Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Things that p*** me off

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:34 pm

vexedfoxy wrote:People who bang on and on about farmers spraying crops and are cruel to animals they do it all the time................right up to the point they walk through the door of Tesco then they buy 100 chickens for a £1.

Walk out and say 'farmers are cruel to chickens'

Now this I agree, the hypocrisy of some is beyond me. Fortunately my conscience is clear, I only ever eat free-range chicken. :angel9:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:37 pm

vexedfoxy wrote:Rather a Land Rover than a Lard Rover, over take then and whiz away, we always keep the speed down..............no thats balls they just don't go that fast!

:lol:

So it's the horses over taking you then!! :wink:
Rodge

Postby vexedfoxy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Yes bastard thelwell looky likeys hairy bastards, tearing along tails out straight.
Sack the Englsih football team. Anyone involved with the team in SA should never go near the FA again........except the man, or woman it could have been a lady who drove the bus.
vexedfoxy

Postby vexedfoxy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:42 am

The two faced catholic church fucks me right off.

Millions of illegally earned money, yet they still ask for more.

They spout on about no contraceptives and Cherie Blair writes unchalllenged a book about 'forgetting her contraceptive device' -she does not need a contraceptive device she needs a man hole cover.

Yet they ban condoms in African countries where health and wealth is affected by this very decision.

Yes that pisses me off.
Sack the Englsih football team. Anyone involved with the team in SA should never go near the FA again........except the man, or woman it could have been a lady who drove the bus.
vexedfoxy

Postby vexedfoxy » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 am

Paul McCartney and Heather Mills McCartney.

They piss me off.

If I was the judge in the divorce I would have made them stay married, they are perfect for each other they are the perfect couple both inward looking self centred press junkies.

The day that one of them spent more than a day out of the sight of the other the following penalty would apply.

If it was Mills fault then she would get no cash ever again.

If it was Pauls fault then he would loose all his money Mills

Its brilliant if I say so myself.

Don't get me started on the talentless Stella who has her vegan fashion shop right next door to one of the finest rifle manufacturers in the world.........oh the Irony.
vexedfoxy

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 pm

The highly indiscreet receptionist at my doctor's surgery. :x
I've got a fake laugh with your name written all over it.
Agides

Postby 5HR1NK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:18 pm

My TV is buggered at the moment, and I just found out Dexter was on (which I still haven't seen yet) and it just finished a couple of minutes ago. If I knew it was on I would have watched it.

Ah well, might have to nab the DVDs instead.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby insaneasperger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:38 pm

going to an interview held by a condecsending bastard who made it obvious I won't get the job when I could of had lunch with the friend I hadn't seen on a month!
I Think You Can Call Me Niles Now
insaneasperger

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:39 pm

vexedfoxy wrote:The two faced catholic church fucks me right off.

Millions of illegally earned money, yet they still ask for more.

They spout on about no contraceptives and Cherie Blair writes unchalllenged a book about 'forgetting her contraceptive device' -she does not need a contraceptive device she needs a man hole cover.

Yet they ban condoms in African countries where health and wealth is affected by this very decision.

Yes that pisses me off.

Don't even get me started - 100% agree. All the money owned by the Catholic church would probably solve all the finacial problems in Africa.
Rodge

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Rodge wrote:Don't even get me started - 100% agree. All the money owned by the Catholic church would probably solve all the finacial problems in Africa.

Oh no!! Your comment above is straying dangerously close to a subject that seriously p*sses me off - celebrity "philanthropists". :x Hearing about how wonderful so-and-so actor/actress is for donating $1m to a charity. So what?? When a lot of them earn multiple millions PER MOVIE, that's little more than loose change when you take their entire fortune into account!

And as for Bono and his sanctimonious prattlings.......... :x Not exactly living on the poverty line for causes closest to his heart, is he??
Agides

Postby kat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:22 pm

On a simlar line, people who pester you in the street to sign up to a standing order to whatever charity.
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Agides wrote:Oh no!! Your comment above is straying dangerously close to a subject that seriously p*sses me off - celebrity "philanthropists". :x Hearing about how wonderful so-and-so actor/actress is for donating $1m to a charity. So what?? When a lot of them earn multiple millions PER MOVIE, that's little more than loose change when you take their entire fortune into account!

I see where you're coming from, but if a celebrity wants to feel good by having people think they're wonderful, and it means that a charity gets a million quid that they wouldn't have had otherwise, then I can live with them pampering their egos a little!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:25 pm

Agides wrote:
Rodge wrote:Don't even get me started - 100% agree. All the money owned by the Catholic church would probably solve all the finacial problems in Africa.

Oh no!! Your comment above is straying dangerously close to a subject that seriously p*sses me off - celebrity "philanthropists". :x Hearing about how wonderful so-and-so actor/actress is for donating $1m to a charity. So what?? When a lot of them earn multiple millions PER MOVIE, that's little more than loose change when you take their entire fortune into account!

And as for Bono and his sanctimonious prattlings.......... :x Not exactly living on the poverty line for causes closest to his heart, is he??

:shock:

Why on earth should a celebrity have to live on the poverty line in order for his/her charitable donations to be seen as generous? That is just ridiculous. If it wasn't for these "sanctimonious" celebrities, then I expect African nations would be in a lot worse state by now. You only have to read kats post below yours. People don't take notice of Oxfam etc. For some bizarre reason people seem to need a celebrity or a celebrity run TV show in order to donate?
You scoff at a celebrity giving a million quid to a charity. Well as a percentage of their worth that would possibly be the equivalent of average Jo giving £250 to charity each year. Maybe you do, but I doubt if many others do.
Yes people asking for charity may be annoying, and maybe it makes them feel good about themselves in a hedonistic manner, but for fucks sake until governments do something about it, then it's bloody well needed. And if someone uses the excuse along the lines of "none of the money gets to the people who need it" then that is utter bollocks invented by selfish twats who cannot part with their money.
Rodge

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Rodge wrote:Yes people asking for charity may be annoying, and maybe it makes them feel good about themselves in a hedonistic manner, but for fucks sake until governments do something about it, then it's bloody well needed. And if someone uses the excuse along the lines of "none of the money gets to the people who need it" then that is utter bollocks invented by selfish twats who cannot part with their money.

It's like that 'Friends' episode where Joey says there's no such thing as a selfless good deed, and Phoebe phones in to donate some money. :lol:

*Hears the feather of Friends-haters ruffling*

I remember the first time I stood on a pavement in town collecting money with a charity box. It's a thankless task I wasn't at all pushy, but people still cross the road to avoid you, or just blank you completely. I felt good about it when my 'shift' was over and I had some coins in the box. I don't see that as a bad thing. It made me want to do it again. :)
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Rodge wrote:
Agides wrote:

:shock:

Why on earth should a celebrity have to live on the poverty line in order for his/her charitable donations to be seen as generous? That is just ridiculous. If it wasn't for these "sanctimonious" celebrities, then I expect African nations would be in a lot worse state by now. You only have to read kats post below yours. People don't take notice of Oxfam etc. For some bizarre reason people seem to need a celebrity or a celebrity run TV show in order to donate?
You scoff at a celebrity giving a million quid to a charity. Well as a percentage of their worth that would possibly be the equivalent of average Jo giving £250 to charity each year. Maybe you do, but I doubt if many others do.
Yes people asking for charity may be annoying, and maybe it makes them feel good about themselves in a hedonistic manner, but for fucks sake until governments do something about it, then it's bloody well needed. And if someone uses the excuse along the lines of "none of the money gets to the people who need it" then that is utter bollocks invented by selfish twats who cannot part with their money.

:shock: :shock:

Bit of a misunderstanding here, I think.

It's the fact that much noise is made about how much they give that ticks me off more than anything else. Why feel the need to brag about it?? Surely the very spirit of offering a donation is so that it can go to good causes for the charity concerned, not so that the entire world knows what a bloody good egg this or that person is.

Fyi, I do donate to a charity and I give a substantial percentage of my salary to it. I could have chosen to include that titbit of info in my original post but chose not to. I could also elaborate on exactly what I give and to whom. It's not important in the grand scheme of things and neither should the details of which celeb gives what to whom be when it's seen as nothing more than an huge ego boost/popularity contest for them.
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Agides wrote:It's the fact that much noise is made about how much they give that ticks me off more than anything else. Why feel the need to brag about it?? Surely the very spirit of offering a donation is so that it can go to good causes for the charity concerned, not so that the entire world knows what a bloody good egg this or that person is.

Are you referring to any celebrities in particular? I don't generally have much interest in celebrities, which is maybe why this doesn't bother me at all. Like I said, though - as long as the charity gets their money, it's fine by me if the person who donates wants some recognition. :)
Dorset Girl

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:It's the fact that much noise is made about how much they give that ticks me off more than anything else. Why feel the need to brag about it?? Surely the very spirit of offering a donation is so that it can go to good causes for the charity concerned, not so that the entire world knows what a bloody good egg this or that person is.

Are you referring to any celebrities in particular? I don't generally have much interest in celebrities, which is maybe why this doesn't bother me at all. Like I said, though - as long as the charity gets their money, it's fine by me if the person who donates wants some recognition. :)

And that should be the ONLY reason why anyone donates. How come all the non-celeb philanthropists don't feel the need to issue press releases and have publicity shots taken handing over cheques??
Agides

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Agides wrote:Bit of a misunderstanding here, I think.

It's the fact that much noise is made about how much they give that ticks me off more than anything else. Why feel the need to brag about it?? Surely the very spirit of offering a donation is so that it can go to good causes for the charity concerned, not so that the entire world knows what a bloody good egg this or that person is.

Well I do try to avoid tabloid newspapers and tabloid type TV shows, but not once have I heard Bono, or Geldof or Sting state that they give £X million pounds to charity. They are on the TV a lot making appeals, but surely that's a good thing isn't it?
Rodge

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Rodge wrote:
Agides wrote:Bit of a misunderstanding here, I think.

Well I do try to avoid tabloid newspapers and tabloid type TV shows, but not once have I heard Bono, or Geldof or Sting state that they give £X million pounds to charity. They are on the TV a lot making appeals, but surely that's a good thing isn't it?

OMG! You think I read tabloids! :shock: :wink:

Raising awareness of a cause = admirable
Thinking you can use your "pop star" status to change the world = egotistical

IMHO!
Agides

Postby Dorset Girl » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Agides wrote:And that should be the ONLY reason why anyone donates. How come all the non-celeb philanthropists don't feel the need to issue press releases and have publicity shots taken handing over cheques??

What if someone sees a photo of a celeb that they like handing over a cheque to charity, and it prompts them to do the same thing? That would be good.
Dorset Girl

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Agides wrote:Fyi, I do donate to a charity and I give a substantial percentage of my salary to it. I could have chosen to include that titbit of info in my original post but chose not to. I could also elaborate on exactly what I give and to whom. It's not important in the grand scheme of things and neither should the details of which celeb gives what to whom be when it's seen as nothing more than an huge ego boost/popularity contest for them.

I think I did state, "maybe you do" in my previous post. I wasn't necessarily asking for confirmation.
And to be honest, if celebrities who do donate vast sums get an ego boost and increase their popularity by doing so, then fair play to them. In exactly the opposite way when I hear tht Sharon Osbourne would only do an African appeal as long as she was put up in a 5 star hotel, then she deserves the negative publicity that follows.
Rodge

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:15 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Agides wrote:And that should be the ONLY reason why anyone donates. How come all the non-celeb philanthropists don't feel the need to issue press releases and have publicity shots taken handing over cheques??

What if someone sees a photo of a celeb that they like handing over a cheque to charity, and it prompts them to do the same thing? That would be good.

Maybe this is more about me being p*ssed off that certain messages have to be given by celebrities in order to be received, heard and understood by certain individuals or groups of people.

What's the current big obsession with fame and being famous and wanting to emulate someone famous all about???
Agides

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:17 pm

Agides wrote:Thinking you can use your "pop star" status to change the world = egotistical

IMHO!

Bob Geldof didn't make a bad start did he? That's the problem, people like him & Bono realise that one concert will not change the world and hence keep on pushing and pushing, but people get board and get pissed off. Until world governments or multi national companies change their attitudes then it is a case that Jo public needs to help or these people will die. So either by money or putting pressure on powers to be, something must be done. And not just once, but ongoing. Unfortunately, that third pint or that monthly subscription to SKY is more important to many. People pat themselves on the back when they raise £37 million on Children in Need, but that is less than a pound per person.
Yes I know, we cannot keep giving, it is not our responsibility, but please stop moaning about the people who are trying their best to do so.
Last edited by Rodge on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:20 pm

Agides wrote:How come all the non-celeb philanthropists don't feel the need to issue press releases and have publicity shots taken handing over cheques??

Not watched "Secret millionaire" then?
Last edited by Rodge on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodge

Postby Agides » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Rodge wrote:I think I did state, "maybe you do" in my previous post. I wasn't necessarily asking for confirmation.

Totally acknowledge that.

And to be honest, if celebrities who do donate vast sums get an ego boost and increase their popularity by doing so, then fair play to them. In exactly the opposite way when I hear tht Sharon Osbourne would only do an African appeal as long as she was put up in a 5 star hotel, then she deserves the negative publicity that follows.

That's your opinion, which you're perfectly entitled to. :)

But for me, it just dilutes the actual act of giving. I feel it almost takes something away from the charity they are donating to.
Agides

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion