Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Alphabetical list of all Frasier episodes?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Alphabetical list of all Frasier episodes?

Postby hansenkd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 am

Almost done!!!

Just have 7 W's, 3 Y's, and one Z. What an accomplishment I'll feel when Frasier fires the Mormon agent. It took about 8 months. I imagine longer than had I watched in chronological order.

"Visions of Daphne." How brilliant, sad, and yet hopeful is that episode? Pure genius.
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:17 am

hansenkd wrote:Almost done!!!

Just have 7 W's, 3 Y's, and one Z. What an accomplishment I'll feel when Frasier fires the Mormon agent. It took about 8 months. I imagine longer than had I watched in chronological order.

"Visions of Daphne." How brilliant, sad, and yet hopeful is that episode? Pure genius.

So you filed "The Zoo story" under Z? It may be hard for you to imagine but I haven't met a Mormon in my life so i have no idea how accurate this episode's depiction of a Mormon is. It seems that the Mormons don't travel much, abroad that is, because I have met a large diversity of people otherwise.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby hansenkd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Patrick wrote:
hansenkd wrote:Almost done!!!

So you filed "The Zoo story" under Z? It may be hard for you to imagine but I haven't met a Mormon in my life so i have no idea how accurate this episode's depiction of a Mormon is. It seems that the Mormons don't travel much, abroad that is, because I have met a large diversity of people otherwise.

I didn't count "The," "A," or "An" in alphabetization. That is standard practice. I did count other words, such as "To."

Wow, you've never met Mormon missionaries in Europe?! That makes you a rare animal indeed. You can't miss them. Suits, white shirts, ties, black name badges, always in pairs. The depiction is a little exaggerated, but is basically a good-natured lampoon. The scout uniform, the euphemisms, etc...those are all basically rooted in truth. Your last statement is totally untrue. The missionary program makes the Mormons among the MOST traveled of religions. More than half of them live outside the U.S.
hansenkd

Postby hansenkd » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:31 pm

The first W--"War of the Words." While I'm no Saladin Patterson fan, and while his first episode (LTLC from Season 8) is my most hated of all episodes, revisiting this one made me reconsider whether it actually is one of the very worst, as is often stated here and elsewhere. Is this perception solely based on Niles's admittedly out-of-character final line? Because otherwise it's pretty entertaining and basically has a good message. The rival parent is a true sleaze and a genuine villain who is easy to hate.

I've revised my view of this episode, and now consider it one of Trevor Einhorn's very best performances as Frederick (outdone only by "High Holidays"). This must have been only the second or third time I ever watched it, as I had actually forgotten much of the plot--and had forgotten that Frederick actually won and had the title removed. All I remembered is "Spell his ass off!" because that's all anybody talks about.

Definitely NOT as bad as its reputation. As for "Some Assembly Required," on reviewing it made me even more uncomfortable--so I probably won't ever rise in defense of that one.
hansenkd

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion