Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:09 am

Cake for Brains wrote:
Breaking The Ice.

Or something like that. I don't know all the titles. The one where they're fishing in the log cabin on the frozen lake.

That's funny because I watched that episode last Tuesday on DVD - and was rather surprised by it. Surrounded by so many wonderful Season 2 episodes, I never really found it that special (although I've always loved the touching elements to it), but I really, really enjoyed it when I re-watched again.

Dark Victory - does anyone else like this episode? I know you find it overrated BN, but it rarely ever gets mentioned. Like the Season 1 finale, it really does have a lovely 'end-of-the-year' celebratory feel to it, and I love how each character is given a chance to shine. As well as being funny, it also does the emotion well too - with everybody coming to Frasier to help them solve their problems. It's got some great lines as welll. An absolute classic IMO.

To be fair, I think Dark Victory is better than I've given it credit for. I haven't seen S2 for ages - I'll probably re-assess every episode when I get round to watching it again!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:13 am

Secret Admirer

This is a little gem of an episode. There's Martin's great 'ice cream man' running gag which leads to an hilarious tag scene; Frasier's 'babe magnet' persona (which is as funny as it was in Three Dates and a Breakup) and Niles' Maris misery. Very funny ep.

8/10
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:20 am

How To Bury a Millionaire

One of my favourite season 6 episodes. The first half provides some wonderful humour, especially the scene with Niles sleeping in Frasier's bedroom. The opening 'car chase' scene is possibly the most unusual start to an episode of Frasier in the show's history! The second half is possibly even funnier with Niles being introduced to his new home at the Shangri-la. The episode is rounded off nicely with Niles coming to terms with his new situation with a nice gesture from Frasier to boot.

Another season 6 classic - 9/10.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:10 am

High Crane Drifter A+

A contender for my top 10.. I'd forgotten how funny it is.

Chess Pains A
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:10 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Dark Victory - does anyone else like this episode? I know you find it overrated BN, but it rarely ever gets mentioned. Like the Season 1 finale, it really does have a lovely 'end-of-the-year' celebratory feel to it, and I love how each character is given a chance to shine. As well as being funny, it also does the emotion well too - with everybody coming to Frasier to help them solve their problems. It's got some great lines as welll. An absolute classic IMO.

I really like Dark Victory, especially the parts where everyone is sniping at each other. And I liked Frasier's speech at the end - it gave you an insight into how he sometimes, just sometimes, needed a little space from all the people clamouring with their problems.

I last watched The Crucible. I feel this one is a bit underrated as well. I really like Martha Paxton and her embarrassing announcement that the painting is not her work, and Frasier's subsequent grouching and his argument with Philip Hayson. I also liked Niles throwing the brick through the window at the end, although it is a bit out-of-character. But I suppose even timid people like him eventually snap. And he did leave money to pay for it.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:34 pm

Selling Out B-
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:17 am

Wezzo wrote:High Crane Drifter A+

Chess Pains A

Two great eps - Chess Pains makes my top 20 eps.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:23 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I last watched The Crucible. I feel this one is a bit underrated as well. I really like Martha Paxton and her embarrassing announcement that the painting is not her work, and Frasier's subsequent grouching and his argument with Philip Hayson. I also liked Niles throwing the brick through the window at the end, although it is a bit out-of-character. But I suppose even timid people like him eventually snap. And he did leave money to pay for it.

I think The Crucible is possibly the weakest S1 episode. It just feels really flat to me. For once I didn't enjoy Martin in that ep - showing grizzly murder scene photos to all and sundry just doesn't seem like him.

The ending just seemed plain daft, although I agree that paying for his momentary hooliganism was entirely 'in character' for Niles.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:25 am

welshben23 wrote:Selling Out B-

That ep gets some stick but I gave it 80% in the R&R section a couple of years ago. Most Bebe eps were well worth a watch.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:34 am

The Seal Who Came To Dinner

Not the finest example of Joe Keenan's work but still quite an enjoyable watch. Some elements of it feel terribly contrived (the clapper lamp that is also an anchor for one) but as always with a JK episode there are some sharp one liners. I particularly liked Niles entering Maris' ideal weight to disable the burglar alarm - Frasier:"No one could weigh that and live!" :lol: and Marcel was fun (if a bit of a stereotype) as Niles’ snooty chef - "I re-heat for no one!"

All in all an enjoyable enough episode but unusually for Joe Keenan this is only an average season 6 episode.

7/10
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:29 am

Wezzo wrote:High Crane Drifter A+

Chess Pains A

I really, really enjoyed chess pains!
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby dorianblue » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:02 pm

'The Gift Horse.' I've introduced my mam to Frasier and she really, really loved this episode. 'Tis a classic. :D
dorianblue

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:19 pm

Moon Dance. It's bitter sweet though because I always feel sorry for Niles at the end.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:21 pm

Yeah me too. Though at first, I wasn't convinced when Daphne said "You're such a great actor".
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:59 am

dorianblue wrote:'The Gift Horse.' I've introduced my mam to Frasier and she really, really loved this episode. 'Tis a classic. :D

One of the best sibling rivalry eps IMHO. I love the shot of Frasier staring up at the monolithic TV! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:05 am

Nervosa wrote:Moon Dance. It's bitter sweet though because I always feel sorry for Niles at the end.

The sting is tempered by Niles deciding to take the attorney’s number and go dancing with her, but I know what you mean.

The line "Given the right circumstances, anyone can be fooled." gets me every time :cry:
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:18 am

Roz, A Loan

Possibly the weakest S6 ep IMO. The waitress at Nervosa is one of the most annoying characters of the season:

Frasier: I HATE her!

Quite.

Frasier and Roz falling out over money wasn't a great premise for an episode to begin with, but the awful ending (which was obviously an attempt by writer Janis Hirsch to put a comedic twist on proceedings) felt forced and out of character. Roz made this earnest speech...

Roz: Well, listen, obviously I am not to be trusted with your precious money, so I'm paying you back. And not that it's any of your business, but Carol took me out to La Gallou, and my mother gave me a day at the spa, and those shoes were a store credit. Oh, and I bought the perfume. That was just for me, because I wanted it.

...but in the next moment she was shown to by lying by asking Bulldog to cover the bad cheque she'd just written! No, I didn't like that at all.

5/10
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:06 am

Beer Necessity wrote:Roz, A Loan

Possibly the weakest S6 ep IMO. The waitress at Nervosa is one of the most annoying characters of the season:

Quite.

Frasier and Roz falling out over money wasn't a great premise for an episode to begin with, but the awful ending (which was obviously an attempt by writer Janis Hirsch to put a comedic twist on proceedings) felt forced and out of character. Roz made this earnest speech...

Roz: Well, listen, obviously I am not to be trusted with your precious money, so I'm paying you back. And not that it's any of your business, but Carol took me out to La Gallou, and my mother gave me a day at the spa, and those shoes were a store credit. Oh, and I bought the perfume. That was just for me, because I wanted it.

...but in the next moment she was shown to by lying by asking Bulldog to cover the bad cheque she'd just written! No, I didn't like that at all.

5/10

It's clear the writer was incabable of coming up with a button that didn't suck the soul out of an already weak script.
Stratman

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:43 am

Did people like Roz in series one?

Do you still like her now? :lol:
Frasier

Postby welshben23 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:50 pm

The Fight Before Christmas - B-

Mary Christmas - C-

We Two Kings - C

High Holidays- A-
welshben23

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:15 am

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Roz, A Loan

Quite.

5/10

It's clear the writer was incabable of coming up with a button that didn't suck the soul out of an already weak script.

I couldn't agree more.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:19 am

welshben23 wrote:The Fight Before Christmas - B-

Mary Christmas - C-

We Two Kings - C

High Holidays- A-

Hehe, that reminds me of the frasier 'reverse Christmas marathon' I had last year! I started at High Holidays and finished with the toast warm Christmas treat that is Miracle on Third or Fourth Street.

I think you've been quite generous to Mary Christmas there Ben, I thought it was by far the poorest Christmas themed episode - I enjoyed We Two Kings considerably more.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby welshben23 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:16 pm

Yeah I think its the poorest Christmas episode of Frasier, I only gave it a C because its a Christmas episode and I didnt want to be too harsh :P
welshben23

Postby Wezzo » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:27 pm

welshben23 wrote:Yeah I think its the poorest Christmas episode of Frasier, I only gave it a C because its a Christmas episode and I didnt want to be too harsh :P

I know what you mean, I quite often give Xmas episodes higher ratings than they deserve just because they're Christmassy!
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:32 pm

Wezzo wrote:
welshben23 wrote:Yeah I think its the poorest Christmas episode of Frasier, I only gave it a C because its a Christmas episode and I didnt want to be too harsh :P

I know what you mean, I quite often give Xmas episodes higher ratings than they deserve just because they're Christmassy!

I usually rip them apart like a Christmas present, actually. But seriously, ''We Two Kings'' is my least favourite, call me crazy if you like.
Stratman

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion