Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite Sitcom Family

A forum for any Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum

Favourite Sitcom Family

The Simpsons (The Simpsons)
29%
The Trotters (Only Fools and Horses)
29%
The Harpers (My Family)
5%
The Conners (Roseanne)
10%
The Taylors (Home Improvement)
5%
The Garnetts (Till Death Us Do Part)
No votes
The Keatons (Family Ties)
5%
The Huxtables (The Cosby Show)
No votes
The Parkinsons (Butterflies)
No votes
The Winslows (Family Matters)
No votes
The Griffins (Family Guy)
5%
The Craddocks (All About Me)
No votes
The Cleavers (Leave it to Beaver)
No votes
The Taylors (The Andy Griffith Show)
No votes
The Royles (The Royle Family)
14%
The Waltons (The Waltons)
No votes
The Munsters (The Munsters)
No votes
The Seavers (Growing Pains)
No votes
The Bunkers (All in the Family)
No votes
The Tanners (Full House)
No votes

Total votes : 21

Favourite Sitcom Family

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:53 pm

A thread to vote for which TV family is your favourite.

My vote goes to the Keatons.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Wezzo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:04 am

I'm going to be boring and vote for The Simpsons.
Wezzo

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:27 pm

Who voted for the Taylors on Home Improvement?

Come on! Reveal yourself! :D
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Paul B » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:30 pm

I'll have to be boring like Wezzo and vote for the Simpsons.
Paul B

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:31 pm

Now, now, just because you're voting for The Simpsons doesn't mean your boring. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that you're more interesting than I am.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:28 pm

I'd say the funniest family are the Griffins, but the most lovable are the Trotters. For me anyway. Admittedly, there's a huge sense of nostalgia as I grew up watching the antics of the Trotters, and love watching their comedy mishaps as well as their more moving and dramatic moments.

And 24,100,000 viewers for a single episode (roughly half the country) beats anything by any other TV family. I'm sure even The Simpsons don't get 50% of America for any single viewing of a single episode.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby Paul B » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:58 pm

DHP wrote:And 24,100,000 viewers for a single episode (roughly half the country) beats anything by any other TV family. I'm sure even The Simpsons don't get 50% of America for any single viewing of a single episode.

You're right, I think the highest viewing figures The Simpsons has ever had was 20 million, for the "Bart Gets an F" episode sixteen years ago.
Paul B

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:10 pm

DHP wrote:And 24,100,000 viewers for a single episode (roughly half the country) beats anything by any other TV family. I'm sure even The Simpsons don't get 50% of America for any single viewing of a single episode.

That's a good point. But America is a such a huge country (I read the population is nearing 300 million) that I would imagine it would be very difficult to get half of the country to tune in for a single episode, if not even impossible.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:09 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:

That's a good point. But America is a such a huge country (I read the population is nearing 300 million) that I would imagine it would be very difficult to get half of the country to tune in for a single episode, if not even impossible.

Yeah, but considering that 8 million is considered to be high viewing figures in the UK (I believe 35,000,000 is currently the highest in America, held by 24), you can see what such a uniting show Only Fools and Horses was, appealling to absolutely everyone. The reason that no show in America has reached such a percentage of viewers is that there's never been an equivalent show in America i.e. a show of high quality that can be enjoyed in its fullness by everyone.
DHP

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:49 pm

DHP wrote:The reason that no show in America has reached such a percentage of viewers is that there's never been an equivalent show in America i.e. a show of high quality that can be enjoyed in its fullness by everyone.

I kind of disagree here. I think that there have been a number of high quality American shows that have the potential to be enjoyed in their fullness by everyone, or almost everyone - but it's just that not everyone has caught on.

That sounds like a poor argument, I know, but it makes sense to me. I've seen numerous exceptional American shows, and I believe the reason that they haven't drawn in such a huge number of viewers is simply because, for whatever reason, some people haven't "caught on" to it.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby DHP » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:57 pm

Possibly true BGF, but if we take the closest examples as the likes of Cheers or Friends in terms of high quality with large appeal, even they didn't have the multi-generational, multi-class, cross-gender appeal that Only Fools & Horses had.
DHP

Postby Nervosa » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:59 pm

DHP wrote:Possibly true BGF, but if we take the closest examples as the likes of Cheers or Friends in terms of high quality with large appeal, even they didn't have the multi-generational, multi-class, cross-gender appeal that Only Fools & Horses had.

Here here.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:05 am

DHP wrote:Possibly true BGF, but if we take the closest examples as the likes of Cheers or Friends in terms of high quality with large appeal, even they didn't have the multi-generational, multi-class, cross-gender appeal that Only Fools & Horses had.

I'd agree with that, but I don't think it makes them inferior shows.

I like to think of everything being on more or less the same level. Yes, shows have their weaknesses, and some shows are outstanding, but...I don't know, it's nicer to think of everything as being more or less the same. For me, anyway.

Besides, I don't like saying that I think things are better than other things, for fear of offending anybody. I don't think I'd ever say that a show I liked was better than a show somebody else liked, for fear of upsetting them.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:51 pm

I was boring too and voted for The Simpsons. If anyone comes in to this thread and says that Michelle has missed one family out- The Barones! I will truly SCREAM Loudly!! :D
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:13 pm

Actually, now you've reminded me, Ben. And I did really mean to include them. (I hope you're not screaming. :) ) I haven't seen much of Everybody Loves Raymond, but what I saw looked good. Sorry everyone, I really didn't mean to forget them.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:30 am

Only Fools... for me. It's a dead heat at the minute!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Leanne » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:06 pm

The Conners were looking lonely. :)
Leanne

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm glad the Conners got a vote. :)

KEATONS! (clap, clap, clap) KEATONS! (clap, clap, clap) KEATONS!

Come on Steven, Elyse, Alex, Mallory, Jennifer and Andy!

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:10 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I'm glad the Conners got a vote. :)

KEATONS! (clap, clap, clap) KEATONS! (clap, clap, clap) KEATONS!

Come on Steven, Elyse, Alex, Mallory, Jennifer and Andy!

It's a cheerleader group of one so far! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:23 am

I'll get Skippy to vote for them.

Maybe I could get Alex's "alter ego" Marty McFly to vote as well...

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:17 am

The Simpson family for me.
Stratman

Postby Frasier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:45 pm

Its got to be the Trotters! 8-)
Don't get me started on rationalistic pantheism or there go the whole three hours!
Frasier

Return to Off Topic Games / Polls / Quizzes