Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

HOF- Father Ted- Season 3- Best episode?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Which is your favourite Father Ted Episode in the third series?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:20 pm

1: Are You Right There, Father Ted?
33%
2: Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep
33%
3: Speed 3
No votes
4: The Mainland
No votes
5: Escape From Victory
No votes
6: Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse
17%
7: Night Of The Nearly Dead
No votes
8: Going To America
17%

Total votes : 6

HOF- Father Ted- Season 3- Best episode?

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Hi!
Here is the last installment.

Which is your favourite Father Ted Episode in the third series?

Happy voting

For those of you who need a little reminding here's what wikipedia makes of the mini-synopsises (synopsi? )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fa ... d_episodes
-----------
THANKS!
Don't forget the Hall of fame GRAND FINAL on Monday 15th of January
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:22 pm

Its got to be "Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the arse!". Infact, I predict this one will win.

Its so funny how the bishop can't believe it, until he sees the blown up picture!

:lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:34 pm

Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep.

In particular the "...fuckin' 'ell!" from the crowd toward the end.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:09 pm

Yeah, I did like that one too.

I loved it when they were scaring the sheep "oooooooooh"! "ooooooh!"

It was funny when they put the sheep through the routine too.

I also loved it when Ted "Takes a breath of air-" as there is a "stench" in the room where the sheep one. - A conspiracy. Only to find out that he lost all his betting money (the heating allowance) on the sheep that was disqualified as a result of his actions.

Good choice :lol:
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:27 pm

"Are You Right There, Father Ted?" Loved the Hitler bit.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:49 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:"Are You Right There, Father Ted?" Loved the Hitler bit.

I also liked that episode, especially the bit where Ted does the Craggy Island deversity celebration slideshow, and he says:

"Chairman Mao. Leader of the Chinese Communist party, and in my view, the best!"
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:55 pm

Only just noticed these polls - tough question.

I love all of them, particularly 'Speed 3' and 'The Mainland', but I'm going to go for 'Going to America', the final episode. Dermot Morgan completed this episode the day before he died - and he gives what is possibly his finest performance in the role.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Frasier » Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:57 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Only just noticed these polls - tough question.

I love all of them, particularly 'Speed 3' and 'The Mainland', but I'm going to go for 'Going to America', the final episode. Dermot Morgan completed this episode the day before he died - and he gives what is possibly his finest performance in the role.

The day before he died! I never knew that!
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:03 pm

Yep, they finished filming the series on Friday 27th February 1998, and Dermot died of a heart attack whilst giving a dinner party the next evening, really sad.

Co-writer Graham Linehan said he had to go in and edit the episode the day after Dermot died, and found it really difficult to do.

Channel 4 also postponed the screening of the first episode ('Are you right there, Father Ted') as a mark of respect.

Even if Dermot hadn't of died though, 'Going to America' would still have been the final episode according to the writers.
Cake for Brains

Postby Wezzo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:14 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:Yep, they finished filming the series on Friday 27th February 1998, and Dermot died of a heart attack whilst giving a dinner party the next evening, really sad.

Co-writer Graham Linehan said he had to go in and edit the episode the day after Dermot died, and found it really difficult to do.

Channel 4 also postponed the screening of the first episode ('Are you right there, Father Ted') as a mark of respect.

Even if Dermot hadn't of died though, 'Going to America' would still have been the final episode according to the writers.

They were originally planning to have a scene with Ted on a windowledge about to commit suicide as a joke, though, weren't they? And they did the clips montage instead..
Wezzo

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 pm

There were indeed - but the writers decided not to use the alternate ending because they thought it was inappropriate considering Morgan's death. They also said it wasn't funny and ended on the show on a joke that didn't work, and didn't really suit the show very well.
Cake for Brains

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:29 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:There were indeed - but the writers decided not to use the alternate ending because they thought it was inappropriate considering Morgan's death. They also said it wasn't funny and ended on the show on a joke that didn't work, and didn't really suit the show very well.

I prefered the way it ended. Its good that they didn't kill off Father Ted.
It was very sad, when the actor died. He was a great comedic actor.
Frasier

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes