Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

When did they become friends?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

When did they become friends?

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:22 pm

Obviously, throughout the series, Roz and Daphne became good friends, and it was nice for Daphne to have another female to confide in, after living with men all her life.

I was just wondering just when you think they may have become friends. I'd say sometime towards the end of the second season. I don't think we see any interaction between them in the first season (correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've watched that one) and there's not that much interaction between them in the early half of the second season either.

Although Roz does mention her in "The Matchmaker", I thought her delivery of the line, "Not one man I've ever dated is good enough for Miss Daphne" seemed slightly mocking of Daphne, as though she was implying that Daphne was just as much a snob as the Crane brothers were being, and that one of Daphne's men wouldn't be up to scratch for her. I can't quite work out whether she only said it that way because she was just mad with Frasier and Niles at that time, or whether she was having a dig at Daphne as well.

They talk to each other a little in "Someone to Watch Over Me", and of course, there's some interaction in "The Innkeepers." The fact that they so quickly dive into an argument in "The Innkeepers" leads me to believe that they may not have been friends for very long; I think they may have been just beginning to establish a friendly relationship at that point, but that it wasn't very developed yet.

I know this is a simple question, and I've probably analysed the whole thing too much, but what do the rest of you think? At what point do you think they started to become friends? And how do you think it happened? They seemed to go from not knowing each other well to being on good terms with one another. I guess they probably started talking during one of Roz's visits to Frasier's apartment. Maybe he invited her over for dinner (perhaps on an evening when Niles wasn't there, since there would have bound to be some sparks flying between them that early on) and they started talking and struck up a friendship that way.

Post Edited (04-03-05 18:22)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Return to Frasier Discussion