Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Yap Thread!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Re: The Yap Thread!

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Ariel wrote:I'm a newbie trying to catch up - what sort of gig???Are you in a band??

:twisted: I'm a singer.
My act's name is Not Just Meat Loaf.
I do Meat Loaf, but not just Meat Loaf :lol:

A singer, wow, have you got anything on youtube?
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

Ariel wrote:A singer, wow, have you got anything on youtube?

:twisted: I need to get a camera that can record decent sound.
There are a couple of vids on my website, but the quality isn't great.
The best one (which is on the home page) was filmed at my sister in laws 30th birthday, and i'd had a bloody sore throat all day. Typical huh? :lol:
I'm planning on getting some more content up (vids and pics) soon.

He's the addy if you want to check it out :D

http://notjustmeatloaf.webs.com/
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby !Amz! » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Suddenly feels like I'm growing up really quickly - I turn 21 next Saturday and today I applied for a job in the NHS. While it's a little out of my league, I hope they consider me, because I really REALLY want it. Fingers crossed.
!Amz!

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:24 am

!Amz! wrote:Suddenly feels like I'm growing up really quickly - I turn 21 next Saturday.

:twisted: You old foggey you :lol: :lol: :lol:

!Amz! wrote:today I applied for a job in the NHS. While it's a little out of my league, I hope they consider me, because I really REALLY want it. Fingers crossed.

Good luck Amz 8-)
Forever Jung

Postby !Amz! » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Cheers :D
!Amz!

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:47 pm

FJ, did you catch Meat on Saturday's Jonathan Ross show?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 am

Moon-Crane wrote:FJ, did you catch Meat on Saturday's Jonathan Ross show?

:twisted: I was working, but i'll catch up with it tomorrow :wink:
He flew back to England from Germany for the recording on Friday.
I was having a good laugh with him online yesterday, he seemed to think the recording didn't go as well as he hoped, but by all accounts it was pretty good.
Very happy to hear he'll be working with Jim again 8-)

Tonight, I sang the whole Bat album from start to finish.
Historic gig for me 8-)
Forever Jung

Postby woggle » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:01 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
!Amz! wrote:Suddenly feels like I'm growing up really quickly - I turn 21 next Saturday.

:twisted: You old foggey you :lol: :lol: :lol:

!Amz! wrote:today I applied for a job in the NHS. While it's a little out of my league, I hope they consider me, because I really REALLY want it. Fingers crossed.

Good luck Amz 8-)

Very best of luuuuck?? let us know as soon as poss :D :D
woggle

Postby !Amz! » Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Woggle :) No news yet, it said if I hear nothing in 4 weeks then I've been unsuccessful - that's one week gone but I wouldn't expect to hear anything this early. I gave my dissertation supervisor's name as a reference and despite me saying I think it's a little advanced for a first job in mental health she thinks I'd suit it, so again, fingers crossed :D
!Amz!

Postby woggle » Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Makes me laff when people scoff at hearing i don' have a mobile phone , ipad , ipod [ do have an mp3 player but that does'nt seem as 'cool ' ] or some tablet of some such like im some sort of alien ..lol
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 am

woggle wrote:Makes me laff when people scoff at hearing i don' have a mobile phone , ipad , ipod [ do have an mp3 player but that does'nt seem as 'cool ' ] or some tablet of some such like im some sort of alien ..lol

How do you not have a cell phone? That's just crazy talk! :D
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Ariel » Thu May 09, 2013 1:14 pm

I don't get the current obsession with mobile phones either! I've got one as I drive long distances and it's to call the breakdown service if I am unlucky enough to break down, I occasionally use it to ask for directions when I am looking for an address, otherwise I pretty much don't use it and rarely even turn it on. I once used it to enter an online competiton, and got all the money stolen off it as a result - so now I know better than to use it like that again!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby welshben23 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:52 pm

I love my Galaxy S2, it's the best phone I've ever owned. To be honest I think I use it more than my P.C.
welshben23

Postby !Amz! » Thu May 09, 2013 4:32 pm

welshben23 wrote:I love my Galaxy S2, it's the best phone I've ever owned. To be honest I think I use it more than my P.C.

I have this phone too, totally agree with you. I use mine a hell of a lot more than my laptop too. Only thing is mine's running a little slow now, but I'm hoping it'll last till next March when my upgrade is due.
!Amz!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri May 10, 2013 12:26 am

Ariel wrote:I don't get the current obsession with mobile phones either! I've got one as I drive long distances and it's to call the breakdown service if I am unlucky enough to break down, I occasionally use it to ask for directions when I am looking for an address, otherwise I pretty much don't use it and rarely even turn it on. I once used it to enter an online competiton, and got all the money stolen off it as a result - so now I know better than to use it like that again!

I use my cell phone all the time. I don't even have a house phone anymore.
CatNamedRudy

Postby woggle » Fri May 10, 2013 12:57 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Ariel wrote:I don't get the current obsession with mobile phones either! I've got one as I drive long distances and it's to call the breakdown service if I am unlucky enough to break down, I occasionally use it to ask for directions when I am looking for an address, otherwise I pretty much don't use it and rarely even turn it on. I once used it to enter an online competiton, and got all the money stolen off it as a result - so now I know better than to use it like that again!

I use my cell phone all the time. I don't even have a house phone anymore.

I only use the house phone ... anyone i need to talk to is either on threr or i can message thru FB on the home computer . I used to have a a mobile but ended up wasting the money on there thru lack of use so never bothered any more .
woggle

Postby woggle » Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Bloody chasing up a refund .... i hate doing that sort of thing but its gone past the days they said it was goin bto be in my account so im having to kick arse!!!!! :x
woggle

Postby !Amz! » Thu May 16, 2013 3:17 pm

Had a meeting at another Specsavers today about a transfer given all the mental health job hunting doesn't seem to be going well. The good news is I have a job waiting for me when we move back home :)
!Amz!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri May 17, 2013 12:50 am

That's good Amz! At least you'll have some income until you can find something in mental health.

I didn't get a job in my field until two years after I graduated from university. (college to us here in the US)
CatNamedRudy

Postby !Amz! » Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks Cat :) I think I'm going to have to do some more study unfortunately. Every job I've looked into want higher qualifications than what I've got, and while I don't want to do anymore study, I also don't think optics is for me anyway!
!Amz!

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I found out about this yesterday:

http://news.techeye.net/internet/wackyp ... agan-purge

"Wikipedia has admitted that one of its editors has been conducting a campaign to purge the encyclopaedia of all references to the occult and modern pagans.

The problem was first flagged by the pagan community in November last year when it appeared that someone had been flagging articles for deletion relating to Pagan authors, events, and notable figures."

I've been following it and the editor in question is a complete bigot. A pagan blogger quoted this editor as describing witches, for example, as "mentally ill, delusional people who are worshiping Satan" and as "aging, overweight, chanting devil worshippers belly-dancing around the redwood trees."

To quote what I said on facebook - What a bigot. This prejudice against pagans, witches and occultists is sickening. His description of us is ludicrous and indicates that, like so many other intolerant people, he has very little knowledge of the subject and the people to which he is directing his ire. I'm into occultism and I'm neither mentally ill, delusional or an aging, chanting devil worshipper and neither are my friends who are also pagans or witches or occultists.

The reason this has bothered me is because it further confirms my viewpoint that people such as pagans, occultists and witches, plus practitioners of alternative spiritual paths, are a minority group that is subject to similar kinds of bigotry, abuse and (in some cases) persecution, from which other minority groups suffer. I think a lot of us have been rather wimpish for too long and need to stand up for ourselves and fight against the prejudice.

I agree with Craig Weiler's views on the matter in this blog post - http://weilerpsiblog.wordpress.com/2011 ... -minority/ - a little different, as his topic is psychic people, but it's a similar sort of thing.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Patrick » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:...delusional people who are worshiping Satan" and as "aging, overweight, chanting devil worshippers belly-dancing around the redwood trees...

Actually, I'd have imagined witches to be rather slim in order to ride that broom...

:lol:

I am joking, I couldn't care less either way, and same goes for the catholics... and the protestants, and the spaghetti worshippers and you can add the clowns with tin foil hats for good measure...

Just to show that I don't discriminate...

Anybody who thinks that some delusion from the past (or the present) is worth wasting time and resources on is about the same in my book.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue May 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Patrick wrote:Anybody who thinks that some delusion from the past (or the present) is worth wasting time and resources on is about the same in my book.

Would you see me as delusional, then? I identify as an occultist, and am convinced of the validity of spirits, the afterlife, magick, faeries, and many other things.

I've practiced magick myself and have had some successful results. I don't agree that it's all a delusion. I've seen and read enough (including some pretty compelling evidence for some paranormal phenomena) to have come to the opinion that it can't *all* be explained away by a purely materialistic approach.

I would also say that most of us witches, pagans and occultists have a lot of fun with our practices - so in that sense, we're not wasting our time on them. Even if we *are* wrong and this stuff is non-existent (and I don't think that is the case)- but even if that's how it is, as long as we're all having fun and enjoying ourselves, our time is being well spent.

I increasingly find myself more and more disturbed by the sheer bigotry towards psychics, witches and occultists from people in this day and age. I worry that a time may be coming when we'll be persecuted en masse. For some time now, I've been toying with the idea of organising 'Psychic Pride' marches and events. The gay community has made great strides in the last few decades and I think psychics and witches need to follow in their footsteps. If we copy what the gay community has done, then maybe psychics and witches will become more accepted and the prejudice against us will decrease.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Patrick » Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:...Would you see me as delusional, then? I identify as an occultist, and am convinced of the validity of spirits, the afterlife, magick, faeries, and many other things...

Yes I would but then again no more so than I would a christian for example. Unlike a christian I don't discriminate in that area. A christian would consider your belief to be an inferior kind of belief, for some reason they take pride in the prejudice that says that believing in one god (which technically they don't by the way with that trinity bullshit of theirs) is somehow superior to believing is a less centralized kind of divinity. I call them pompous fools for that and in that sense I am definitely less against you than they are. In fact I am rather neutral in that area. People will do what they do, regardless and often in spite of other people's judgement, no matter how well founded.

But my freedom of expression allows me to express my opinion about these things, which I did.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:49 pm

:twisted: 'Sup dudes? :D
Forever Jung

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion