Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Funniest moment of TV / film ever

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Funniest moment of TV / film ever

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 pm

What do you rate as the funniest piece of TV or film you've ever seen?

I have an inkling that there's been a similar thread to this previously, but I can't find it.

I have just seen the most hilarious piece of TV ever - Rob Brydon and someone from The Appprentice (don't know his name?) cosying up in a jumper made for two, on 'Would I Lie to You?'. Did anyone else see it? Everyone on set was laughing so much that they were crying!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Re: Funniest moment of TV / film ever

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 am

My top 3 in order

1. Frasier smacking Niles in the head in Frasier Grinch
2. WKRP in Cincinnati's Turkey's Away episode. And in particular "As God as my witness, I thought turkey's could fly."
3. The whole of The Bob Newhart Show's Over the River and Through the Woods episode.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:25 am

I remember laughing really hard at Dumb & Dumber in the cinema - everyone was in hysterics which probably made it seem funnier (Jim Carrey's dream sequence in particular).

I also killed myself laughing at Trey Parker and Matt Stone's Team America: World Police, specifically the explicit sex scenes. Something about them being puppets made it even funnier :D

There are loads more but those two spring immediately to mind from the movies. I actually think almost anything seems funnier when watching it with someone else and they're finding it as funny as you.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:39 am

I remember an episode of whos line is it anyway ? when Ryan Stiles and Colin [ the baldie one ] was on it and they were doing the superheroes skit and someone in the audience suggested colin should be called Captain Hair ..lol they took the piss all episode and i remember cracking up laughing for the whole 20 mins!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:42 am

Mr Blue Sky wrote:I actually think almost anything seems funnier when watching it with someone else and they're finding it as funny as you.

You've got a point there! Part of the reason I was laughing so hard with the 'cuddle jumper' scene last night was because David Mitchell was laughing so much that he was literally crying, and the camera kept cutting to him! Here are some pictures, which will make no sense unless you actually saw it, but never mind. :D

I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:43 am

woggle wrote:I remember an episode of whos line is it anyway ? when Ryan Stiles and Colin [ the baldie one ] was on it and they were doing the superheroes skit and someone in the audience suggested colin should be called Captain Hair ..lol they took the piss all episode and i remember cracking up laughing for the whole 20 mins!

Yes, there were some really funny moments in that series!

I think some of the best comedy moments come form when you have a bunch of stand-up comedians who are more or less ad-libbing. They usually end up laughing themselves, and their laughter is contagious!
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:46 am

Dorset Girl wrote:What do you rate as the funniest piece of TV or film you've ever seen?

I have an inkling that there's been a similar thread to this previously, but I can't find it.

I have just seen the most hilarious piece of TV ever - Rob Brydon and someone from The Appprentice (don't know his name?) cosying up in a jumper made for two, on 'Would I Lie to You?'. Did anyone else see it? Everyone on set was laughing so much that they were crying!

Nick something he was an advisor to Alan Sugar . He's not on it now but when he was on the show some of his facial expressions or comments totally made the episodes he was in , he was actually quite a funny guy.
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 am

woggle wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:What do you rate as the funniest piece of TV or film you've ever seen?

Nick something he was an advisor to Alan Sugar . He's not on it now but when he was on the show some of his facial expressions or comments totally made the episodes he was in , he was actually quite a funny guy.

Nick Hewer. He hasn't left Apprentice has he? He was in the recent series. He is funny on the show. Very dry humour.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:51 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:1. Frasier smacking Niles in the head in Frasier Grinch

:D Funniest Frasier moments for me are the ones where Niles falls asleep in Room Service. I also like some of the almost 'slapstick' physical comedy moments.

I can think of a couple more scenes that have me in stitches - I'll do a proper list later:

- Friends, when Joey saw Chandler's door in half - he tries to walk into the room and falls over 48 sesconds into this vid
- An unoriginal choice, but a British classic - The Two Ronnies 'Fork Handles' sketch

:lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:52 am

Ah yes, thanks Woggle and MC, it was Nick. I've never seen The Apprentice, but yes, he does seem like a really funny bloke!
Dorset Girl

Postby !Amz! » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:I actually think almost anything seems funnier when watching it with someone else and they're finding it as funny as you.

You've got a point there! Part of the reason I was laughing so hard with the 'cuddle jumper' scene last night was because David Mitchell was laughing so much that he was literally crying, and the camera kept cutting to him! Here are some pictures, which will make no sense unless you actually saw it, but never mind. :D

Absolutely loved this last night as well as "I once killed a rat with my BAFTA." David Mitchell's laugh was hilarious in itself, I've never seen him laugh that much. :lol:

Some of my funny moments have been:
1. The Inbetweeners - The Fashion Show - Simon has a serious wardrobe malfunction at the school fashion show and is completely oblivious to it.
2. Frasier - Frasier Grinch - The look of Niles with the strange helmet on his head and then Frasier slapping him.
3. That Mitchell and Webb Look - David Mitchell and Robert Webb argue about how cheese is made. Doesn't sound very funny but was absolutely hilarious how aggressive they both got.
4. Sex Drive - The main character (can't remember his name) is walking round the mall in a doughnut costume handing out leaflets and unbeknownst to him some kids stick a dildo on the front of him and he ends up being pushed down an escalator by an angry parent.
5. Black Books - Elephants and Hens - Bernard and Manny try to write a children's book. "His best friend is a panda!"
6. That Mitchell and Webb Look -The 'brain surgeon/rocket scientist' sketch. So obvious what was coming but just found it so funny.
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:- An unoriginal choice, but a British classic - The Two Ronnies 'Fork Handles' sketch

One of my favourites is another unoriginal choice, but it's the famous Laurel and Hardy piano moving scene. Just about anything with those two guys cracks me up.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Have you seen the short film 'The Plank,' MC? Cracks me up!
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Have you seen the short film 'The Plank,' MC? Cracks me up!

Yes, another good one. Great Brit cast in that thing.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:Have you seen the short film 'The Plank,' MC? Cracks me up!

Yes, another good one. Great Brit cast in that thing.

Wish someone had filmed Dad and me moving the bed the other day. :lol:
Dorset Girl

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:51 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Wish someone had filmed Dad and me moving the bed the other day. :lol:

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:24 am

horrible film - dude wheres your car?

but the scene at the drive thru with "and then...."

is very funny
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:53 am

tenpercenter wrote:horrible film - dude wheres your car?

but the scene at the drive thru with "and then...."

is very funny

:lol: Agree. Most of the movie sucks rocks but that scene is hysterical. "No more and then!"
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:58 am

I quite enjoyed that.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby woggle » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:42 am

Moon-Crane wrote:
woggle wrote:

Nick Hewer. He hasn't left Apprentice has he? He was in the recent series. He is funny on the show. Very dry humour.

No he hasn't i thought he did as im sure after the last series someone said to me he wasn't going to be on the next one as he was movin on but that was wrong apparently. :roll:

On the first episode of Miranda when she is in a bright dress and is mistaken for a tranny ..that made me laugh me socks off .
woggle

Postby woggle » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:01 pm

Only fools and horses

Del Boy falling tru open bar
The blow up doll scenes
Batman and robin

All so funny still !! :D
woggle

Postby barnaclelapse » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I honestly couldn't even begin to try and choose one, so I'm taking the coward's way out of this question.
barnaclelapse

Postby woggle » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:05 pm

woggle

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:23 am

look out , hes got a nug
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Return to Off Topic Discussion