Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Narnia Book

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Favourite Narnia Book?

The Magician's Nephew
22%
The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
67%
The Horse and His Boy
No votes
Prince Caspian
No votes
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
11%
The Silver Chair
No votes
The Last Battle
No votes

Total votes : 9

Favourite Narnia Book

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:14 pm

I voted for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Leanne » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:19 pm

Oh, too hard. The last two or three chapters of The Last Battle are my favourite in the whole series, but they would have been meaningless without what went before. Plus the storyline in that one isn't as strong as the others... I'll go for the predictable TLTWATW because it's the first one I read and the one the whole series was inspired by.
Leanne

Postby Frasier » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:30 pm

I have great respect for CS Lewis, his rise to theism and wisdom that he accumulated in that time was a great contribution to western philosophy.

I also loved The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe.
THEY made a good film version too. :) [/i]
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:21 am

Frasier wrote:THEY made a good film version too. :)

I hope to be receiving it for Christmas. I meant to see it when it was released in the cinemas, but I didn't get around to going, so I have yet to see the movie.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:10 am

It is abit kiddy, nevertheless, I think they did an excellent job with the scenery. -THE BEAVERS ARE REALLY GOOD! :lol:
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:11 am

They also did a great job with the film as a whole
Frasier

Postby Cake for Brains » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:30 am

This is really difficult - I'm torn between TLTWATW, The Magician's Nephew and The Silver Chair. In the end, I voted for The Magician's Nephew, its a great first book, with some really interesting and magical images (the polls between the worlds for example). I love them all dearly though.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby roz11 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:08 pm

The Magician's Nephew was my favourite although I read them so long ago I'd probably think completely differently now!
roz11

Postby Frasier » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:46 pm

roz11 wrote:The Magician's Nephew was my favourite although I read them so long ago I'd probably think completely differently now!

Have you seen the film?
Frasier

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes