Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: The Last Frasier Episode You Watched.

Postby TheSaneChoice » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:37 pm

I chose alternative things over watching 'The Ann Who Came To Dinner' which is an execrable episode. It's one episode I physically can't watch. Followed by 'Freudian Sleep' - which got a panning on here. I think it's pretty dull, but it's a hell of a lot better than the previous one.
TheSaneChoice

Postby heartofmotion » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:08 pm

Freudian Sleep was totally surreal - I had to read the script afterwards to understand the story. It was impossible to tell which sequences were dream and which 'reality' as both were equally bizarre! My jaw dropped to the floor at John's Fred Astaire routine - and not in a good way!

Also, in terms of character realism, there is no sane person who would tell their brother they'd had a dream about marrying their sister-in-law - not even a psychiatrist. Equally it's impossible to believe Niles' cool reaction to this revelation.

I think the problem was that there was no plotline left by this point. I wonder if any of the actors had private or collective reservations about these scripts or if they were all blinded by their success and their big, fat pay cheques?!
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

heartofmotion wrote:Freudian Sleep was totally surreal - I had to read the script afterwards to understand the story. It was impossible to tell which sequences were dream and which 'reality' as both were equally bizarre! My jaw dropped to the floor at John's Fred Astaire routine - and not in a good way!

Also, in terms of character realism, there is no sane person who would tell their brother they'd had a dream about marrying their sister-in-law - not even a psychiatrist. Equally it's impossible to believe Niles' cool reaction to this revelation.

I think the problem was that there was no plotline left by this point. I wonder if any of the actors had private or collective reservations about these scripts or if they were all blinded by their success and their big, fat pay cheques?!

I still think that Trophy Girlfriend is the most annoying of these bizarre episodes.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:36 pm

I like Freudian Sleep. Trophy Girlfriend gives me the creeps!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby heartofmotion » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:22 pm

I don't remember Trophy Girlfriend and it isn't on You Tube so will have to wait to see it.

This morning we had Caught In The Act, Boo and Coots and Ladders. Caught In The Act is definitely the worst I've seen. Could not believe Kelsey agreed to do this - especially as we are led to believe that by this stage he had a big say in production. If I had been his agent or lawyer I would have been knocking on the writers' door. But it made me feel it wasn't the actors' fault the show was losing quality - the script is definitely lame.

I quite liked Boo, especially the scenes with Frasier and Niles in the bedroom discussing how much they'd miss Martin, while Martin makes the most unromantic proposal ever in the lounge!
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:02 pm

heartofmotion wrote:I don't remember Trophy Girlfriend and it isn't on You Tube so will have to wait to see it.

This morning we had Caught In The Act, Boo and Coots and Ladders. Caught In The Act is definitely the worst I've seen. Could not believe Kelsey agreed to do this - especially as we are led to believe that by this stage he had a big say in production. If I had been his agent or lawyer I would have been knocking on the writers' door. But it made me feel it wasn't the actors' fault the show was losing quality - the script is definitely lame.

I quite liked Boo, especially the scenes with Frasier and Niles in the bedroom discussing how much they'd miss Martin, while Martin makes the most unromantic proposal ever in the lounge!

I believe Kelsey enjoyed playing a clown. You can see that he's doing a very thorough job of it.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 am

I'm thinking heartofmotion and I could never watch Frasier together. Caught in the Act is one my favorite episodes.
CatNamedRudy

Postby welshben23 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:43 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I'm thinking heartofmotion and I could never watch Frasier together. Caught in the Act is one my favorite episodes.

I don't think I could watch Frasier with heartofmotion either. Boo makes me laugh a heck of a lot, Caught in the Act is brilliant and Freudian Sleep is a guilty pleasure of mine, if you can call it that. It's a good episode.
welshben23

Postby heartofmotion » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:34 pm

Yes, I liked Boo. I'm guessing you are both guys as I don't believe any female Frasier fan would enjoy seeing him dressed in a baby's bonnet. There's a world of difference between the rather natty and very colourful clown get-up and seeing him stripped bare (just about) on stage!

After watching the episodes with Charlotte, I agree with everyone that she's the one. It was good to see him in love at last. I guess, after the scene she made in the restaurant, he could see that he'd met his match in the drama queen stakes.

Anyway, at least Season 11 is over now on Channel 4 and we can look forward to some random offerings from earlier seasons.
heartofmotion

Postby Ariel » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 pm

OK Thinking of the last episode - did he go and live in San Francisco or Chicago? He had accepted the job in San Francisco so I always assumed he went there after calling in on the new girlfriend, or are we meant to think he went to live with her and didn't go to San Francisco after all?? What did everyone else assume about the ending?
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Ariel wrote:OK Thinking of the last episode - did he go and live in San Francisco or Chicago? He had accepted the job in San Francisco so I always assumed he went there after calling in on the new girlfriend, or are we meant to think he went to live with her and didn't go to San Francisco after all?? What did everyone else assume about the ending?

He makes at least a stopover in Chicago, what he did that for is anybody's guess. I find it hard to believe that he would have forgone his job in San Fran altogether, so my guess would be that he was going to propose her to move with him there, hence the "wish me luck!" at the end. He wasn't sure of the outcome, while the outcome would be more certain if he had decided to move to Chicago and find a new job there, maybe with the help of Bebe. I guess Bebe would have been pissed off at him for quitting on that juicy new position she found for him. Like she said it was big money compared to his salary in Seattle. So with the new constraints, it's likely that what she would have found him in Chicago would have been much less enticing.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby welshben23 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 pm

heartofmotion wrote:Yes, I liked Boo. I'm guessing you are both guys as I don't believe any female Frasier fan would enjoy seeing him dressed in a baby's bonnet. There's a world of difference between the rather natty and very colourful clown get-up and seeing him stripped bare (just about) on stage!

After watching the episodes with Charlotte, I agree with everyone that she's the one. It was good to see him in love at last. I guess, after the scene she made in the restaurant, he could see that he'd met his match in the drama queen stakes.

Anyway, at least Season 11 is over now on Channel 4 and we can look forward to some random offerings from earlier seasons.

Well I am but CatNamedRudy definitely is not a guy. :lol: She just likes Kelsey's body a lot I think.
welshben23

Postby heartofmotion » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:52 am

We do get to see Kelsey's body a lot throughout Frasier whereas we don't get even a glimpse of David's torso. He must have had a 'no exposure' clause in his contract.
heartofmotion

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 am

welshben23 wrote:
heartofmotion wrote:Yes, I liked Boo. I'm guessing you are both guys as I don't believe any female Frasier fan would enjoy seeing him dressed in a baby's bonnet. There's a world of difference between the rather natty and very colourful clown get-up and seeing him stripped bare (just about) on stage!

Well I am but CatNamedRudy definitely is not a guy. :lol: She just likes Kelsey's body a lot I think.

:lol: The baby diaper thing is but a very minor moment in that episode. I just think the episode is really funny. I love seeing Kelsey shirtless in most of the episodes but that particular moment isn't really one of them.
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:37 pm

I watched Momma Mia this morning. Haven't seen that one in a while. I love Niles freaking out over the "bugs."
CatNamedRudy

Postby Hakunila » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:01 am

Just finished - A Crane's Critique - Wonderful episode. Hmmm what next.
Hakunila

Postby Hakunila » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:43 pm

I'm on a roll in here! Been watching episodes all day. Last one was " You Scratch My Book".

Now Playing : Daphne's Room
Hakunila

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Love Daphne's Room.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Love Daphne's Room.

Did he really buy her a car though? That's one hell of a bonus! :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:54 am

Patrick wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Love Daphne's Room.

Did he really buy her a car though? That's one hell of a bonus! :lol:

:lol: No kidding!

I wish somebody would buy me a car as a bonus. In fact, a bonus of any kind might be kind of nice.
CatNamedRudy

Postby heartofmotion » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 pm

Just seen Room Full of Heroes. Am I the only one who thinks this is creepy? As usual, I had to switch it off when Niles (as Martin) starts talking about his mother. I love Frasier as Freud but Daphne as Elton John and Roz as Wonder Woman are also unflattering.
heartofmotion

Postby insaneasperger » Sun May 25, 2014 12:40 am

Seebee jeebies...
Managed to confuse the boyfriend by singing the closing song before Frasier. Hate Frasier pettiness in this episode, the song is probably the best bit!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Eddie2012 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:52 pm

heartofmotion wrote:We do get to see Kelsey's body a lot throughout Frasier whereas we don't get even a glimpse of David's torso. He must have had a 'no exposure' clause in his contract.

We do actually. In Room Service and the one were Frasier gives them all massages. He looks even hairier than K. :)
Eddie2012

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion