Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Is 'Frasier' your favourite sitcom?

Yes
84%
No
16%

Total votes : 105

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Stratman wrote:Actually, there was only one episode repeated eleven times. Most overrated comedy in history, IMO.

:lol: It' not my favourite sitcom, I have to admit. But I have to have a little affection for it, because according to Manuel, Basil Fawlty is from the same town as I am. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Stratman wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Yeah, but look at Fawlty Towers - considered a British classic and had only 12 episodes. I think that's why I am now bored of it though! :roll:

Actually, there was only one episode repeated eleven times. Most overrated comedy in history, IMO.

That's a very lazy way to look at it. That's like saying Laurel and Hardy or Harold Lloyd was the same episode repeated a hundred times - it misses the point entirely.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stratman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:27 pm

I was kidding really.
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:43 pm

Stratman wrote:I was kidding really.

Ah, i know you were probably winding everyone up :) But we haven't had a banter for a while - we've agreed on too much lately :wink:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stratman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:50 pm

All this TNG love is ruining the the fire. :D
Stratman

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Stratman wrote:All this TNG love is ruining the the fire. :D

:lol:

there must be a show to quibble over just around the corner.

Btw, how far have you managed to get through Now And Again?You can answer in the TV thread, if you want, to stop the hijacking of this thread :)

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Stratman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I'm only 3 episodes in. It's kicking ass, btw.
Stratman

Postby Bad Ambassador » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:21 pm

Stratman wrote:The show only had a shelf-life of 36 episodes!? :shock: Jeez, The Simpsons have at least twice that many stone cold classics...

Mmm - and if The Simpsons had stopped before it became abysmal, maybe its hit ratio would be even better than that!
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:23 pm

Bad Ambassador wrote:
Stratman wrote:The show only had a shelf-life of 36 episodes!? :shock: Jeez, The Simpsons have at least twice that many stone cold classics...

Mmm - and if The Simpsons had stopped before it became abysmal, maybe its hit ratio would be even better than that!

:D

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:24 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:You can answer in the TV thread, if you want, to stop the hijacking of this thread :)

Don't worry, I started the thread, and I was the first one to take it off-topic anyway! :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Stratman » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:16 am

Bad Ambassador wrote:

At least one quarter is gold standard, another quarter is excellent, another is re-watchable and the other quarter is shit by Simpsons standards, but still watchable, those are excellent odds, significantly better than a show that fizzles out after a mere 36 episodes.
Stratman

Postby Bad Ambassador » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:00 am

Stratman wrote:At least one quarter is gold standard, another quarter is excellent, another is re-watchable and the other quarter is shit by Simpsons standards, but still watchable, those are excellent odds, significantly better than a show that fizzles out after a mere 36 episodes.

Well, maybe, but if The Simpsons had stopped when it was good there wouldn't be that quarter of shit (which isn't even watchable as far as I'm concerned, it's throroughly dismal). Swings and roundabouts, really.
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Seek_Help_from_an_M.D. » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 am

I've done some flip flopping from Frasier to Cheers, but right here, right now it's Frasier.
Wow, between school and basketball, when am I...going to be able to watch Frasier!!! Oh, don't worry I'll make time.
Seek_Help_from_an_M.D.

Postby JT » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:It is my favorite sitcom although there are a few that come very close to it! With the zillions of sitcoms on the air over my lifetime though, that list is relatively short!

WKRP In Cincinnati
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Rhoda
The Bob Newhart Show
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Cheers
Sports Night
News Radio
M*A*S*H

Wow, you go way back to the 60's and 70's. I used to watch shows like those. Cheers is my favorite with Frasier second. but if i'm going to go back, I would pick I Love Lucy, the Munsters, Mash, etc.
What fresh hell is this?
JT

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:26 pm

JT wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:It is my favorite sitcom although there are a few that come very close to it! With the zillions of sitcoms on the air over my lifetime though, that list is relatively short!

WKRP In Cincinnati
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
Rhoda
The Bob Newhart Show
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Cheers
Sports Night
News Radio
M*A*S*H

Wow, you go way back to the 60's and 70's. I used to watch shows like those. Cheers is my favorite with Frasier second. but if i'm going to go back, I would pick I Love Lucy, the Munsters, Mash, etc.

The only show there that's from the 60's is The Dick Van Dyke Show. That one I grew to love in reruns. All the rest though, I watched in first run.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Stratman » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:20 pm

Sports Night isn't a sitcom though, it was rarely even smirk worthy, still one of the all-time greats, though.
Stratman

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Stratman wrote:Sports Night isn't a sitcom though, it was rarely even smirk worthy, still one of the all-time greats, though.

Sports Night had it's moments! It was billed as sitcom in any event. It was as funny as Sorkin can be!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:45 am

14-8 to Frasier so far. I know this is a Frasier forum, but that still warms the cockles of my heart!
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:51 am

Beer Necessity wrote:14-8 to Frasier so far. I know this is a Frasier forum, but that still warms the cockles of my heart!

I totally agree :wink:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:50 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:14-8 to Frasier so far. I know this is a Frasier forum, but that still warms the cockles of my heart!

I totally agree :wink:

Hey, you're making me paranoid. :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:33 am

Definitely!

It's the only show I own the seasons of
crystal_blue0610

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:27 am

crystal_blue0610 wrote:Definitely!

It's the only US show I own all the seasons of, I have quite a few British ones. Ooh wait, I do own every single season of Boston Legal released on DVD so far - all 2 of them. :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby crystal_blue0610 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:59 am

Beer Necessity wrote:
crystal_blue0610 wrote:Definitely!

It's the only US show I own all the seasons of, I have quite a few British ones. Ooh wait, I do own every single season of Boston Legal released on DVD so far - all 2 of them. :lol:

:lol: I'm getting more. Maybe my next box set will be I love Lucy
crystal_blue0610

Postby Daphne085 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Of course it is. I love Frasier. I watch it very often and it always cheers me up.
FRASIER is the best sitcom ever!!!
Daphne085

Postby White Rabbit » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Some of these shows truly need more airtime on British television. Among the ones I'm interested in/enjoyed watching, only Frasier is findable on a regular basis. Cheers and Seinfield used to be shown, but now I don't know where they've gone (does anyone?). Fortunately, I've got my favourite: Frasier.
White Rabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes