Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Mistakes on Frasier?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Mistakes on Frasier?

Postby Patrick » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 pm

Not exactly a mistake but something funny: If you look at the people at the condo board meeting in season 4's Three Days Of the Condo, there isn't ONE of them that you find later in season 9's Mother Load. It looks like something decimated each and every one of the condo members in only 5 years! Except for Frasier of course! :D
I suspect foul play, Frasier killed them one by one for his humiliating defeat. :lol:
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby freewill » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 pm

Patrick wrote:Given how much the making of an episode must cost, it would be a drop in a bucket to pay someone to verify that the facts put forth are not in contradiction with previous episodes. As Niles himself once said: "Small, consistent efforts, that's what it takes."

I guess they just don't care...

Studios are very reluctant to spend money on something that is not likely to lead to an increase in revenue. Over the years, how many people do you think have said, "Well as much as I want to like this show, they can't even keep basic things like birthdays straight. They just lost a viewer." My guess would be, to quote Martin, "Not many!"
"Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life!"
freewill

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 am

Three Dates And A Break Up : When Frasier and Martin are arguing in the kitchen, there's a black bowl on the counter, then the bowl is gone and two white plates are in its place, Martin takes one of the plates and smashes it against the other, then the plates are gone and the bowl is back, no debris, nothing.

Magic, I tell ya! :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Patrick wrote:Three Dates And A Break Up : When Frasier and Martin are arguing in the kitchen, there's a black bowl on the counter, then the bowl is gone and two white plates are in its place, Martin takes one of the plates and smashes it against the other, then the plates are gone and the bowl is back, no debris, nothing.

Magic, I tell ya! :D

I noticed that one today! That seems like a strange mistake.
frasier floyd

Postby Eddie2012 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Never noticed that - is it the first or second eps?
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 pm

frasier floyd wrote:...
I noticed that one today! That seems like a strange mistake.

In Ask Me No Questions Martin gives a gift basket to Daphne, while they are arguing Martin removes a couple of items from the basket and puts them on the table, where you can see them for a little while, then they disappear magically from the table and reappear in the basket... The invisible elf strikes again. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:Never noticed that - is it the first or second eps?

Yes, it's close to the end.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby freewill » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:00 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned, it's more of a technical glitch than a mistake. In S2's "Retirement is Murder", when Martin says "I appreciate you boys bringing me here" at the basketball game, the audio behaves strangely, as if part of it is in a higher pitch. I always thought it was a glitch that happened when they transferred it to DVD, but it's there in the Netflix stream, too.
"Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life!"
freewill

Postby Fraise Fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Major oversight:

Of course, in the RV episode where they go across the Canadian border, way back in an early season, they make a big deal out of how Daphne was told not to do one thing, and that's leave the country. It's a big deal getting back across the border, and Daphne was scared to death.

In season 10, Daphne, her mom, Roz, and Alice head to a Canadian park, because it was supposed to be the best place for fun. Frasier and Niles are having a discussion and Frasier says, well you know sometimes, it's hard for foreigners to get back in the country when they leave, as if the prior event never occurred. They made no mention of it. If it's been mentioned, sorry about that.

It could be that Daphne and Miles are already married, and therefore she's now a US citizen, I don't know. I loose track of sequencing, and whether they are married or just living together. Eventually, I'll get that sequence in my mind.

I think that's a instance of writer changes, and nobody picking up on it. Producers, or the actors themselves should have picked up on that one.
Fraise Fan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 am

Fraise Fan wrote:Major oversight:

Of course, in the RV episode where they go across the Canadian border, way back in an early season, they make a big deal out of how Daphne was told not to do one thing, and that's leave the country. It's a big deal getting back across the border, and Daphne was scared to death.

In season 10, Daphne, her mom, Roz, and Alice head to a Canadian park, because it was supposed to be the best place for fun. Frasier and Niles are having a discussion and Frasier says, well you know sometimes, it's hard for foreigners to get back in the country when they leave, as if the prior event never occurred. They made no mention of it. If it's been mentioned, sorry about that.

It could be that Daphne and Miles are already married, and therefore she's now a US citizen, I don't know. I loose track of sequencing, and whether they are married or just living together. Eventually, I'll get that sequence in my mind.

I think that's a instance of writer changes, and nobody picking up on it. Producers, or the actors themselves should have picked up on that one.

The reason she couldn't leave the country during Travels with Martin was because her visa was still in the temporary stage. It was several years later by the time they went to the theme park. That situation had been solved.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Roverman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:04 am

I always thought they said it like that because they wanted Gertrude to have issues getting back in!
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Fraise Fan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:07 am

ok, well, that makes sense. I just thought they glossed over it. Maybe hoping Daphne's Mom got sent back was a alterior motive...
Fraise Fan

Postby Roverman » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:48 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Fraise Fan wrote:Major oversight:

The reason she couldn't leave the country during Travels with Martin was because her visa was still in the temporary stage. It was several years later by the time they went to the theme park. That situation had been solved.

In fact it was more than resolved, wasn't she a US citizen by then?
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Ariel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm

I'm sure I can remember Daphne saying something at some time or other (there's vague for you!) about how she knew the answer to a question because of studying for her citizenship exam?
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Ariel wrote:I'm sure I can remember Daphne saying something at some time or other (there's vague for you!) about how she knew the answer to a question because of studying for her citizenship exam?

It was in Proxy Prexy her remark was about Woodrow Wilson who had a stroke and who's wife acted sub rosa as president.

:wink:

The joke was not about Daphne but about her mother, about whom Frasier said that she could have trouble coming back from Canadian fun country and Niles slyly answered that he hadn't thought of that. Daphne was citizen if only by her marriage to Niles. That's why they have something called paper marriage in the USA where people give a bribe to an American citizen so that he/she will pretend to be married to him/her and become a citizen that way. That's why they have a clause that people must live together for a certain time to be legally married, especially if one of them is a foreigner. They can even test each spouse separately to see if they know something of each other, which I find to be an outrageous invasion of privacy but I guess, to each his own.

We have the same thing in France too, except that in France it's illegal to ask private questions the way the American authorities do. Better let ten guilty people off the hook than outrageously violate the privacy of one innocent citizen.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Frank B » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:39 pm

In Daphne's Room: The second time Frasier walks into her room the door is closed, and he leaves it wide open when desperately trying to find a place to hide. Why doesn't Daphne notice that her door is not closed when she comes to her room? She just walks in and closes it. You would think that after what happened earlier it would make her suspicious. She probably never leaves the door open when she cares that much about her privacy.
Frank B

Postby Patrick » Sun May 05, 2013 5:07 pm

Sliding Frasiers: In France we're not allowed to drive with our arm in a sling, unless it's a permanent handicap and then you must have a special license and a modified car. I believe the US must have the same kind of restrictions.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sun May 05, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm not sure how Martin is allowed to drive, either. My grandpa had slight reduced mobility in one leg, not even enough to carry a cane, and still he had trouble renewing his licence all the time.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun May 05, 2013 6:31 pm

PistolPoet wrote:I'm not sure how Martin is allowed to drive, either. My grandpa had slight reduced mobility in one leg, not even enough to carry a cane, and still he had trouble renewing his licence all the time.

I know plenty of people who walk with canes or have limps or have mobility problems that drive. I drove for 3 months with my leg in a brace. My friend drove with her leg in a cast. If you don't drive a stick and it's your left leg (in places where we drive on the correct side of the road and sit on the correct side of the car :wink: ) it's not a problem.

As for the sling, people probably shouldn't drive while their arm is in a sling or a cast but they do it all the time.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Roverman » Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Patrick wrote:Sliding Frasiers: In France we're not allowed to drive with our arm in a sling, unless it's a permanent handicap and then you must have a special license and a modified car. I believe the US must have the same kind of restrictions.

When my mother injured her arm in 2011 the decision to continue driving was made by her doctor as she was driving a big diesel saloon with a manual gearbox he advised her to only drive short distances and no parallel parking. Frasier drives a BMW 5 Series which is almost certainly to be automatic and knowing America, its probably got superlight power steering. I would also bet as a Doctor he would have took the decision himself rather than confer with a GP.
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Patrick » Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 am

In 11.11 High Holidays, Frasier picks up his glass of sherry, twice. It's toward the end, 20th minute and counting. You have to pay attention or you'll miss it. You see him take his glass from the counter and then we see Niles briefly and back to Frasier who picks up the same glass the exact same way, while saying something else. It's like we're in the twilight zone... :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Roverman » Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 am

Not sure if this is a mistake but in 'You Can Go Home Again' Roz presents Frasier with a tape of his first show which he thinks is lovely and then goes home to play it yet as we find out later on Frasier has a cupboard full of tapes and has almost every single show. We also find out that KACL doesn't keep the tapes very long as they don't have a lot of storage space.
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Patrick » Sun May 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Roverman wrote:Not sure if this is a mistake but in 'You Can Go Home Again' Roz presents Frasier with a tape of his first show which he thinks is lovely and then goes home to play it yet as we find out later on Frasier has a cupboard full of tapes and has almost every single show. We also find out that KACL doesn't keep the tapes very long as they don't have a lot of storage space.

Yes, that's the reality of convenience that is only mentioned once on the show and yet is supposed to have been going on for years. Plus that's not what they do here, in France. They record and keep absolutely everything. That's why they are able to dig up a brief intervention on some defunct show of someone famous now that happened say, two decades ago, when he/she was completely unknown. They do the same on TV, I once saw some famous singer, famous in general that is because my knowledge of him was only marginal, they had found a clip of him singing as a child in some contest back then.

That's not the only case of reality of convenience of the show, far from it. Niles propensity to take shelter under the piano when he's upset is only mentioned once by Frasier and by an extraordinary coincidence that's what he does later during the episode. It's never mentioned nor do we see him do that again and yet the occasions were many.

The junior agent that Frasier supposedly had met a hundred times and yet we spectators had never seen nor heard of and that we never see again. Is another example of a "forever" that happens only once.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Roverman » Sun May 12, 2013 12:19 pm

I love that phrase 'reality of convenience'!
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Roverman » Mon May 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Watching 'The Two Mrs Cranes' earlier today and I spot what could be one of the laziest pieces of script writing ever in the history of Frasier.

Clive claims to have got Daphne's 'phone number out of the book, he also queries why she's listed under her maiden name.

I'd be querying why she is even listed at all!

1. Its Frasier's apartment, not only was he living there before her, he even had a 'phone line before she moved in.
2. I assume, like here in the UK, that AT+T list the subscriber's name in the book.
3. Frasier has said before, and probably says again later in the series canon that he has an unlisted number.
4. If Daphne did have her own phone line, would it not go through to her bedroom and if she does why does she use Frasier's 'phone to ring her mother?

I think Patrick's phrase comes into play big time here!!
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion