Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Sonic The Hedgehog Vs The Mario Brothers

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Sonic The Hedgehog Vs The Mario Brothers

Sonic The Hedgehog
36%
The Mario Brothers
64%

Total votes : 22

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue May 29, 2007 12:09 pm

With Sonic, there were / are three different ways of playing it:

- Try to zip through all the levels as quickly as possible, and get a high score by building up a time bonus,

- Make sure you collect at least 50 rings on most of the levels, which enables you to go into the 'special zone' and have a chance of collecting the Chaos emeralds (easier said than done in some of the more tricky special zones),

- Spend lots of time wandering around and finding secret rooms, etc., of which there were dozens - some very cunningly hidden, and full of goodies.

The first time I finished Sonic 1, I was really disappointed - it said 'well done' for finishing, but as I hadn't taken the time to collect all the chaos emeralds, there then appeared a picture of Robotnik juggling the remaining emeralds and telling me to try again. :( So actually, even though I played the game so much I probably know every platform, I still think it's pretty tricky if you want to finish it properly.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Stratman » Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 am

Collecting all the chaos emerals is extremely difficult. Great summation, btw.
Stratman

Postby welshben23 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:34 pm

This question will be answered once and for all when Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games comes out later this year. :D
welshben23

Postby ouroboros » Wed May 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Mario for me! I still remember the Christmas I first got my Nintendo, we went to Centre Parcs in Nottingham, we'd swim at 'The Dome' all day and then I'd race back to the villa and play Mario all night. Ah it's a warm fuzzy childhood memory actually.

In later years when it became Super Nintendo I loved Mario World and Yoshi! (I actually purchased a SNES off ebay recently, 26 yrs of age and I still play from time to time!)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:40 pm

I still have my Megadrive, and I just leave it connected to the TV. Sonic's still my favourite game.

I also have Golden Axe, Ecco the Dolphin, Arton Senna's Grand Prix, World of Illusion, Aladdin and loads of other 'cutesy' platform games. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby ouroboros » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Ah I love Aladdin! I also had this game called 'Trogs' on the first nintendo, I think you wet around collecting eggs or something? I was addicted!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Postby Stratman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:51 pm

I've just been playing Mario World, it is possibly a minutely tougher game, but it lacks variation, is WAY too linear and the presentation is pretty lame.
Stratman

Postby Slayer13 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:17 pm

I love Sonic! He got my vote.
"If I see the morning hours, I'll have one more yesterday. A dateline from tommorow 'cause I burned up my today.
If I get up to the top I know, I'll just go back downhill. Got a terminal future and it's time to write my will." -Dave Mustaine
Slayer13

Postby Stratman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:17 pm

At last, there is no clear winner!
Stratman

Postby Cake for Brains » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:26 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Paul B wrote:
Wezzo wrote:I'd take Crash Bandicoot over both any day! Boo-yah!

I highly doubt Crash will be popular in 20 years, to be honest. :P Plus, each game since CTR has been pretty poor...

There have been a few bad ones. But Crash 2, Crash 3 and CTR would all be in my top 10 videogames of all-time.

Same here. Love them to bits, despite the graphics. I liked Crash Bash, as well.

Anyway, as for this poll, Mario Brothers for me.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 pm

FFS, lame asses... :wink:
Stratman

Postby Paul B » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:20 am

Stratman wrote:I've just been playing Mario World, it is possibly a minutely tougher game, but it lacks variation, is WAY too linear and the presentation is pretty lame.

And Sonic ISN'T linear? Jeez, you're talking about a Mario game that's almost 20 years old. Both series have advanced since then - most would agree that Sonic's venture into next-generation gaming has been pretty awful, while Mario is in leaps and bounds.
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:55 am

Paul B wrote:
Stratman wrote:I've just been playing Mario World, it is possibly a minutely tougher game, but it lacks variation, is WAY too linear and the presentation is pretty lame.

And Sonic ISN'T linear? Jeez, you're talking about a Mario game that's almost 20 years old. Both series have advanced since then - most would agree that Sonic's venture into next-generation gaming has been pretty awful, while Mario is in leaps and bounds.

Certainly not even close to being as linear, unlike Mario World there is more than one way to finish each act. There's alot to be said for the much, much larger environment too.
Stratman

Postby Lil » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:10 pm

the mario brothers are awesome!! i love super mario world, mario kart, and mario all-stars. i have the old-school super nintendo system, so i'm not familiar with any modern stuff (except guitar hero, which is also awesome). :D
Lil

Postby Paddy » Thu May 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Mario and Luigi! I love their voices!
"There are a number of things in this muffin I don't care for. Away wrinkly thing!"
Paddy

Postby Lil » Fri May 02, 2008 4:17 am

my friend used to have nightmares that mario and luigi were trying to kidnap her! LOL!! :lol:
Lil

Postby Paddy » Sat May 03, 2008 10:07 am

LaughingIsLife wrote:my friend used to have nightmares that mario and luigi were trying to kidnap her! LOL!! :lol:

She must of played Mario games quite a lot!
"There are a number of things in this muffin I don't care for. Away wrinkly thing!"
Paddy

Postby Lil » Sun May 04, 2008 4:16 am

yeah she kinda did. we had an obsession :D

Paddy wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:my friend used to have nightmares that mario and luigi were trying to kidnap her! LOL!! :lol:

She must of played Mario games quite a lot!
Lil

Postby Paddy » Sun May 04, 2008 11:56 am

How many games had she got?

Did she play sonic games?
Paddy

Postby Lil » Mon May 05, 2008 3:36 am

Wow, I'm trying to remember. Well, she had the main Super Mario Brothers, Mario World, and Mario Kart. I know she had more than that, but I can't recall.
I'm really not sure if she played Sonic games. As she got older, she became attached to Playstation.

Paddy wrote:How many games had she got?

Did she play sonic games?
Lil

Postby Paddy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:16 am

I've never known anyone who was that addicted to Mario!
Paddy

Postby Lil » Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 am

I still play it occasionally, but I'm hooked on Guitar Hero now.

Paddy wrote:I've never known anyone who was that addicted to Mario!
Lil

Postby Paddy » Tue May 06, 2008 7:00 pm

LaughingIsLife wrote:I still play it occasionally, but I'm hooked on Guitar Hero now.

Have you got guitar hero 3?
Paddy

Postby Lil » Wed May 07, 2008 5:00 am

yes!!!! i actually have all three. what's your favorite song to play? mine is "mississippi queen" by mountain. that has to be the greatest video game ever.

Paddy wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:I still play it occasionally, but I'm hooked on Guitar Hero now.

Have you got guitar hero 3?
Lil

Postby woggle » Wed May 07, 2008 12:27 pm

What a topic now it has to be Mario nothing beat's a four person rampage with ya buddies on Mario Kart i love that game , and i liked some of the first Mario platform type game's the name escapes me as it's a long time ago that ive played it .
woggle

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes