Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

My Posts

Announcements about changes to the site, plus support of all sections of the site, such as the forum and gallery, are located in this forum

My Posts

Postby roz11 » Fri May 12, 2006 9:35 pm

It occured to me the other day that my number of posts have decreased as it was 511 or 512 posts and is now 499. I have sent a pm to Stuart bu no response. I was wondering if anybody could help me find out why the number had gone down? It seems a bit odd to me.
roz11

Postby Stu » Fri May 12, 2006 9:44 pm

I've moved this thread to the Help and Support section

Apologies for not replying sooner, but having looked into this rather strange problem, I can definitely only see 499 posts in the database behind the forum(at time of writing).

The forum is not set to delete posts over a certain age, so I'm sorry but I cannot offer any kind of explanation of what you have reported happening.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Niles: Yes. Can I do that?
Frasier: No, you can't!
Stu
Site Admin

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 13, 2006 12:27 am

It's interesting that you've started this thread, Roz11, as a few days ago, I noticed that my number of posts seemed to have decreased as well (about a week ago, I looked at my post count and it read "1358" when I was certain that I had been somewhere around 1374/1375.) I too was puzzled as to what had happened.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stu » Sat May 13, 2006 8:25 am

So that's 2 users reporting the same thing.

I will take another look into this issue to see if there have been any webhost related issues recently, but I'm not promising that I will be able to get to the bottom of this problem

Regards

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Frasier: I suppose the situation you're in is that you'd like to stay with Maris but you'd like an affair with Daphne
Stu
Site Admin

Postby roz11 » Sat May 13, 2006 5:01 pm

Okay thanks Stu.
roz11

Postby Stu » Tue May 30, 2006 9:26 pm

Apologies for the length of time it has taken to respond.

I have spent sometime investigating all the possible causes for the post count drop.

I originally thought it may be pruning of articles past a certain date, but I could go right back to the first post from the old Phorum, and also found roz11's first post etc so it certainly wasn't that.

I then started to see whether there had been any major service outages at my webhost over the last two months which may have necessitated restoring the forum database, but no outages were reported by them on the server the forum sits.

At this point, I didn't really have many more ideas as I am unable to use my site backups as they are earlier than the timeframe I was looking at to see what might have happened, so I while deeply regret any loss of posts if indeed this is what happened, unfortunately I am unable to shed any more light on why this particular issue occurred.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Stu
Site Admin

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue May 30, 2006 11:42 pm

Stuart Lee wrote:At this point, I didn't really have many more ideas as I am unable to use my site backups as they are earlier than the timeframe I was looking at to see what might have happened, so I while deeply regret any loss of posts if indeed this is what happened, unfortunately I am unable to shed any more light on why this particular issue occurred.

Thanks for looking into it, Stu. :)

I could go right back to my first post too, and none of my most recent ones seemed to be missing, so I assumed that maybe it wasn't that any posts disappeared, just that the post number, for some reason, dropped.

It's not really an important issue, Roz11 and I were just puzzled as to why the post count had changed. But thanks again for looking into it. :)
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby roz11 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:46 am

Okay this has happened now three times. I don't want to make a big deal about it but I'm pretty sure somebody is logging on in my name. Twice now my user name has been at the bottom of the screen when I am not logged in and not on my home computer. I've changed my password so hopefully whatever is going on will now stop. Thanks for looking into it last time round Stu :)
roz11

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:45 pm

roz11 wrote:Okay this has happened now three times. I don't want to make a big deal about it but I'm pretty sure somebody is logging on in my name. Twice now my user name has been at the bottom of the screen when I am not logged in and not on my home computer. I've changed my password so hopefully whatever is going on will now stop. Thanks for looking into it last time round Stu :)

Since you've mentioned it, Roz, I may as well add that yesterday my post count went down too - I had about 2110 posts, and the next time I logged back on, I had 2106, even though I hadn't deleted any of them.

You're right in that it's nothing to make a big deal of, but I just wondered where they went. I don't think anyone can have been logging in on my name, though, unless anyone guessed my password.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 pm

I'm glad that your posts are decreasing BGF lol :lol:. I only have 229 at the moment, and need to catch up :oops:.
welshben23

Postby Stu » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 pm

I was a bit concerned too when I read your post Roz11 about you seeing your name on the logged in users list when you weren't logged in.

You've definitely done the right thing in changing your password

I did want to ask about the times when you've noticed this though - I've had the same thing happen when the site goes down for a bit, and I get error messages on the screen, but when it comes back I'm logged out but can see my name at the bottom of the screen.

Course if you're coming to the site fresh, then I agree that is far more worrying. Other than what you've already done, I'm not sure there's much more I can do, though.

As for the drop in post counts, I know that the website hosts have been doing some maintainance to all their servers starting last night, but I would probably change your password just in case BGF.

Stu
----
Frasier Online Webmaster

Stu
Site Admin

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:50 pm

Some of you may notice your post count has decreased today. That's if you contributed to the "Which are you?" thread, which I had to delete today as someone rather stupidly posted the link to that thread on another site, the residents of which are likely to want to come on here and do some harm...

Unfortunately the link is still 'active', in that it links to this site, but they will get a message saying that the topic no longer exists.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:as someone rather stupidly posted the link to that thread on another site

That was me, everybody.

I'd like to thank BN for being kind enough not to publicly state that it was me who did such an idiotic thing. When I posted the link, it really didn't occur to me that people from that site might want to come here and do any damage. The reason I posted the link was so as to convince a member there that I wasn't someone from another board who was out to get her.

I see now what an utterly stupid thing it was to do, and I'm really sorry I did it. But I would never knowingly do something that would bring any harm to this site - the possiblity honestly didn't occur to me when I posted that link.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:02 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:as someone rather stupidly posted the link to that thread on another site

That was me, everybody.

I'd like to thank BN for being kind enough not to publicly state that it was me who did such an idiotic thing. When I posted the link, it really didn't occur to me that people from that site might want to come here and do any damage. The reason I posted the link was so as to convince a member there that I wasn't someone from another board who was out to get her.

I see now what an utterly stupid thing it was to do, and I'm really sorry I did it. But I would never knowingly do something that would bring any harm to this site - the possiblity honestly didn't occur to me when I posted that link.

No need for the apology BGF :lol:. If they want to come on here to create trouble then "bring em on" lmao :D.
welshben23

Postby Stratman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:12 am

The damage has been done.

And why for the love of God are you posting regularly there?
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:45 am

Stratman wrote:And why for the love of God are you posting regularly there?

I know it's too late now, but I'm not posting there any more.

Because of their rather suspicious reception of me in the FM thread, I posted in the Random Outbursts board hoping to convince them that I didn't have any ill intentions towards them.

I sent you a PM (on Wednesday) as soon as I found out what was being planned, but I don't know whether you got the chance to read it before everything happened. Did you?

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:48 am

Yes, I did recieve the message. Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes, I know I did. A surefire redeemer would be to say, a la Gob Bluth, ''I've made a huge mistake.''
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:01 pm

Stratman wrote:Yes, I did recieve the message. Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes, I know I did. A surefire redeemer would be to say, a la Gob Bluth, ''I've made a huge mistake.''

"I've made a huge mistake."

I LOVE that line! :D I think also that Michael, Lucille, and Gob's girlfriend Marta have also said it, haven't they? It's something of a catchphrase.

I just wondered if you hadn't read it, because I expected an angry reply in response. You'd have every right to be angry, and the fact that you hadn't said anything to me about it, and also didn't seem to be mad at me, at least not that I could tell, made me think you hadn't seen it.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:06 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Stratman wrote:Yes, I did recieve the message. Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes, I know I did. A surefire redeemer would be to say, a la Gob Bluth, ''I've made a huge mistake.''

"I've made a huge mistake."

I LOVE that line! :D I think also that Michael, Lucille, and Gob's girlfriend Marta have also said it, haven't they? It's something of a catchphrase.

I just wondered if you hadn't read it, because I expected an angry reply in response. You'd have every right to be angry, and the fact that you hadn't said anything to me about it, and also didn't seem to be mad at me, at least not that I could tell, made me think you hadn't seen it.

Well I could have, but you know what they say, ''there's always money in the banana stand.'' You're a banana, right?
Stratman

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:08 pm

Stratman wrote:Well I could have, but you know what they say, ''there's always money in the banana stand.'' You're a banana, right?

I'm a raspberry. :)

I actually don'y like bananas, so the Bluths wouldn't have me as a customer at the banana stand. The only reason I'd go down there would be to see George Michael.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:20 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:The only reason I'd go down there would be to see George Michael.

Now there's something that only a few people would admit to! :D
welshben23

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:28 pm

welshben23 wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:The only reason I'd go down there would be to see George Michael.

:D

Not the George Michael - I mean the character George Michael Bluth.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby welshben23 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:32 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

:D

Not the George Michael - I mean the character George Michael Bluth.

I know :lol: , I am in a funny mood today :oops:.
welshben23

Postby roz11 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:40 pm

This may sound really stupid but what was the "Which are you?" thread?
roz11

Postby Stratman » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:42 pm

The thread that killed my reputation.
Stratman

Next

Return to Frasier Online Info and Support