Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

BGF is the best person who has ever existed

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

BGF: Best person who ever existed

Yes
55%
No.
45%

Total votes : 11

BGF is the best person who has ever existed

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:01 pm

I voted Yes.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:07 pm

BGF, is this just a bit of fun or are you really trying to find out how popular you are?

I haven't voted (yet!) btw, just in case you were wondering who voted 'no'.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I propose a filibuster. :wink:
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Stratman wrote:I propose a filibuster. :wink:

We'll see how it goes. I've already locked one thread today, and I've also stated I'm not a Nazi Mod on another! I'm in a precarious position...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:22 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:BGF, is this just a bit of fun or are you really trying to find out how popular you are?

It's a bit of fun. I was in a silly mood. Although it would be nice to know who has the NERVE to vote "No"...

I'm expecting most people to vote "No", anyway. :)

What's a filibuster? It's an interesting word.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:24 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:BGF, is this just a bit of fun or are you really trying to find out how popular you are?

It's a bit of fun. I was in a silly mood.

I'm expecting most people to vote "No", anyway. :)

What's a filibuster? It's an interesting word.

It's a term used in US politics, usually a motion proposing a halt be placed on proceedings.

Do you remember that thread you started asking who likes who about a year ago that Shory had to close? This is along the same lines, really.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:26 pm

Yes, I remember that one. Although, it wasn't actually asking which people here like which people - it was exactly what people like about everyone here. Basically, it was a thread for people to say nice things about each other. To be honest, I didn't really see a reason why it should have been closed. It's nice when people say nice things about each other.

Oh, and I like the word "nice." I've heard some people say it's a bad word and they don't like it. Well. I do.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:30 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Yes, I remember that one. Although, it wasn't actually asking which people here like which people - it was exactly what people like about everyone here. Basically, it was a thread for people to say nice things about each other. To be honest, I didn't really see a reason why it should have been closed. It's nice when people say nice things about each other.

Oh, and I like the word "nice." I've heard some people say it's a bad word and they don't like it. Well. I do.

It's because not everyone will enter into the same spirit.

But hey, I don't want to put a downer on this. As you say, it's just a bit of silly fun so what the hell.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:36 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:It's because not everyone will enter into the same spirit.

But surely they would? I can't believe anyone here would say anything rude about anyone else, unless it was done in a joking way.

By the way, "Filibuster" is incredible similar to "Feather Duster", isn't it? In a way. It's also a great name for a character. Dr Filibuster. In fact, they could be a duo. Dr Filibuster and Dr Feather Duster. What do you think? Am I on to something?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:38 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:

We'll see how it goes. I've already locked one thread today, and I've also stated I'm not a Nazi Mod on another! I'm in a precarious position...

You're a Godly Mod BN :D We love you for it!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Am I on to something?

Yes, you are. That is, if you remove 'to' from your statement.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:39 pm

Oh my goodness, I just realised that BN has gone past 4000 posts! Yet another landmark.

Well done, BN. :)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:40 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:

You're a Godly Mod BN :D We love you for it!

Godly Mod! :lol:

If I ever change my screen name...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:43 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Yes, you are. That is, if you remove 'to' from your statement.

See, people. I'm picked on wherever I go. It's always the sensitive, intelligent geniuses who do nothing to deserve it. I'm sure you're all feeling much sympathy towards me. Well...such is life...

Now, BN, who's the one who posts with all the rapidity of someone who has swallowed a handful of amphetamines?

I post loads myself at times, but BN, I believe you once made 100 posts in one day! A feat I have never accomplished!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:49 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:It's a bit of fun. I was in a silly mood. Although it would be nice to know who has the NERVE to vote "No"...

If you open a strange pole like this, you're leaving yourself open for someone to vote 'no'.

(I haven't voted an I'm not going to.)
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:51 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Yes, you are. That is, if you remove 'to' from your statement.

See, people. I'm picked on wherever I go. It's always the sensitive, intelligent geniuses who do nothing to deserve it. I'm sure you're all feeling much sympathy towards me. Well...such is life...

I post loads myself at times, but BN, I believe you once made 100 posts in one day! A feat I have never accomplished!

Hehe, is that true? There's a direct correlation between the amount of posts I make and how busy I am at work. As you can probably tell - today's a bit of a feet-up job! :lol:

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Now, BN, who's the one who posts with all the rapidity of someone who has swallowed a handful of amphetamines?

Maybe that's because I HAVE swallowed a handful of amphetamines...
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Sideshow Meg » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:21 pm

I knew it!
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:55 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Maybe that's because I HAVE swallowed a handful of amphetamines...

I always thought you were up to nefarious things...

I hear amphetamines aren't supposed to be too good for people, though. My Dad says they really increase you heat-rate, and supposedly, after taking them, you feel extremely hungry (since they kill your appetite.)

Robin Gibb used to take them quite a lot in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The Bee Gees were never into hard drugs, but they took some of the milder ones. Maurice joked once that they were "Potty, Pilly and Pissy" - Barry smoked marijuana, Robin took amphetamines, and Maurice used to drink a lot (until he stopped drinking in about 1991.)

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:57 am

Nervosa wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:It's a bit of fun. I was in a silly mood. Although it would be nice to know who has the NERVE to vote "No"...

If you open a strange pole like this, you're leaving yourself open for someone to vote 'no'.

(I haven't voted an I'm not going to.)

I won't ve voting either.
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Oh good, three people have voted Yes!

And why won't those who have said they're not voting be voting? It's just a stupid, silly thread. Don't you want to lend a few seconds to a stupid, silly pursuit?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:46 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:And why won't those who have said they're not voting be voting? It's just a stupid, silly thread. Don't you want to lend a few seconds to a stupid, silly pursuit?

I'm all for a bit of fun, but I think this is attention seaking nonsense (sorry to be blunt, but you did ask).
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:47 pm

It's not attention seeking. It's supposed to be silly. Like Roald Dahl's books, which are very good.

It's nonsense, of course, but since when was nonsense a bad thing? Wasn't it Roald Dahl himself who said, "A little nonsense is appreciated by the wisest men?"

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:52 pm

Nervosa wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:And why won't those who have said they're not voting be voting? It's just a stupid, silly thread. Don't you want to lend a few seconds to a stupid, silly pursuit?

I'm all for a bit of fun, but I think this is attention seaking nonsense (sorry to be blunt, but you did ask).

I have to agree.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:It's not attention seeking. It's supposed to be silly. Like Roald Dahl's books, which are very good.

It's nonsense, of course, but since when was nonsense a bad thing? Wasn't it Roald Dahl himself who said, "A little nonsense is appreciated by the wisest men?"

Roald Dahl's books are very good. I fail to see the connection with them and this thread though.
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:54 pm

But you said it was silly fun yesterday, BN. (Or were you just trying not to hurt my feelings?)

I still stand by that I don't mean it to be attention seeking.

I agree that it's nonsense, but I also say that nonsense can be excellence. I mean, people here like Roald Dahl, don't they? There was a lot of excellent nonsense in his books.

Bee Gees Fan

Next

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes