Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Best Simpsons Episode - Season 4, Part 2

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Marge vs. the Monorail
11%
Selma's Choice
No votes
Brother from the Same Planet
No votes
I Love Lisa
11%
Duffless
No votes
Last Exit to Springfield
56%
So it's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show
No votes
The Front
No votes
Whacking Day
No votes
Marge in Chains
No votes
Krusty Gets Kancelled
22%

Total votes : 9

Postby Paul B » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:27 am

More brilliant episodes here but I'm going with Last Exit to Springfield, it's in my top five.
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:57 am

Last Exit for me too. I just watched it to make sure it was the right choice, and damn what an episode! It features 3 parodies that fit absolutely perfectly, the McBain one was especially good, one of the best, actually. And the quotes...

Dental plan, Lisa Needs Braces... Dental plan, Lisa Needs Braces...

Where's My Burritto! Where's My Burritto!

And...

Burns: We don't have to be adversaries, Homer.
We both want a fair union contract.

Homer: [thinking] Why is Mr. Burns being so nice to me?

Burns: And if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Homer: [thinking] Wait a minute. Is he coming onto me?

Burns: I mean, if I should slip something into your pocket, what's the harm?

Homer: [thinking] My God! He <is> coming onto me!

Burns: After all, negotiations make strange bedfellows.
[chuckle] [wink]

Homer: [thinking] Aaaaaagh! [aloud] Sorry, Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans. Sure, I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no!

Also...

Burns: Now Homer, I know what you're thinking.
I want to take the pressure off.
Now, it doesn't take a `whiz' to know that
you're looking out for `Number One'.
Well, listen to me, and you'll make a big splash very soon.
Stratman

Postby Wezzo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:16 am

Gotta be Last Exit for me too.
Wezzo

Postby DHP » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:40 pm

Krusty Gets Kancelled. Just brilliant in every way.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby roz11 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:03 pm

I Love Lisa is my favourite out of those.
roz11

Postby Paul B » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:31 am

DHP wrote:Krusty Gets Kancelled. Just brilliant in every way.

I've never really enjoyed that episode. Probably because it reminds me of how guest stars fill the recent seasons. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that Marge never speaks in it.
Paul B

Postby Stratman » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:47 am

Paul B wrote:

I've never really enjoyed that episode. Probably because it reminds me of how guest stars fill the recent seasons. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that Marge never speaks in it.

KKK would be my third choice.
Stratman

Postby DHP » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:52 am

Paul B wrote:

I wouldn't know as I don't have sky and therefore have no knowledge of the recent seasons so for me there's no negative comparison with recent unpleasant memories. I personally enjoyed the guest parts in this episode, and it felt more special as they'd never had so much guest talent on an episode before. I couldn't care less that Marge doesn't speak in this. Something that got The West Wing to be acknowledged as the greatest TV show ever by many critics was the fact that the writers were confident enough not to try and give every character 'a moment' in every episode.

Anyway, this is an opinion poll, and in my opinion this was the most enjoyable episode for me of the ones listed.
DHP

Postby Stratman » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:20 pm

DHP wrote:
Paul B wrote:

I wouldn't know as I don't have sky and therefore have no knowledge of the recent seasons so for me there's no negative comparison with recent unpleasant memories. I personally enjoyed the guest parts in this episode, and it felt more special as they'd never had so much guest talent on an episode before. I couldn't care less that Marge doesn't speak in this. Something that got The West Wing to be acknowledged as the greatest TV show ever by many critics was the fact that the writers were confident enough not to try and give every character 'a moment' in every episode.

I think most good shows do that these days.
Stratman

Postby Paul B » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:21 pm

I guess I prefer shows that uses each of its ensemble in an episode. It's understandable for big casts like The West Wing or ER, but not on The Simpsons - Marge is part of the title family.
Paul B

Postby DHP » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Paul B wrote:I guess I prefer shows that uses each of its ensemble in an episode. It's understandable for big casts like The West Wing or ER, but not on The Simpsons - Marge is part of the title family.

I guess it depends what you like as an individual really. For me, I like it when a show tries something new. Krusty Gets Kancelled was so fresh and different compared to the episodes that came before it that it just stays in my memory in a big way. Certainly when I think of season 4. I just realised though that my favourite episode is actually Whacking Day. Wish I'd put that instead now. But I'm happy to stand by my original choice though.
DHP

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:27 pm

'Last Exit' for me. Have long loved this episode, it's brilliant on every level. The dentist is one of the greatest one-off characters ever. Plus, it has that brilliant song "Come gather round children..." sung by Lisa.

Perfect!
Bad Ambassador

Postby Leanne » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:46 pm

This is the hardest one yet! Last Exit, Duffless, I Love Lisa, and Selma's Choice are all favourites of mine, but I went for Marge Vs The Monorail - this episode always feels 'large' in scope and that song stays in my head for days.
Leanne

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:46 pm

Yeah, Last Exit for me too.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes