cute forehead?"

Frasier "No but my doctor told me that have acute anxiety!" :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby rsjones1 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 pm

I quite like Claire, it would of been nice to have a love interest that lasted more then a couple of episodes.
rsjones1

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Claire was one of my favorite love interests of Frasier's too. I feel like the point of her character was to show that his perfect woman (Niles even just said his perfect woman would write haikus, play violin, and read Kierkegaard) could come along and that Frasier's neuroses would keep him from being with her. Either that, or to show that maybe your idea of a perfect match isn't so perfect for you. It's kinda sad but makes me think that Frasier's character might be better off single and just dating as he does, aside from that making the show interesting to watch!
frasier floyd

Postby Patrick » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Claire had to go because finding a perfect woman for Frasier would have killed the show.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:30 pm

Oh, definitely! I can't imagine someone like Frasier having a successful serious relationship anyway- he's such a huge ridiculous personality, for now casual dating seems to suit him best (not that he's much good at that either ;) ).
frasier floyd

Postby Wyokie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:27 pm

I thought Charlotte was perfect. She wasn't perfect, had a sense of humor, kinda acted like Frasier.

I didn't like Claire at all.
Wyokie

Postby Patrick » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Wyokie wrote:I thought Charlotte was perfect. She wasn't perfect, had a sense of humor, kinda acted like Frasier.

Claire was too bland and not very funny. That's a huge handicap in a sit com where people are supposed to be funny.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Wyokie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Patrick wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I thought Charlotte was perfect. She wasn't perfect, had a sense of humor, kinda acted like Frasier.

Claire was too bland and not very funny. That's a huge handicap in a sit com where people are supposed to be funny.

Her lack of humor was a big turn-off for me.
Wyokie

Postby PistolPoet » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 am

I wouldn't be too harsh on her, she did only appear in a few episodes and didn't get an awful amount of screen time, certainly less than Charlotte. I love Claire, I think she's sophisticated and classy, but also warm and friendly. Sort of like an improved version of Frasier :). But I do agree that the show would have lost a lot if Frasier and her had stayed together, even more so than when Niles and Daphne got together (though I still believe the N&D story could have been great if the writers had handled it better).
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Allystare » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:23 pm

I thought Faye was every bit as sophisticated as Claire and a much better looker to boot. Why not Faye? Really, though, there were at least a handful of women who were quite good with Frasier, and who were quite out of his league but decided to court him anyways, that Frasier breaks up with.

It's weird that Charlotte is the one he ends up pursuing. Hardly the best of the bunch.
Allystare

Postby Patrick » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Charlotte wouldn't have been my first choice among the women that Frasier dated either but neither would have been Lilith, Diane or even Nanette, women that I would have wanted to have a long relationship with. Although I suspect that both Lilith and Diane were terrific in bed. Lilith because it has been said/implied by Frasier many times and Diane because she managed to get Sam hooked up to boot and he's not the kind of guy who would have settled for mediocrity in that area.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Allystare » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 pm

I agree.

They had already done the Lilith thing back in Cheers (and her betrayal of Frasier was partly the reason he leaves Boston, I think) so I don't think they'd have ever gotten back together despite their mutual understanding and their son. As for Diane, she was just a manipulative and pretentious bitch, for the most part. Nanette was too wacky and unsophisticated for Frasier (and the attraction was sexual, much like that artist girl who Frasier dates in one of the episodes purely for sex). Also it was really one of those youthful/idealistic college romances. It was never meant to be serious. So she wouldn't have worked either.

Oddly enough, I can't remember all the women he's been with, so thinking up the perfect one is difficult -- but Faye was definitely one of the better ones.
Allystare

Postby mickeba » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

I liked Claire, but Frasier's true love was Lilith.
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Postby ProOperaVoter » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:23 pm

My shortlist would be something like (in no particular order):

Charlotte
Faye
Lilith
Mia

On the other side of things, I hated:

Claire
Chelsea
Ann (though whether she counts or not is a moot point).

I just don't see any use in Claire. She was just so boring, and she had no real character. Chelsea was just one of those Season 10 screw-ups, and Ann...well, we've all been there. However, Lilith was not only very nearly ideal for Frasier but she was also an asset to the show. I'm happy that Frasier finally discovered Charlotte, who was perfect for him in a different way: tolerance. Much like Niles's description of his love of Maris, it's a friendly, familiar love. Mia shared a lot of interests with Frasier, and he was, in my opinion, just damn unlucky that she resembled his mother. Finally, for me it was no contest between Faye and Cassandra. Cassandra was annoying and shallow, while Faye actually had quite a lot of depth to her character.

That's just my interpretation.
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

If I had to choose, I think the most perfect woman that Frasier ever dated was Kate Costas, she had everything: intelligent, cultured, funny, challenging in a good way. She was so perfect that they had to invent a ton of last minute impediments (like Frasier's convenient cat allergy ) to keep Frasier from seeing her any more.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Next

Return to Frasier Discussion