Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is David Cameron going to win the next election?

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes : 9

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:14 pm

There is much debate as to the predicted eventuality of the next general election. Some say Mr Cameron is too bent on PR. Some say his lack of policies are an indication of his infancy in politics. Some say that he is the greatest Tory leader since Maggie Thatcher. Whilst others claim that it is a matter of complete difference to them.

What do you think? yes OR no?
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:17 pm

As a Labourite, maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think he will. The polls don't indicate sufficient leads for the Cons to win outright, and I think people will begin to tire of his policy-lite politics before 2009/10, if they haven't already.

A hung Parliament? Now that's moe likely..
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't think a hung parliament is more likely for 2 reasons.

1: Iraq
2: Leadership of the Labour party

I personally do not have a party affilation at the moment, nevertheless I do think that Cameron will win the next election.
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:41 pm

I don't know...

I do know who I think should win the election, though - me.

Does anyone else feel sorry for the Liberal Democrats? They've never been in charge of the country, and it doesn't look like they will be any time soon. Most people feel that the biggest threat to Labour is the Conservatives, and the biggest threat to the Conservatives is Labour. The Lib Dems seem to be this third party that is plodding along.

I feel sorry for them. And Sir Menzies looks like a nice enough guy.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:47 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I don't know...

I do know who I think should win the election, though - me.

Does anyone else feel sorry for the Liberal Democrats? They've never been in charge of the country, and it doesn't look like they will be any time soon. Most people feel that the biggest threat to Labour is the Conservatives, and the biggest threat to the Conservatives is Labour. The Lib Dems seem to be this third party that is plodding along.

I feel sorry for them. And Sir Menzies looks like a nice enough guy.

They were in Government as the Liberals.

I actually interviewed Campbell earlier this year, for my school. He's a nice guy, but I doubt he'll take the LDs anywhere spectacular.

Frasier: The Cons were pro-Iraq; anti-Iraq voters should go to the LDs, not the Cons. And I think a hung parliament is more likely as statistically, the Cons need a 10% lead in the polls to gain an outright majority, according to the boffins at Electoral Calculus, Political Betting, etc.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:55 pm

I think the Monster Raving Loony Party is pretty cool. And Screaming Lord Sutch seems to have been fun! (I should start a thread about him sometime.)

In 2005, their manifesto included, among others:

* Refusing to sign up to the euro, but inviting the rest of Europe to join the pound.

* Drivers can go straight over a roundabout when there's no traffic coming "to make driving through Milton Keynes more fun".

* All motorways to become massive cycle tracks instead

* All speed cameras will be abolished and replaced by a new device fitted to cars which will automatically slow down to the speed limit when driven though an infra-red beam.

* The introduction of a 99p coin to "save on change".

These guys are cool!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:28 pm

Yep.

I'm impressed you met Ming Campbell Wezzo! I bet he's great in one-on-one situations (it's just at PMQ's that he tends to wilt a little!), what did you think of him?
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:29 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I think the Monster Raving Loony Party is pretty cool.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? :wink:

I like their policy of cancelling Mondays. Sensible policies for a happier Britain! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:30 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Yep.

I'm impressed you met Ming Campbell Wezzo! I bet he's great in one-on-one situations (it's just at PMQ's that he tends to wilt a little!), what did you think of him?

Yeah, it's easy to criticise him in the HoC, but he's a knowledgable and friendly guy in reality. Aside from going off the question on occasion - unsurprisingly, he's a politician isn't he! :D - it was a good Q and A session, he was pretty interesting. I have a transcript of it on my PC, might put it online sometime.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Yep.

Yeah, it's easy to criticise him in the HoC, but he's a knowledgable and friendly guy in reality. Aside from going off the question on occasion - unsurprisingly, he's a politician isn't he! :D - it was a good Q and A session, he was pretty interesting. I have a transcript of it on my PC, might put it online sometime.

Do! That would be an interesting read if you find time to post it.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 pm

Here you go: http://www.box.net/public/9a7oyhxok0

Before you all break into criticism (:D), please note it was a simple Q and A, written up for the school paper - not a Paxman-esque interrogation! There's a balance of personal and political stuff there, but nothing seriously questioning him. In retrospect I would've liked to push him further on a few points, but at the time it wasn't a conceivable option.

Also, it was done just after the 5th May Local Elections, where the LDs only had a net gain of 1.

Daniel is a friend who did it with me.

I didn't use notes, so some of my questions aren't terribly articulate.
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:17 pm

:lol:
Maybe you should have asked him the question that Jim Hacker (In yes minister was asked)

"What can you look back on, that has made life better for people, and say I did that?"

They're good questions. I thought it was a bit risque form Ming to say "easiest questions till last" though.
Frasier

Postby me123 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:33 am

I certainly hope so - Labour are getting more pathetic by the minute. However, I have to agrre on their nuclear rearmament policy - they do only act as a detterrent. Despite this, I support Multilateral disarmament.
me123

Postby DHP » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:34 am

I think Cameron will win. Personally I don't think people want Gordon Brown as Prime Minister, and most people probably feel it's time for a change. I'd vote for Labour if John Reid became head of the party though. I like him above any of the other politicians at the moment for his tough, no-nonsense approach. Everyone else seems to be about compromise too much. Maybe he is too, but not to the same evident extent as others.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:38 am

DHP wrote:I think Cameron will win. Personally I don't think people want Gordon Brown as Prime Minister, and most people probably feel it's time for a change. I'd vote for Labour if John Reid became head of the party though. I like him above any of the other politicians at the moment for his tough, no-nonsense approach. Everyone else seems to be about compromise too much. Maybe he is too, but not to the same evident extent as others.

I think JR is the most appealing Labour politician too but apparently he has no party base so experts are ruling out his ascension.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Frasier » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:44 pm

What does everyone think about "Web-Cameron"? :lol:
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:30 pm

Frasier wrote:What does everyone think about "Web-Cameron"? :lol:

Again, I'm biased; but I think it's utterly pathetic!
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:35 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Frasier wrote:What does everyone think about "Web-Cameron"? :lol:

Again, I'm biased; but I think it's utterly pathetic!

:lol: Well regardless of my neutrality, I too think its pathetic!
Frasier

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:07 pm

Wezzo wrote:Here you go: http://www.box.net/public/9a7oyhxok0

Before you all break into criticism (:D), please note it was a simple Q and A, written up for the school paper - not a Paxman-esque interrogation! There's a balance of personal and political stuff there, but nothing seriously questioning him. In retrospect I would've liked to push him further on a few points, but at the time it wasn't a conceivable option.

Also, it was done just after the 5th May Local Elections, where the LDs only had a net gain of 1.

Daniel is a friend who did it with me.

I didn't use notes, so some of my questions aren't terribly articulate.

That was a very good interview Wezzo, I've only just got around to reading it. I like how he played the straightest of bats to the question of who the Lib Dems would support in a hung parliament but you pressed him on it after all that party-line waffle.

Great stuff! [:]DRINK[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Wezzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
That was a very good interview Wezzo, I've only just got around to reading it. I like how he played the straightest of bats to the question of who the Lib Dems would support in a hung parliament but you pressed him on it after all that party-line waffle.

Cheers BN!
Wezzo

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 pm

Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Cheers BN!

Upon perusal of the interview, it was a nice interview. I liked you questions and I got a good laugh from Ming's responses :lol:
Frasier

Postby Wezzo » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:53 pm

Frasier wrote:
Wezzo wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

Cheers BN!

Upon perusal of the interview, it was a nice interview. I liked you questions and I got a good laugh from Ming's responses :lol:

Yeah, amusing, weren't they! :D
Wezzo

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes