Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

How Will You Vote in the Forthcoming UK Elections?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

How Will You Vote in the Forthcoming UK Elections?

Conservative
9%
Labour
36%
Liberal Democrat
27%
Green Party
No votes
BNP
No votes
UKIP
No votes
Other
No votes
I won't vote - can't be bothered
No votes
I won't vote - politics doesn't interest me
18%
I won't vote - I feel disenfranchised from the whole damn system!
9%
I'll be voting - but I'd prefer not to say who for
No votes

Total votes : 11

Re: How Will You Vote in the Forthcoming UK Elections?

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:13 pm

Karin wrote:Speaking of debates, there was a great bit on The Daily Show the other day about the differences between British and American debates. According to them, these were the rules for the Prime Minister Debate:

- each leader will make an opening statement lasting one minute
- each leader will have one minute to respond
- maximum 3 Churchill quotes
- all questions must begin "Simon says"
- no insulting participants' 15th century ancestors
- all cravats must be checked with a designated "cravat checkman"
- participants may only wear white underpants
- no headlocks
- the Queen's corgi must be given equal time
- no Hitler costumes

:lol:

Those are funny. :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ahh, a vote for Labour in my oh-so-popular above poll.

*checks member list*

Yep, I thought so. Hi there, young Wesley! :wink:

I'm the one who voted for Labour, so the mystery voter is for Lib Dem.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 am

Dorset Girl wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:Ahh, a vote for Labour in my oh-so-popular above poll.

*checks member list*

Yep, I thought so. Hi there, young Wesley! :wink:

I'm the one who voted for Labour, so the mystery voter is for Lib Dem.

Wow, yeah sorry you did say who you were voting for earlier in the thread. I just noticed Wez logged on for the first time in a couple of months and put two and two together.

Did you get chance to watch the second round of Leaders' debates DG?
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:44 pm

I've checked in with my Labour vote now BS, crisis averted. ;)
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Wezzo wrote:I've checked in with my Labour vote now BS, crisis averted. ;)

Bah! *shakes fist*
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Surprising vote from Wes there ;)

It wasn't me who added the other one anyway, as i still haven't picked one yet. Even Eddie Izzard's funny contribution for the Labour election broadcast that i heard on the radio will struggle to tempt me. If anyone else heard it, was that David Tennent who gave the closing comment?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Wezzo » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Surprising vote from Wes there ;)

It wasn't me who added the other one anyway, as i still haven't picked one yet. Even Eddie Izzard's funny contribution for the Labour election broadcast that i heard on the radio will struggle to tempt me. If anyone else heard it, was that David Tennent who gave the closing comment?

Yeah David Tennant has been doing the final comment on the TV ones too :)
Wezzo

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Surprising vote from Wes there ;)

Yeah David Tennant has been doing the final comment on the TV ones too :)

Cheers for that. I could have just looked it up i suppose - lazy bugger that i am.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Funny gaffe by Brown today, although not as funny as the massive amount of P.R. backpedalling that went on afterwards. No less than three apologies to Gillian Duffy - one on Radio 2 straight afterwards, then a personal phone call and finally, because he was obviously at a loose end, a personal visit to her house for a 45 minute chat! :lol: Hehe, I'd have loved her to come to the door after that and rip up her postal ballot in front of all the cameras. :D

I can see why this incident caused such a media frenzy but to me it was a bit like a "Politician in Two-Faced Shock!" headline... :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:50 pm

I dunno what she said, but if it really was bigoted comments then he should have stood by what he said. I'd think fair fucks if he was just telling the truth. Has it been reported or clearly recorded what her comments were?

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:18 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I dunno what she said, but if it really was bigoted comments then he should have stood by what he said. I'd think fair fucks if he was just telling the truth. Has it been reported or clearly recorded what her comments were?

Oh yes, I'm surprised you've not heard them yet they've been playing on a loop on all the news channels since midday. No, she wasn't a bigot. She just expressed concern about the huge flow of immigrants that have come here from Eastern Europe and asked why should they be entitled to benefits above people who've lived here for generations. It was a genuine question put in a way many men or women on the street might put it, and after handling the initial exchange quite well he was obviously pissed off when he got in his car and called her a bigot (just seconds after he'd said 'nice to meet you' to her face).

The most damaging thing really was that she was a lifelong Labour voter, and he basically dismissed her concerns. I bet plenty of people share them (without realising that immigration of skilled workers is actually good for the economy).
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:12 am

Actually, I think it was the language she used that prompted the 'bigot' comment. She said "All these eastern Europeans that are coming in - where are they flocking from?" I think it was the 'flocking' metaphor that made it sound bad, it's kind of 'lazy racism' to use that sort of language and I wouldn't say it reflected too well on her. Besides, she'd answered her own question! :roll:

I feel a bit sorry for Brown over this one. Not the cleverest thing he could have said, but everyone has a private and a public face, obviously he couldn't have called her a bigot to her face, so he was expressing his frustration in private (or so he thought!).

Remember when Prince Charles was overheard saying that Andrew Marr was a 'detestable little man' or something? That made me chuckle. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:48 am

Dorset Girl wrote:Actually, I think it was the language she used that prompted the 'bigot' comment. She said "All these eastern Europeans that are coming in - where are they flocking from?" I think it was the 'flocking' metaphor that made it sound bad, it's kind of 'lazy racism' to use that sort of language and I wouldn't say it reflected too well on her. Besides, she'd answered her own question! :roll:

I feel a bit sorry for Brown over this one. Not the cleverest thing he could have said, but everyone has a private and a public face, obviously he couldn't have called her a bigot to her face, so he was expressing his frustration in private (or so he thought!).

Remember when Prince Charles was overheard saying that Andrew Marr was a 'detestable little man' or something? That made me chuckle. :lol:

I guess the problem is he's been programmed (as all politicians have) by party PR people to never say publically what's really felt when confronted. It does look two-faced to not just say it to a persons face, but, as BS says, it's really a shocking discovery to find a politician saying something different in private to what they say in public :lol:

Obviously the papers are going to have a field day with it. Funny to see the Daily Express headline on Sky News just now. "A hypocrite who shames Britain" - i'm sure the hypocrisy of that paper throwing such stones is completely lost on them.

Edit: Sky news are so crap it's funny. They pulled away from Clegg answering proper political questions from journalists, as it was obviously too boring and factual for them, to cut to pictures of Gordon Brown walking through a railway station and getting into a car - how exciting! I hope Charlie Brooker does a Newswipe Politics Special.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:22 am

Moon-Crane wrote:Edit: Sky news are so crap it's funny. They pulled away from Clegg answering proper political questions from journalists, as it was obviously too boring and factual for them, to cut to pictures of Gordon Brown walking through a railway station and getting into a car - how exciting! I hope Charlie Brooker does a Newswipe Politics Special.

I can't watch Sky News, it makes me cringe too much! Was that one of their guys modertating the last debate, by the way? He didn't seem to impartial, particularly when he randomly brought up the fact that Clegg had been on the front page of The Independent the day before.
Dorset Girl

Postby Daphne K » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Weird.. this topic stays marked as unread even if i've already seen it. Let's see what happens if i make another post. :roll:

Edit: that did the job :D
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Previous

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes