Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Indiana Jones trilogy

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Favourite Indiana Jones film

Raiders of the Lost Ark
50%
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
17%
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
33%

Total votes : 6

The Indiana Jones trilogy

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:13 am

Which of the trilogy is your favourite? I think Raiders of the Lost Ark, while brilliant, is a little overrated - unlike the criminally underrated Temple of Doom, which I LOVE. I don't get the hate for that, it's definitely a worthy sequel. However, I choose The Last Crusade as my favourite, it mixes what made the first two so great and adds a little humor to it as well. Crusade also contains some wonderful action scenes and Sean Connery was a brilliant choice to play Indy's father.
Paul B

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:47 am

Raiders for me - I was blown away by that film in the 80's. I'm afraid I'm one of the people who 'criminally underrate' Temple Paul, although I don't hate it like some fans do.

Crusade would be a very close 2nd to Raiders for me - I saw it at the flicks 3 times on release! I think you summed up the film perfectly there.

Btw - what do you make of the 4th film planned for release in 2008?

Part of me is really excited about another Indy film, another part has serious reservations about it...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:21 am

I'm not entirely sure about the upcoming 3rd sequel, while I think that it should have been left at Last Crusade, I really want to see more of Indiana Jones' adventures. Unfortunately there are many issues that could ruin the film, for one thing Harrison Ford is getting on a bit. Also I'm not exactly anticipating the script as George Lucas rejected what Steven Spielberg praised as "the best script yet". Hopefully Lucas will come to his senses and let someone else write the script (just listen to the dialogue in the Star Wars prequels).
Paul B

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:57 am

Raiders here, but I haven't actually seen The Last Crusade, sadly.
Wezzo

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:07 am

I haven't seen any. :oops:
Stratman

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:17 am

Shame on you!!! You must see one of the best trilogies trilogies of all time Strat, you must! And Wezzo, I order you to watch Last Crusade. Shame on both of you. :)
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:43 am

There are a heck of a lot of movies I have to see.
Stratman

Postby Frasier » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:51 am

Temple of Doom! I remember watching that as a kid. I found it particularly funny when they ate "chilled monkey brains" or the eyes in the soup! - Not when I was a kid though, then I found it rather scary!
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Paul B wrote:Shame on you!!! You must see one of the best trilogies trilogies of all time Strat, you must! And Wezzo, I order you to watch Last Crusade. Shame on both of you. :)

I know, it's terrible! I must get my movie hat on at some point next year and catch up on all the films I've missed out on thus far.
Wezzo

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes