Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:35 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Wow. Really? So unless you are married or engaged you don't have to be faithful to your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Unless there is in fact an agreement in place where you say you're going to date other people, when you're in an exclusive relationship, you don't date or sleep with other people. I'm guessing Roz was unaware of any such agreement. Roz had every reason to be upset and Frasier was just protecting his friend. If the guy I was dating was dating other people I'd want to know.

Oh really! Roz who once bragged about having slept with three guys on a Saturday and still had time to rotate her tires? That Roz? What right does she have to expect exclusiveness from a near stranger? What's that? Do as I say not as I do? As for all the spying and meddling, we as a people and as a rule consider that to be a breach of decorum, to put it mildly.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Eddie2012 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:47 pm

I've never understood this 'exclusive/not exclusive' business. If I am dating someone, I am dating that someone, and not someone else at the same time. That doesn't mean I am prude, but I just don't see the point? When I realise that the person I am dating is not really my cup of tea after all, whether that is after the first date or several, I end it and move on. If a couple agrees on an open relationship, fine, but this dating several people at the same time sounds like a race to me, 'how to find the best partner in the shortest possible amount of time' or what? :D

Ok, back to the episode. What I find a little strange is not so much that Roz demanded loyalty from Frasier as such, but after such a short 'relationship'? Why should he lose a potential good friend, when he had all the right to assume that Roz and Lukes relationship would be a short lived one anyway? But I must admit, I haven't watched this episode in ages.

Patrick wrote:Oh really! Roz who once bragged about having slept with three guys on a Saturday and still had time to rotate her tires? That Roz? What right does she have to expect exclusiveness from a near stranger?

I have seen that phenomenon in my circle of friends: My friend, happily cheating on her boyfriend, freaking out when he was doing the same to her... Not rational, but out there.
User avatar
Eddie2012
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Definitely... out there. :wink:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

Ok Patrick. Go cheat on your significant other all you want. Be proud of the fact that you are being dishonest with that person. Unless of course you have an agreement that you're going to date other people. Otherwise, it's cheating. No matter how you want to spin it.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ok Patrick. Go cheat on your significant other all you want. Be proud of the fact that you are being dishonest with that person. Unless of course you have an agreement that you're going to date other people. Otherwise, it's cheating. No matter how you want to spin it.

Where did I say that I "cheat" on a significant other? Are you proud that you lied about me? Because that's what you just did.
As for "dating" as you put it, if there's no sex involved,we consider that nothing. We don't even have a word for it, here. So tell me, how is having sex with several people cheating on any one of them? Where does it say that sex is automatically something more than just sex? Ever hear of one-nighters? So now when you sleep one night with someone they can track you down and demand that you don't sleep with anyone else? WOW! What kind of deranged way of life is that? Yesterday I had a meal with someone. Do I need their permission to have a meal with someone else? What about going to the movies, do I need a permission slip from the last group of people I went to see a movie with to watch a movie with some other group. What a screwy way to live!!!
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm

You said if you are not engaged or married then it's ok to be with other people if you are dating someone else. To me that's cheating! Apparently, you don't believe in dating either. In your view, if two people have been seeing each other for any amount of time and haven't been with anyone else but are not engaged or married then they can go out with whoever they want and it's ok. To me, that's not ok and it's cheating.

A slew of one night stands is not the same thing. It was pretty apparent that Roz was not involved in a simple one night stand with this guy.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:31 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:You said if you are not engaged or married then it's ok to be with other people if you are dating someone else. To me that's cheating! Apparently, you don't believe in dating either. In your view, if two people have been seeing each other for any amount of time and haven't been with anyone else but are not engaged or married then they can go out with whoever they want and it's ok. To me, that's not ok and it's cheating.

A slew of one night stands is not the same thing. It was pretty apparent that Roz was not involved in a simple one night stand with this guy.

One night stand is just an expression. I had relations when there was nothing more than sex involved. Hell, we couldn't even stand each other outside of a bedroom. We would just call one another and if the other one was free then bada bing bada bang. :lol: We also have a concept here in France that seems to be as outlandish as the planet Jupiter to you people. It's called "L'amour copain", literally "Friendly love". That means having sex with someone while remaining good friends and nothing else. I feel like I am explaining color to a color blind or music to a tone deaf.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:52 pm

That's "friends with benefits" and it's not the same thing as being involved in a dating relationship.

Let me give an example: I have a co-worker who started seeing this girl in July. After spending a few weeks together, she thought they had an "exclusive" relationship. He, on the other hand thought it was perfectly fine for him to make out with other girls, get a blow job from an exotic dancer at a strip club and have breakfast dates with other girls. He said it was ok because he and the original girl never said "I love you." She however was not privy to his exploits and he wouldn't tell her because she would be mad and dump him. That's not a fair relationship. If he wanted to be with other girls then he should have been honest with her about that fact. He wasn't and that is wrong.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:02 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:That's "friends with benefits" and it's not the same thing as being involved in a dating relationship.

Let me give an example: I have a co-worker who started seeing this girl in July. After spending a few weeks together, she thought they had an "exclusive" relationship. He, on the other hand thought it was perfectly fine for him to make out with other girls, get a blow job from an exotic dancer at a strip club and have breakfast dates with other girls. He said it was ok because he and the original girl never said "I love you." She however was not privy to his exploits and he wouldn't tell her because she would be mad and dump him. That's not a fair relationship. If he wanted to be with other girls then he should have been honest with her about that fact. He wasn't and that is wrong.

I've never lied to anyone this way. So this doesn't concern me. If a girl wanted to be exclusive and I did not then I would simply tell her that it wasn't the way I saw things and if she couldn't live with that then we should go our separate ways. But to tell you the truth I never had to be so blunt. You see here we normally assume that a relation ISN'T serious until it is mutually agreed that it is. You people seem to have the opposite attitude.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Frasiertime » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

This ep reminds me of the earlier seasons of writing. Poor Roz could never find the perfect guy and poor Frasier could not help but mess up relationships with family, friends, women & co-workers.

THIS TIME they both like the same man and are torn between their loyalty to each other and their attraction to this man. In the end..they both end up in the same boat - literally. Really good ep!
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby stephenthom » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Just rewatched 'a tsar is born', which I thought was really funny, the possible royalty lineage was a good idea for an episode, something different and suitably grandiose for frasier and niles to get all worked up about. I loved the look on their faces when martin conned them, also frasier's 'there's a back aching for the lash!' line.

After that I went for 'the ring cycle' which I didn't like as much. Maybe the multiple weddings thing was funnier as an idea than in practice. I don't know, it seemed to mess up a bit what should have been quite a poignant moment. Felt quite bad for donnie at the end too, though I did laugh when he had his 'yes! I knew it!' bitter outburst. Was that the last time he appeared? Bit of a shame to leave him like that. 'And good luck trying to find somebody as good, because she just ain't out there!'
stephenthom
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 am

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 pm

stephenthom wrote:Just rewatched 'a tsar is born', which I thought was really funny, the possible royalty lineage was a good idea for an episode, something different and suitably grandiose for frasier and niles to get all worked up about. I loved the look on their faces when martin conned them, also frasier's 'there's a back aching for the lash!' line.

After that I went for 'the ring cycle' which I didn't like as much. Maybe the multiple weddings thing was funnier as an idea than in practice. I don't know, it seemed to mess up a bit what should have been quite a poignant moment. Felt quite bad for donnie at the end too, though I did laugh when he had his 'yes! I knew it!' bitter outburst. Was that the last time he appeared? Bit of a shame to leave him like that. 'And good luck trying to find somebody as good, because she just ain't out there!'

It was his swine (swan) song also known as schadenfreude... Maybe he would have been better off going back to Roz after all... To think that he likely saved Niles' life.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby stephenthom » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Yes he can console himself with that. Of course, roz was his ex too. He was a bit of an unlikely player
stephenthom
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 am

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Frasiertime » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm

stephenthom wrote:Yes he can console himself with that. Of course, roz was his ex too. He was a bit of an unlikely player


I can picture Roz and Donny together, he just might have been the perfect guy for her. Donny was a pretty good guy, but not right for Daphne.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:That's "friends with benefits" and it's not the same thing as being involved in a dating relationship.

Let me give an example: I have a co-worker who started seeing this girl in July. After spending a few weeks together, she thought they had an "exclusive" relationship. He, on the other hand thought it was perfectly fine for him to make out with other girls, get a blow job from an exotic dancer at a strip club and have breakfast dates with other girls. He said it was ok because he and the original girl never said "I love you." She however was not privy to his exploits and he wouldn't tell her because she would be mad and dump him. That's not a fair relationship. If he wanted to be with other girls then he should have been honest with her about that fact. He wasn't and that is wrong.

I've never lied to anyone this way. So this doesn't concern me. If a girl wanted to be exclusive and I did not then I would simply tell her that it wasn't the way I saw things and if she couldn't live with that then we should go our separate ways. But to tell you the truth I never had to be so blunt. You see here we normally assume that a relation ISN'T serious until it is mutually agreed that it is. You people seem to have the opposite attitude.


And that was MY WHOLE point! Obviously Roz did NOT know he was going to be dating other girls and she had a right to be upset. All I did to you was question your statement that because they weren't married or engaged she had no right be upset. I don't believe that there needs to be an engagement or a marriage in order for one person to cheat. All there needs to be is a relationship where one person believes the other isn't seeing someone else and one person IS seeing someone else.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Eddie2012 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 pm

The Innkeepers

‘Otto’, who apparently never wrote any orders down, reminded me of a restaurant visit not too long ago. We were 5 people who ordered both a main meal and a drink each and at least 3 of us a starter. The waitress wrote nothing down nor did she repeat the dishes to us for confirmation. She didn’t even have a pad, none of the waiters did. And there were parties larger than us. I’ve never seen this before in a restaurant like this (it wasn’t particularly expensive). Everything she later brought was correct and even placed correctly, without asking, before the person who’d ordered it. Amazing.

If there is a trick, I’d like to know it :idea:
User avatar
Eddie2012
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:The Innkeepers

‘Otto’, who apparently never wrote any orders down, reminded me of a restaurant visit not too long ago. We were 5 people who ordered both a main meal and a drink each and at least 3 of us a starter. The waitress wrote nothing down nor did she repeat the dishes to us for confirmation. She didn’t even have a pad, none of the waiters did. And there were parties larger than us. I’ve never seen this before in a restaurant like this (it wasn’t particularly expensive). Everything she later brought was correct and even placed correctly, without asking, before the person who’d ordered it. Amazing.

If there is a trick, I’d like to know it :idea:

No tricks, I am myself blessed with a pretty good memory and my mother used to be much better, before she was unfortunately stricken with Alzheimer's. People with a good memory tend to rely on it and therefore making it better while people with an initial bad memory will write everything down and rely on that rather than their own recollection, by that weakening it even more. My guess is that in that restaurant they hire people based on that ability among other things, IOW scatter heads need not apply... :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:21 pm

Dark Victory 9/10

One of my favorite season finales.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Frasiertime » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:27 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Dark Victory 9/10

One of my favorite season finales.

I like that one too, just never understood how Martin walked down all those flights of stairs!
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Frasiertime » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:01 am

The Innkeepers

Martin: Hello, Happy Brothers Restaurant. Table for two? Yeah,
no problem. Smoke-damaged or non-smoke-damaged?

One of my favorite Martin lines :)
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:40 pm
Location: Chicago USA

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Martin Does it His Way 8/10

Yep, now I have that song stuck in my head! :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Eddie2012 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

You are lucky, I watched Fathers and Sons yesterday and can't get "On a tree by a river, a littlie tom-tit -- Sang "Willow, tit-willow, tit-willow" out of my head... :evil:
User avatar
Eddie2012
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 11:05 am
Location: United Kingdom

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:53 pm

I am painfully sitting through War of the Words. Have not yet reached the "spell his ass off" line but I might have to change the channel before I get that far! (Niles just finished his little speech to Freddy about all words becoming one).
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
User avatar
CatNamedRudy
 
Posts: 24607
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin, USA: King Scott Walker reigning!

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Patrick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:33 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I am painfully sitting through War of the Words. Have not yet reached the "spell his ass off" line but I might have to change the channel before I get that far! (Niles just finished his little speech to Freddy about all words becoming one).

I don't understand the point of this contest. The most efficient way to test someone's spelling is a dictation. We have one every year that's so hard that only professional adults ( and by that I mean professors of literature and such) can get through with fewer than ten mistakes. Some years no one achieves zero mistakes, out of thousands of very gifted spellers from all over the French speaking world. Making people spell out loud is just stupid because people are not judged on the same words, which can be a source of dispute, and it is very slow, plus the dictation demands a knowledge of the finer points of grammar. It would take days to make every one spell as many words as there are in a single dictation. Anyway, to each their own...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
User avatar
Patrick
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:43 am
Location: France

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:34 pm

:twisted: The thing is with a spelling Bee, it's not very visual iIf it is written rather than spoken. There's nothing more for the audience to see but some dude writting stuff down.

At least spoken, the crowd can see (well, hear lol) the contestant try and spell the word. There's something to watch rather than have some guy read what's on the page and tell you the result.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
User avatar
Forever Jung
 
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Somewhere with scrambled egg all over my face

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


© Site contents are copyright Stuart Lee 1999 - 2020. This is a Frasier fan site and is not affiliated in any way with the program, Grub St Productions, Paramount or NBC.