Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Stupid Accidents Thread

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

The Stupid Accidents Thread

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm pretty sure Woggle and I can fill this one up.

Today's stupid accident - reached too far out over a pile of boxes and fell headfirst into them, knocking them all over. Then, whilst trying to stand up, I got my foot caught in my Dyson and fell backwards.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Re: The Stupid Accidents Thread

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:05 pm

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:26 am

:twisted: Hands down I can top this thread :D
Almost Darwin worthy :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I remember being 14 and spilled some cream on the kitchen floor. I told my mum it was there and to be careful not to slip in it. I subsequently slipped in the cream and fractured my wrist!
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm

:twisted: OK, my Oscar winning dumbass accidents.
I was practicing a trick for the young magician of the year contest. It was a bullet catch. (you can see where this is going can't you? :lol: ).
Luckily, it was an air pistol with balistic darts with plastic flights (nice and pointy at both ends).
So, long story short, I fucked up :oops:
I swallowed the dart.
I threw myself to the floor to try and cough it up, but the dart went up rather than out, and ended up lodged behing my nasal passage somewhere.
Thr phone was out of order at the time, so my dad had to run to the end of the street to ring for an ambulance.
He came back and tried to calm my mum down, who had taken to running up and down the stairs in panic (she's great in a crisis :lol: ).
So my dad tells her i'm ok, so she goes to the phone box and cancels the ambulance.
My dad tells hwr i'm not that OK, so they ring the ambulance again.
Ambulance finally arrives, and the two dudes manage to get me off the floor and into a chair. I'm dying to sneeze, but I think i'm going to shoot someone if I do :lol:
They tell me to lift my tongue up, and as I do it dislodges the dart, and it starts to go down my throat again. I throws myself forwards onto the floor again, and this time I manage to get the dart out.
First thing I said was "and that was your dart" :lol:

I did the trick again, but I never won that damn competition :? :lol:
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:I'm pretty sure Woggle and I can fill this one up.
Today's stupid accident - reached too far out over a pile of boxes and fell headfirst into them, knocking them all over. Then, whilst trying to stand up, I got my foot caught in my Dyson and fell backwards.

Hahaha im pretty sure4 i can to .

How bout yesterday erm burnt hand whilst grabbing a to hot pan handle throwing pasta in the sink and beyond . Then me leg gave way whilst i was throwing a pot of yoghurt in the bin , missed and covered the cabinet a nice strwawberry red .

Before erm let me see , hurt bum/back sliding down huge slide & shooting right off the end ..lol that one really hurt , have tripped and fallen doen the stars while wearing slippers , came of a bouncy castle when i was younger with a broken toe [ still can't figure out how that happend ] and kicked several toes on the corner of doors so many times im surprised i can walk and im sure thats noit all . Bloody danger to myself i am !
woggle

Postby woggle » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Earlier trod on a drawing pin i didn't notice in the kitchen floor ... left a mouseys eye of an injury but hurt like a biiiiatch!
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:20 pm

:twisted: Scoobie has been trying to take me apart over the weekend.
He jumped up at me on Saturday and put a bloody big scratch down my hand (i've got to get those nails cut :lol: ) and then later that evening he was lying on the top of the couch's headrest, and I was lying on the couch with my feet up, and the little bugger jumped down and landed on my face. I thought he'd taken my left eye out for a moment :shock: t'was very close.
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am

woggle wrote:Earlier trod on a drawing pin i didn't notice in the kitchen floor ... left a mouseys eye of an injury but hurt like a biiiiatch!

Owww!

The BT guy that came out to sort the phoneline out a while back was hobbling around after a similar accident. He trod on a plank of wood, with a big rusty nail sticking out of it! It went through the sole of his shoe and into his skin, he said it made a really weird noise when it broke the skin. Ugh.
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:34 pm

:twisted: Ow :shock:
Forever Jung

Postby Dorset Girl » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Got off the sofa, kicked the back of my right leg with my left foot. Hurt my leg with my toenail, and also hurt my big toe. Hmph.
Dorset Girl

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 pm

:twisted: Was carrying a Bisto oven baked meal from over to counter, and the plastic edges bent and slipped through my fingers.
Damn thing fell on the floor and EXPLODED all over the kitchen. A bit flew up and hit me in the face and melted the fecking skin off :shock:

Present condition: Stingie, pissed off, and hungry because most of the food was spread over the kitchen. :?
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Forever Jung wrote::twisted: Was carrying a Bisto oven baked meal from over to counter, and the plastic edges bent and slipped through my fingers.
Damn thing fell on the floor and EXPLODED all over the kitchen. A bit flew up and hit me in the face and melted the fecking skin off :shock:

Present condition: Stingie, pissed off, and hungry because most of the food was spread over the kitchen. :?

Ouchie!!! i hate it when u have a microwave meal and you have to stop it half way thru cooking to stir it or something stoopid like that , its always when the food is at about 1,000 degrees :roll:
woggle

Postby tgirl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 am

Interesting thread that is right up my alley. I'm a master of getting into stupid accidents.

1) About 2 weeks ago I thought that the revolving door to this shopping centre allowed people to go in at the side, I didn't see that there was glass and went smack into the glass causing my eyelid to bleed, the left side of my face to become numb as well as my left knee.

2) Within about 2 weeks of the revolving door accident I slipped on an icy part of the pavement doing my knee in (the same one that became numb from me walking into the glass). This was stupid of me because I could have walked on the non icy road as not many cars come down it and then proceed to walk on the pavement that didn't have ice on it.

3) About 2 years ago I managed to almost trip down the stairs in a famous UK TV studio , luckily I managed to catch myself as I tripped on 1 step, though lots of people did witness this....blush!

I do have many many many more incidents of my stupidity but these come instantly to mind.
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby woggle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 pm

^^ holy cow your a danger to yourself!! lol you need to roll yourself in bubble wrap!!

My new one is mild compared to that , i didn't need long to figure out once you nick your thumb on the side of an open can lid leave it a while beofre washing up with fairy liquid ... stooopid beyond belief! :roll:
woggle

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

I once came this close to be in tragic stupid accident. I fell backward in a pile of hay and felt something hard hit me from behind. It turns out it was a pitchfork with the prongs UPWARD. I almost got impaled on them! Since I was alone in barn, I'd have probably bled to death before someone had discovered me, assuming I wasn't killed instantly.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby tgirl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 pm

woggle wrote:^^ holy cow your a danger to yourself!! lol you need to roll yourself in bubble wrap!!

My new one is mild compared to that , i didn't need long to figure out once you nick your thumb on the side of an open can lid leave it a while beofre washing up with fairy liquid ... stooopid beyond belief! :roll:

Ah yes its all coming back to me, been there and done that to :oops:
FlEsH Is BuRnINg NaNanAnANanA
tgirl

Postby Patrick » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Once I was kayaking down the Tarn (a French river) and something (I never saw what) bit me on the thumb. Instead of doing the smart thing and crying out for help ( I was part of a group of teenagers led by adults), I pretended that it was ok and didn't say a thing before we made camp at dusk, when one of the adults saw it he was so upset and looked so pale that I started worrying about it myself. By the time we got to the hospital I had convinced myself that I would either die or lose a limb. The thumb was enormous. It was filled with pus. Anyway, it took some time but the wound healed nicely, I only have a scar as a memento of the event, where they made the incision, it was like a geyser! Anyway, biting you lip and going forward can sometimes be the stupidest thing to do.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Off Topic Discussion