Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Best Simpsons Episode - Season 6, Part 1

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Bart of Darkness
No votes
Lisa's Rival
No votes
Another Simpsons Clip Show
No votes
Itchy & Scratchy Land
No votes
Sideshow Bob Roberts
22%
Treehouse of Horror V
11%
Bart's Girlfriend
No votes
Lisa on Ice
11%
Homer Badman
22%
Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
No votes
Fear of Flying
No votes
Homer the Great
11%
And Maggie Makes Three
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:04 am

Amazing season, the first half of which contains two episodes from my top 5 - Sideshow Bob Roberts and Treehouse of Horror V. I'll go with the former.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:16 pm

I'm torn between Lisa's Rivals and Lisa on Ince - two tremendous episodes (although I love every single episode in this season). I think I'll go for the latter though, I particularly love how Homer switches between Bart and Lisa!

Marge: Repeat, you are not in competition. We love you both.
Homer: Hey, Apu just called - Friday night Bart's team is playing Lisa's team. You're in direct competition! And I don't want you going easy on each other just because you're brother and sister. I want you fighting for your parents love! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I think the quote goes something like that.
"I don't want to go." - The Tenth Doctor
Cake for Brains

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:32 pm

'And Maggie Makes Three', reinforcing my love of episodes that take a warm and charming story for their core.

'Lisa On Ice' is similar - I love that moment near the end where Bart and Lisa remember how much they've meant to each other over the years and call a truce.
Bad Ambassador

Postby Stratman » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:41 pm

Homer Badman for me. Satire at its very best, IMHO.

Loved Lisa On Ice, too. Don't some fans feel that episode was the genesis of ''jerkass Homer?''
Stratman

Postby Wezzo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:26 pm

And Maggie Makes Three for me. Lovely ending.
Wezzo

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:40 pm

Cake for Brains wrote:(although I love every single episode in this season).

Even the dreadful Another Simpsons Clip Show? Such a horrific episode, definitely the worst of the classic era.
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:54 pm

I don't really count the clip shows - but I didn't mind that one to be honest. The clips they showed from previous episodes were funny and well-chosen - I could quite happily watch it.

Incidentially, why do TV programme's do clip-shows? What's the point of them?
Cake for Brains

Postby Paul B » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:03 pm

Because it gets too tiring for the crew to make so many episodes in one year (season 6 had 25 episodes, keep in mind). We should be thankful, though - I believe the staff originally requested 4 clip shows per year!
Paul B

Postby Cake for Brains » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Because it gets too tiring for the crew to make so many episodes in one year (season 6 had 25 episodes, keep in mind). We should be thankful, though - I believe the staff originally requested 4 clip shows per year!

Four clips show per year! Not even 'The Simpsons' has enough material to pull that off! I don't see why they couldn't have just done 24 episodes that year and scrapped the clip show - they only do about 22 these days I think. But then again, I don't know much about the production of television!
Cake for Brains

Postby Stratman » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:29 am

Cake for Brains wrote:

Four clips show per year! Not even 'The Simpsons' has enough material to pull that off! I don't see why they couldn't have just done 24 episodes that year and scrapped the clip show - they only do about 22 these days I think. But then again, I don't know much about the production of television!

The quality would have suffered. 1 clip show per year is more than worth it.
Stratman

Postby DHP » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:35 am

Treehouse of Horror V for me. Really funny, just for the classic take on The Shining. However, I now regret my choice, as my all-time favourite episode has to be And Maggie Makes Three. Loveliest ending ever. Didn't think I could be so moved by The Simpsons until I saw that. I hadn't before, and I doubt I will be again. Classic stuff.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby roz11 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:28 pm

Homer the Great has always been one of my personal favourites so I voted for that.
roz11

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:53 pm

So many great eps here, but I went for Homer Badman for it's wonderful satire of sensationalist tabloid TV.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:So many great eps here, but I went for Homer Badman for it's wonderful satire of sensationalist tabloid TV.

We're agreeing again! :lol:
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 pm

Stratman wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:So many great eps here, but I went for Homer Badman for it's wonderful satire of sensationalist tabloid TV.

We're agreeing again! :lol:

Yep, I wrote that before reading your post too!

I think we've voted for the same ep in quite a few of these polls...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes