Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Reality tv

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

What do you think of Reality TV?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:27 am

Excellent
14%
vacuous
86%

Total votes : 7

Reality tv

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:27 am

I was wondering what people thought about reality tv. On paramount tv, when advertising Frasier there is a voice over that says "Had enough of this vacuous reality tv".

What do you think?
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:29 am

Personally, I can't see the point. It is not enjoyable yet it is an opiate for so many people. It is Vacuous, shallow, lame-brained- and all of the synonyms that go with it.

I am of course reffering to things like Big Brother and Celebrity get me out of here, where more people take part there, than in the fundamental political process.
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:32 am

Not a fan of the typical reality shows like Big Brother. But I suppose there are exceptions.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby me123 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:41 am

I can't see the fun in watching 10 so called celebrities sitting in a jungle for 3 weeks talking. Or, even worse, 10 complete idiots in a house talking.

The sad thing is that the people who make it want them to have sex...
me123

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:01 am

me123 wrote:The sad thing is that the people who make it want them to have sex...

So do the poeple who watch it...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:04 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
me123 wrote:The sad thing is that the people who make it want them to have sex...

So do the poeple who watch it...

My Dad says "the only thing worse than these programmes are the people who watch them" - which he didn't hear Niles saying in an episode! He was quite upfronted when I played him the ep.
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 am

I don't tend to watch them myself, but they obviously bring enjoyment to a lot of people, and I think that's a good thing.

I don't think anything can ever be called "rubbish" or even "bad" - because I think that anything that brings enjoyment to even one solitary person is doing something right. It's making someone happy, and so I admire that.

While I don't watch them myself, I don't think there's anything wrong with them.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I don't tend to watch them myself, but they obviously bring enjoyment to a lot of people, and I think that's a good thing.

I don't think anything can ever be called "rubbish" or even "bad" - because I think that anything that brings enjoyment to even one solitary person is doing something right. It's making someone happy, and so I admire that.

While I don't watch them myself, I don't think there's anything wrong with them.

In January, I recommend you watch Big Brother- It'll be intersting to see what you make of it :D

It does bring enjoyment to loads of people, I don't think it makes them happy though. I think it just encourages youth peer pressure which is bad. - Such as- having sex at a young age etc. You'll find generally that the people are mental crew ups and some people think they are role models!

The worst thing, are those multiple discussion shows they have about the show afterwards. Good, God, it is awful.

There is a consensus here about reality tv then. Cool 8-)
Frasier

Postby Amber » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:12 pm

Boring. That's all I can say.
Huge Frasier/Beatles fan ^_^

Martin: Daphne, I just thought of something funny - it took 3 Cranes to lift you!
Hungry Heart - After Daphne is helped up by Niles, Frasier and Martin.
Amber

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes