Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Are you scared of them?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Are you scared?

I am scared of my girlfriend/I am scared of my boyfriend
17%
I am not scared of my girlfriend/I am not scared of my boyfriend
83%
My girlfriend is scared of me/My boyfriend is scared of me
No votes

Total votes : 6

Are you scared of them?

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:11 pm

After hearing several men say they are scared of their wives, I wondered how many people here are scared of their respective boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands.

So - can your partners make you quake in your boots?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:18 am

"Not scared."

When you see that on TV, the man is usually joking. It's made fun of for comedy to the viewer. He may have a dominating wife who keeps a close eye on him, but he probably isn't actually scared. If you have a husband/wife who physically tries to harm you, then that may be cause to be afraid of them. But what you see on TV is mainly for giggles for the audience.

At least, that's my take on it. I can only speak for myself.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:24 am

Nervosa wrote:When you see that on TV, the man is usually joking.

It's not TV I'm talking about; it's real people saying that. I know they are joking really, but I sometimes wonder if there's a tiny bit of truth to it - are they wary of getting into trouble with their partners?
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:34 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Nervosa wrote:When you see that on TV, the man is usually joking.

It's not TV I'm talking about; it's real people saying that. I know they are joking really, but I sometimes wonder if there's a tiny bit of truth to it - are they wary of getting into trouble with their partners?

Ah right. Well I'd kid around about "the old ball and chain won't let me out for a drink tonight lads, better do what she says or I'll be in for it" - but there's really no truth in it. Worst that would happen is that she'd huff with me, which hardly warrents me to be 'scared'.

But I can only speak for myself here. There's probably a lot of people who are scared of their partners, but I think they'd be the ones who would be LEAST likely to talk about it/joke about it.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:50 pm

Not scared.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes