Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2012/13

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Fantasy Premier League 2012/13

Postby Hans the German Butler » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I got a reminder from the Premier League today and had a few minutes so I set up this year's league. Apologies in advance if anyone else wanted to to do it.

It is called, 'Frasier Online'

The code to join the league is: 194823-56710
ROZ: It's not like she worships the Devil
FRASIER: She doesn't need to, he worships her!
Hans the German Butler

Re: Fantasy Premier League 2012/13

Postby welshben23 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:30 pm

I've just joined.
welshben23

Postby woggle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Is that the one u invirted me to benny? if so im in to :)
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm

great. i'll get set up on it.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:43 pm

woggle wrote:Is that the one u invirted me to benny? if so im in to :)

No it's not. This is the Frasier Online game. :)
welshben23

Postby woggle » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 pm

welshben23 wrote:
woggle wrote:Is that the one u invirted me to benny? if so im in to :)

No it's not. This is the Frasier Online game. :)

I see that now and im in this one to :D
woggle

Postby Hans the German Butler » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Thanks to everyone who's joined so far. At least I don't look like a 'billy-no-mates' now. I guess I should have checked in advance if I have an specific administrative tasks to perform?
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Ok, who knows anyting about this season? :lol:

I've made about five bajillion substitutions trying to sort a squad out, and i'm still not convinced by it. I'm sure i say this every year, but it's tricky to get what i want within the budget.

I haven't got a clue who some of the players are, even in some of the 'big team' squads, either!

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Hans the German Butler » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 pm

I just packed my squad with the best attacking talent I could muster and hoped for the best. I think this season will be a tough one to call though. You can't really write off the minnows anymore, Southampton seem to have pulled a surprise in lining up Gaston Ramirez. Reading look to have bought shrewdly too. I've avoided Swansea players for the time being because who knows how they might go under Laudrup?
Hans the German Butler

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:I just packed my squad with the best attacking talent I could muster and hoped for the best. I think this season will be a tough one to call though. You can't really write off the minnows anymore, Southampton seem to have pulled a surprise in lining up Gaston Ramirez. Reading look to have bought shrewdly too. I've avoided Swansea players for the time being because who knows how they might go under Laudrup?

I avoided them too apart from Chico as a sub. Oops. :)
welshben23

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Great day for the Swans today, Ben!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:49 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Great day for the Swans today, Ben!

:thumbleft: The 2nd half was the best I've seen Swansea play since the Fulham and Man City games last season. They seem to be more direct under Laudrup. Of course it all could go horribly wrong in the next 37 games. Bolton beat QPR 4-0 last year and they were relegated. I am cautiously optimistic though. :D
welshben23

Postby woggle » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:49 pm

welshben23 wrote:

:thumbleft: The 2nd half was the best I've seen Swansea play since the Fulham and Man City games last season. They seem to be more direct under Laudrup. Of course it all could go horribly wrong in the next 37 games. Bolton beat QPR 4-0 last year and they were relegated. I am cautiously optimistic though. :D

You were fantastic today! i think you will do just fine .

Did have a little side snigger when liverpool lost thou i kno of a WB fan and he must be goin nuts ..lol
woggle

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:52 pm

woggle wrote:
welshben23 wrote:

You were fantastic today! i think you will do just fine .

Did have a little side snigger when liverpool lost thou i kno of a WB fan and he must be goin nuts ..lol

:lol: Snigger? I was hysterically laughing at Mr Rodgers.
welshben23

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm

Calm down, calm down! I am still here you know!

To be fair we dominated the play, even with 10 men we had 57% possession. Just couldn't put our chances away. It was like last season all over again. 2 harsh penaltes and a harsh sending off. No arguing with Gera's goal though, it was a peach.
Hans the German Butler

Postby welshben23 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Hans the German Butler wrote:Calm down, calm down! I am still here you know!

To be fair we dominated the play, even with 10 men we had 57% possession. Just couldn't put our chances away. It was like last season all over again. 2 harsh penaltes and a harsh sending off. No arguing with Gera's goal though, it was a peach.

:lol: Sorry Hans. I wasn't laughing at the team honestly. Just a certain Brendan Rodgers.
welshben23

Postby Hans the German Butler » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:45 pm

welshben23 wrote:

:lol: Sorry Hans. I wasn't laughing at the team honestly. Just a certain Brendan Rodgers.

It must have been great to be a Swans fan today. I understand it was like the Rodgers' Swansea only more direct.
Hans the German Butler

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:29 am

Doin shit after 1 week lol , Song got sold , Dempsy is still not fit didn't play neither did Cahill or Beausejour great! not!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 pm

I want to see Liverpool doing well, but i didn't see those incidents as particularly harsh. Unfortunate, maybe, but i couldn't argue with the outcomes. Incredibly sloppy defensive work from both players. Definite nudge in the back of Long for the first penalty - and being last man left one option for the ref. Second one was an accident through slack defending. He nipped in front of him and got caught. He was definitely trying to kick the ball clear not the player, but he was so slow that he ended up kicking the player.

I've had a proper dogshit start. I punted on the Reading keeper over Szczesny because it's a double gameweek, a home game against Stoke, and newcomers usually do something in their first games. I also punted with Pog up front instead of Defoe. But they did shite all - the keeper threw it in his own bloody net :lol: Can't believe what ended up coming out of Aguero and Silva in their home game against Southampton, either. And to top it off, Ramirez decides to fall ill.

Got some catching up to do already.

Woggle - i can't see Dempsey being seen back in a Fulham shirt, unless something really strange happens. He's not unfit - just doesn't want to play for them any more.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:

I want to see Liverpool doing well, but i didn't see those incidents as particularly harsh. Unfortunate, maybe, but i couldn't argue with the outcomes. Incredibly sloppy defensive work from both players. Definite nudge in the back of Long for the first penalty - and being last man left one option for the ref. Second one was an accident through slack defending. He nipped in front of him and got caught. He was definitely trying to kick the ball clear not the player, but he was so slow that he ended up kicking the player.

I've had a proper dogshit start. I punted on the Reading keeper over Szczesny because it's a double gameweek, a home game against Stoke, and newcomers usually do something in their first games. I also punted with Pog up front instead of Defoe. But they did shite all - the keeper threw it in his own bloody net :lol: Can't believe what ended up coming out of Aguero and Silva in their home game against Southampton, either. And to top it off, Ramirez decides to fall ill.

Woggle - i can't see Dempsey being seen back in a Fulham shirt, unless something really strange happens. He's not unfit - just doesn't want to play for them any more.

Really ? i had absolutly no idea ..lol . Not that Fulham need him anyway after that start on sat I'll prob change him for someone else as soon as i can.
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 pm

woggle wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:Woggle - i can't see Dempsey being seen back in a Fulham shirt, unless something really strange happens. He's not unfit - just doesn't want to play for them any more.

Really ? i had absolutly no idea ..lol . Not that Fulham need him anyway after that start on sat I'll prob change him for someone else as soon as i can.

He could still end up at another Premiership club (and he could still stay and play with Fulham i suppose), so might be worth waiting until as late as you can if there are others you need to ship out.

Here's a bit about it. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1303815-clint-dempsey-the-truth-of-his-transfer-from-fulham-needs-to-come-out-soon

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

I had no idea any of that was going on , he was one of my top scorers lst on the last go round and i thought he was happy . Only a week to go till the transfer thingy finishes isnt it so like you say may hang onto him see where he goes .
woggle

Postby Hans the German Butler » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I want to see Liverpool doing well, but i didn't see those incidents as particularly harsh. Unfortunate, maybe, but i couldn't argue with the outcomes. Incredibly sloppy defensive work from both players. Definite nudge in the back of Long for the first penalty - and being last man left one option for the ref. Second one was an accident through slack defending. He nipped in front of him and got caught. He was definitely trying to kick the ball clear not the player, but he was so slow that he ended up kicking the player.

Of course they were harsh! They were against Liverpool :)

I was the same with Silva and Aguero. Picked them both expecting a lightning start. Oops!
Hans the German Butler

Postby Moon-Crane » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 am

Hans the German Butler wrote:I was the same with Silva and Aguero. Picked them both expecting a lightning start. Oops!

That Silva penalty was dogshit alley! Ridiculous.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby welshben23 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Whoa! This thread has been quiet for a while. Today the site is really taking the p*ss. :D Swansea had 14 shots on goal last night in the game against Sunderland, the home side only had 2 and the site gives the bonus points to O'Shea, Bramble and Larsson. WHAT?! Swansea were all over them.
welshben23

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion