Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Postby Stratman » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Ham Radio A+

Much better than I remembered. The script is super tight, the great gag ratio outstanding, and the performances superb all round.
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:26 pm

Ham Radio A+

Much better than I remembered. The script is super tight, the great gag ratio outstanding, and the performances superb all round.

Glad you enjoyed it so much Strat!
Cake for Brains

Postby Eddie Moose » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:23 pm

the one where they go in the winabagoe (cant spell it) and they all go with Daphnee to travel america, but end up in Canada it was hilarious Daphnee only knowing the word sure in an american acent sure. I watched it today on the fabulous channel we know and love Paramount...
"Eddie meet Frasier he is the first born" Niles introducing Eddie to Frasier for the first time and Eddie having someone new to stare at.
Eddie Moose

Postby DHP » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:51 pm

Frasier Gotta Have It. Sadly nearing the end of Season 5. 4 months exactly until we see Season 6 on DVD... Man, that feels like SUCH a long time!

Good episode though. Not great, but on the pleasant side of average for sure. Oh, and this episode is a fine example that Frasier is definitely NOT high-brow entertainment, at least not all the time.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby me123 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:53 pm

DHP wrote:Frasier Gotta Have It. Sadly nearing the end of Season 5. 4 months exactly until we see Season 6 on DVD... Man, that feels like SUCH a long time!

Good episode though. Not great, but on the pleasant side of average for sure. Oh, and this episode is a fine example that Frasier is definitely NOT high-brow entertainment, at least not all the time.

I liked that episode, but there are better season 5's. Coincodently, that was my last episode too!
me123

Postby DHP » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:17 pm

me123 wrote:
DHP wrote:Frasier Gotta Have It. Sadly nearing the end of Season 5. 4 months exactly until we see Season 6 on DVD... Man, that feels like SUCH a long time!

I liked that episode, but there are better season 5's. Coincodently, that was my last episode too!

Yeah, I've seen Season 5 once before. I don't remember it too clearly, but I do remember that the last disc was enjoyable, but that the best ones from the season came before. Overall, definitely a great season though.
DHP

Postby me123 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:34 pm

Roz and the schnoz: A great episode (see my new thread)
me123

Postby Wezzo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Give Him The Chair and My Coffee With Niles. Both absolute classics.
Wezzo

Postby Cake for Brains » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:56 pm

Definitely my two favourite episodes from Season 1.
Cake for Brains

Postby DHP » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:14 pm

First Date. Great episode, love it to bits.
DHP

Postby Wezzo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

Definitely my two favourite episodes from Season 1.

I'd put Travels With Martin and Miracle On 3rd or 4th Street up there too, but yeah, among the show's all-time finest.
Wezzo

Postby me123 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Wezzo wrote:Give Him The Chair and My Coffee With Niles. Both absolute classics.

I love "My Coffee with Niles", although found "Give him the Chair" to be a rather weak episode in the whole season 1 fabric.
me123

Postby DHP » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:09 am

Roz and the Schnoz. One of the earliest episodes I watched in my introduction to Frasier back in 1998 when it was originally shown, along with The Perfect Guy. It's always gonna be hard to see this episode in anything but a positive light, as I have such fond memories of it back when I first saw it. It kinda takes me back to being a teenager I guess, and I like stuff that does that. :)

It's a lot of fun in its own right too though.
DHP

Postby DHP » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:48 pm

Just watched the first few episodes of season 4 with my sister. I thought she'd seen it, but she claimed upon seeing the start of season 5 that she hadn't, at least not the ending. Lots of fun to be had revisiting this classic season!
DHP

Postby me123 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:15 pm

A revisit to Ham Radio, and I would once again give it 10/10!

Despite the fact that I'd seen it 4 times and knew almost exactly what was coming, I was still in hysterics. For some reason, it gets better every time you watch it.

It's not typical Frasier, but it seems to work which is amazing!

And another great appearence from my favourite KACL employee (other than Roz and Frasier, of course), NOEL!!!! I think he's only got 1 line or something, but the props are great!
me123

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:18 am

me123 wrote:A revisit to Ham Radio, and I would once again give it 10/10!

Despite the fact that I'd seen it 4 times and knew almost exactly what was coming, I was still in hysterics. For some reason, it gets better every time you watch it.

It's not typical Frasier, but it seems to work which is amazing!

And another great appearence from my favourite KACL employee (other than Roz and Frasier, of course), NOEL!!!! I think he's only got 1 line or something, but the props are great!

That's probably Noel's best episode. Gil's too (although I am very partial to the couple of lines he gets in Halloween; and The Doctor Is Out may well be my personal favourite!)
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:27 am

I've been trawling through the remainder of S6:-

Decoys

Sometimes described as a "10th rate 'Ski Lodge'" this episode still has a hell of a lot going for it. David Lloyd keeps things ticking along at a brisk pace and the structure is very well worked out (Niles managing to mistake Frasier for Donny on no less than three occasions! :lol: ). The final scene does tend to resemble a West End farce with all the main cast in the living room hiding behind doors but it's tremendous fun. Niles and Roz are electric together. One thing that bothers me though (and I admit it's only because I have kids myself). Roz's line "Niles, have you seen my nipples?" is extremely funny but Roz comes out of the kitchen clutching two nipple-less baby bottles. She only has one child!! Why would she be preparing two bottles for baby Alice? Pedantic I know, but I'd have much preferred the line "Niles, have you seen my nipple?" (note: singular case! :D ) and appear from the kitchen with one bottle with which to feed her baby. Completely shattered my suspension of disbelief, it did! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:36 am

Taps At The Montana

I was looking forward to seeing this episode again but it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, which was weird. I knew it wasn't up there with To Kill A Talking Bird but it paled in comparison to that S4 classic. Weirdly enough I enjoyed the previous David Lloyd farce ep Decoys much more a couple of days ago and I've never rated that ep higher before. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Nervosa » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:08 pm

Over the last couple of days, I've watched practically all of season five. It's damn good season and really reminds me of why Frasier S1-5 cannot be beaten.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:21 pm

Over the last couple of days, I've watched practically all of season five. It's damn good season and really reminds me of why Frasier S1-5 cannot be beaten.

What were your favourite episodes? Did you like Tke Ski Lodge, an episode that some (like myself) love to bit, but others feel slightly overrated?

Taps At The Montana

I was looking forward to seeing this episode again but it turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, which was weird. I knew it wasn't up there with To Kill A Talking Bird but it paled in comparison to that S4 classic. Weirdly enough I enjoyed the previous David Lloyd farce ep Decoys much more a couple of days ago and I've never rated that ep higher before. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it...

Sorry to hear TATM didn't impress you this time round BN - I think its a really good episode, superior to To Kill a Talking Bird, which I feel is vastly overrated and doesn't come close to matching the episodes surrounding it in Season 4. I like the 'murder in the dark' game in particular, although Roz lying next to a corpse is a bit dark perhaps.
Cake for Brains

Postby Nervosa » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:27 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:

What were your favourite episodes? Did you like Tke Ski Lodge, an episode that some (like myself) love to bit, but others feel slightly overrated?[quote]

Well I've seen them all plenty of times between C4 and Paramount, so I was just re-visiting. But favourites (other than The Ski Lodge, which is a given) would be The Zoo Storey, The Maris Councellor, Bad Dog and Life Of The Party.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:45 pm

Good choices of episodes there Nervosa - I particularly agree with The Maris Counsellor and Bad Dog, the latter of which is an underappreciated little episode I feel.
Cake for Brains

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Sorry to hear TATM didn't impress you this time round BN - I think its a really good episode, superior to To Kill a Talking Bird, which I feel is vastly overrated and doesn't come close to matching the episodes surrounding it in Season 4. I like the 'murder in the dark' game in particular, although Roz lying next to a corpse is a bit dark perhaps.

I usually love the ep; I just don't think I was in the mood for it. I've been watching some stand-up DVD's I got for Christmas and the difference of styles has been quite jarring! I'm going to give the rest of S6 a miss for a week or so before finishing off the DVD.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Cake for Brains wrote:

What were your favourite episodes? Did you like Tke Ski Lodge, an episode that some (like myself) love to bit, but others feel slightly overrated?

Well I've seen them all plenty of times between C4 and Paramount, so I was just re-visiting. But favourites (other than The Ski Lodge, which is a given) would be The Zoo Storey, The Maris Councellor, Bad Dog and Life Of The Party.

I enjoy those eps (although I'm not a big Bad Dog fan, it's a decent enough episode) but I'd add Halloween; Frasier's Imaginary Friend and a few others to my 'best of season' list. I love S5, it's probably my second favorite season after S4.
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:00 pm

Which standup DVD's did you get BN?
Cake for Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion