Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Pet hates!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: Pet hates!

Postby woggle » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:Also old men trying to pick me up, nice to have some attention but why only old people?!?

Haha, there was a bloke on the train yesterday - about 50 I reckon (IMHO that's not old, but I realise you may disagree, IA!). He was a real scruffy hippy type. He was standing up to get something from the luggage rack, and I was talking to him about his son. He tried really hard to look me in the eye when he was talking, but his eyes kept involuntarily drifting down to my cleavage, it was quite funny! :lol:

His son was called 'Shadrack' or something like that?! A bible name, I think. What a name, poor kid!

Poor sod ..isn't the the name of the scruffy dude from Emmerdale ??

- People who cold call you on the telephone grr nxt one im telling them where im gonna shove the phone! go away!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 pm

woggle wrote:Poor sod ..isn't the the name of the scruffy dude from Emmerdale ??

Ah, yes, just looked it up, ewww he's not so easy on the eye, is he?! That's even worse then, ugh poor kid!

People who cold call you on the telephone grr nxt one im telling them where im gonna shove the phone! go away!

My nieces (aged 3 and 5) were having a pretend telephone call yesterday. One said 'Hello, I'm phoning up to sell you things.' The other one said 'I'm not interested, bye' and pretended to slam the phone down. :lol:
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby woggle » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
woggle wrote:Poor sod ..isn't the the name of the scruffy dude from Emmerdale ??

Ah, yes, just looked it up, ewww he's not so easy on the eye, is he?! That's even worse then, ugh poor kid!

People who cold call you on the telephone grr nxt one im telling them where im gonna shove the phone! go away!

My nieces (aged 3 and 5) were having a pretend telephone call yesterday. One said 'Hello, I'm phoning up to sell you things.' The other one said 'I'm not interested, bye' and pretended to slam the phone down. :lol:

:lol: getting their practice in early ... hilarious!
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

:twisted: He always reminded me of the cowardly lion in The Wizard Of Oz :shock:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Lil » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Lil wrote:Okay...I will have a lot to add in the future, but let me name a few of my top peeves right here....

-Guests who do not appreciate the individual behind the front desk of a hotel, expressing their rudeness
-Guests who ask you a question and decide to fully explain every single detail of the question instead of letting me speak
-Glenn Beck
-The jackasses on news networks who sit at a round table, yelling and talking over each other with no respect at all
-Kathy Griffin
-Closed-minded people (i.e. those who judge purely on looks)

So basically...guests.

I have great sympathy with anyone who has to work with the general public on a daily basis. I'm with Marty Crane - people suck.

People DO suck. And I have sympathy for myself too :lol:

Acting is seriously what I want to do with my life. But since this is not always a promising career, I needed something to fall back on. Hopefully acting will end up being my future...I keep pushing for it.
Lil

Postby tenpercenter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

neighbours who have no respect for noise
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby woggle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:32 am

Ok new one born this morning ...people who put their cups of tea NEXT to the coaster on the desk :evil: :roll: it will take 2 seconds to actually put it where it should be .

Actually thinkin of lining up several coasters on the desk colour them in luminous green with those marker pens ..rather like a runway for planes then praps the old bag in the office can get it onto the bloody thing using her bingo wings to guide he cuppa into land gr!

[ also could of been posted in the rant thread!!! ]
woggle

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:46 pm

Yep I hate it when people don't use the coasters I have in my room, so I know how you feel! Line thee desk with paper towels or something...
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby woggle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:51 pm

insaneasperger wrote:Yep I hate it when people don't use the coasters I have in my room, so I know how you feel! Line thee desk with paper towels or something...

Good idea !!
woggle

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Get some red tape and make little arrows all over the desk, pointing to the coaster. A subtle hint. :D
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby barnaclelapse » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Pah. Coasters. They drive me mad.
barnaclelapse

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:31 pm

I have been brought up to respect my elders, but when your waiting to get on a coach and the physically Push you out of the way sending my stuff flying to make sure they get on, when she was the last to arrive it kinda irritates me.
insaneasperger

Postby !Amz! » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 pm

insaneasperger wrote:I have been brought up to respect my elders, but when your waiting to get on a coach and the physically Push you out of the way sending my stuff flying to make sure they get on, when she was the last to arrive it kinda irritates me.

I was brought up exactly the same, but some of them are just downright rude!
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Get some red tape and make little arrows all over the desk, pointing to the coaster. A subtle hint. :D

:lol: you lot are tempting me way to much!!
woggle

Postby Moon-Crane » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Woggle, just go into the staff room and superglue coasters to all the cups.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:Woggle, just go into the staff room and superglue coasters to all the cups.

Oh, yes, forget the idea I suggested, you should soooo do the superglue thing! You also need to hide and watch their reaction. It would be hilarious.
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

But Woggle... take care not to accidentally glue yourself to a coaster, won't you? ;)
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:34 pm

I know I have complained about them before but customers, I wish I could make a sign for the top of the counter that say "No you can't choose you get what you are given" but I don't think that counts as HOT service ;)
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:But Woggle... take care not to accidentally glue yourself to a coaster, won't you? ;)

:lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby insaneasperger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:47 pm

I can picture woggle with coaster fingers now!!

And Kat, I was chatting to my Sis at work the other day, and a woman came up to her and asked the difference between the apple and apple and custard pies.... Then asked her colleague if they could slice the reduced apple pie for her...

I dont think I have ever laughed so hard, and think it takes a lot not to be rude or laugh in their faces!
insaneasperger

Postby Dorset Girl » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 pm

insaneasperger wrote:I can picture woggle with coaster fingers now!!

And Kat, I was chatting to my Sis at work the other day, and a woman came up to her and asked the difference between the apple and apple and custard pies.... Then asked her colleague if they could slice the reduced apple pie for her...

I dont think I have ever laughed so hard, and think it takes a lot not to be rude or laugh in their faces!

Reminds me of my colleague's tannoy announcement, which I'm sure I've shared with you guys before:

This is a chicken announcement. On our deli today, we have hot roast and barbecued customers reduced to just £1.50 each.
Dorset Girl

Postby kat » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
insaneasperger wrote:I can picture woggle with coaster fingers now!!

Reminds me of my colleague's tannoy announcement, which I'm sure I've shared with you guys before:

This is a chicken announcement. On our deli today, we have hot roast and barbecued customers reduced to just £1.50 each.

"Whilst shopping in our store today why not visit our oven fresh counter where we have a selection of items now down in price"
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby woggle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:56 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:But Woggle... take care not to accidentally glue yourself to a coaster, won't you? ;)

:lol:

Hahahaha oh don't thats something i should never be let near as last time i was let loose with superglue i did almost stick me fingers together :roll: but totally lovin the idea M-C :D
woggle

Postby !Amz! » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:11 pm

People who pretty much stay on my ass when I'm driving. Guy kept doing it for pretty much the whole drive home today.
Usually blokes in white vans and lorries. Just piss off!
!Amz!

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion