Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Stupid things you did when you were kids

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Nope. I was always the good one between my sister and me.

Really? I always thought you'd have been a bit of a troublemaker, and a cheeky little monkey.

Did your sister torment you? That does seem to be the job of an older sibling.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:27 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Did your sister torment you? That does seem to be the job of an older sibling.

Relentlessly. Hey, maybe that's why I keep picking on you all these years later! :lol:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Relentlessly. Hey, maybe that's why I keep picking on you all these years later! :lol:

Shouldn't you be taking out your frustration on the person resposible? :)

Besides, I bet you were just as mean to your sister. Younger siblngs are often annoying.
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Davey Boy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:20 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Relentlessly. Hey, maybe that's why I keep picking on you all these years later! :lol:

Shouldn't you be taking out your frustration on the person resposible? :)

Besides, I bet you were just as mean to your sister. Younger siblngs are often annoying.

Ah the complex issues of sibbling development. I was looking at some old photos the other day at my mums house and I could really see how my kid brother looked up to me. I am quite protective of him now really, although he's old enough to look after himself, but if he was ever in trouble I would bend over backwards to help him. We always got on well, although we did fight and squable, my favourite move was pinning him down, using my legs to hold down his arms, which left my arms free to tickle/poke/punch him, depending on my mood :wink:
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby Rodge » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:24 pm

Davey Boy wrote:Ah the complex issues of sibbling development. I was looking at some old photos the other day at my mums house and I could really see how my kid brother looked up to me. I am quite protective of him now really, although he's old enough to look after himself, but if he was ever in trouble I would bend over backwards to help him. We always got on well, although we did fight and squable, my favourite move was pinning him down, using my legs to hold down his arms, which left my arms free to tickle/poke/punch him, depending on my mood :wink:

Ahh big brothers - I love the way they call viscious use of the hands as "tickle & poke"! :shock:
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:30 pm

Bee Gees Fan wrote:Besides, I bet you were just as mean to your sister. Younger siblngs are often annoying.

My younger sister's 23 now, and we still argue! When she was about eight, she'd sit on the other side of the room from me, and yell out to mum in the kitchen "Ow! She hit me, mum!"

Actually I hadn't touched her, but the amount of times I'd get told off... hmph!
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:32 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:My best friend Mark and I used to disappear off together for the whole day together, playing 'Valley of Adventure'(don't be rude, BN) on the heath.

Sounds fun, can I play? :wink:

:roll:

Actually, as we grew up together and we were naturally curious, there were some less than innocent games too! :?
I know they're only moments... but that's all life is - just a bunch of moments. Molly, in 'Life Stinks'
Dorset Girl

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:23 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:
Dorset Girl wrote:My best friend Mark and I used to disappear off together for the whole day together, playing 'Valley of Adventure'(don't be rude, BN) on the heath.

Sounds fun, can I play? :wink:

:roll:

Actually, as we grew up together and we were naturally curious, there were some less than innocent games too! :?

Jammy bastard. It wouldn't be an Enid Blyton 'adventure' I'd be having in your valley, either! :wink:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:Jammy bastard. It wouldn't be an Enid Blyton 'adventure' I'd be having in your valley, either! :wink:

:shock: The Famous Five are appalled.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Dorset Girl » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:42 pm

It wasn't that bad, we were only young, after all! Just a bit of 'you show me yours if I show you mine', that's all.

BN, we seem to have a knack of degenerating each and every thread into innuendo. :shock: Sorry BGF. :(
Dorset Girl

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:46 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:Sorry BGF. :(

Hey, I'm cool, sister. Innuendo away.

Bee Gees Fan

Postby Rodge » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 pm

Dorset Girl wrote:It wasn't that bad, we were only young, after all! Just a bit of 'you show me yours if I show you mine', that's all.

BN, we seem to have a knack of degenerating each and every thread into innuendo. :shock: Sorry BGF. :(

Ah ha, see; it's not just me! :)
My fine is over £700 !! (",)
Rodge

Postby Slayer13 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:55 pm

AH, I remember when I was a lot younger and me and my cousins (Who were older than me) had an odd obsession with fireworks. So we went outside and lit some bottlerockets and many more, basically a whole basket full of fun explosives. We shot them and I accidentally shot a huge one, it was amazing at first, it sparkled through the sky, and landed in my neighbors garden. Soon after that I don't know what happened but we shot more that way, soon enough her garden ignited. It wasn't a bad fire, but it took out a chunk of her flowers. We got scared and ran inside. I geuss that was a pretty dumb thing to do, but I was young and at the time, me and my cousins thought it was a good idea. So later we got busted, and apologized, and helped clean up our mess.
"If I see the morning hours, I'll have one more yesterday. A dateline from tommorow 'cause I burned up my today.
If I get up to the top I know, I'll just go back downhill. Got a terminal future and it's time to write my will." -Dave Mustaine
Slayer13

Postby ouroboros » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 am

Well not so much kids as around 15 or 16 and usually when a little drunk at parties. Set your sock on fire - with your foot in it :shock:

No seriously it's perfectly safe. Just take a match/lighter whatever and hold it to your foot. The flame just shoots around your sock for a bit and then goes out. It doesn't always work though, I think it depends on either how 'bobbly' your sock is or how sweaty your foot is. One of those things are either good or bad for the effect. Eh I can't remember now. Give me a bit of time for some trial and error and I'll let you know!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth". Oscar Wilde
ouroboros

Re: Stupid things you did when you were kids

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:41 am

rode a motorbike into a house
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby woggle » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Annoy the horses on the local common untill they chased after us so we had to duck and cover ..lol very stupid!
woggle

Postby Forever Jung » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:10 pm

:twisted: I don't remember anything really dumb from my childhood off the top of my head, but funny enough the same dumbass thing happened to both my dad and to Meat Loaf when they were kids.

When they were younger they both played cowboys and indians (not together of course :lol: )

My dad and his friend decided the game wasn't real enough, and so they took the suckers off the toy arrows and put them in a sharpener to make them nice and pointy.
Several thousand miles west, Meat and his friend had come to the same conclussion.

Meat took one to the forhead and stood there with the arrow sticking out of his head.

My dad took one to the eye.
He was very lucky not to lose it, and it made things more difficult when he had to have an operation on his eye a couple of years ago.
Luckilly the operation was a success.

Thinking about it, Meat is two years younger than my dad, and if you assume they were roughly the same age when it happened, there can't have been much difference time wise.

Just goes to show that kids on both sides of the Atlantic can be real dumbasses :lol:
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby !Amz! » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:30 pm

I remember specifically when I was about 8 or 9, me and my friend Tamara built a house out of Lego and played 'Big Brother' - and for voting we'd go round her house asking her sister and her mum and dad who they preferred :lol:
!Amz!

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion