Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The Best Comedy DVD In The World

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

The Best Comedy DVD In The World

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm

Has anyone else bought this? I saw it at HMV earlier and picked up a copy. It's only £9.99 and all the proceeds go to Unicef's Tsunami Children's Appeal. 2 Hours long, the DVD contains an amazing selection from the following:

The Office, Richard Pryor, Monty Python's Life Of Brian, Monty Python And The Holy Grail, Little Britain, Ed Byrne, American Pie, Father Ted, Spaced, Max And Paddy's Road To Nowhere, The Royle Family, Black Books, Wallace & Gromit, Kenny Everett, Men Behaving Badly, Harvie Krumpet, Rising Damp - The Movie, Bo' Selecta!, Peter Cook & Dudley Moore - The Very Best Of Goodbye Again, Carry On Camping, Tommy Cooper, Jimmy Carr Live, Laurel & Hardy, The Blues Brothers, Uncle Buck, Creature Comforts, On The Beat, Liar Liar, The Producers, Have I Got News For You, Spike Milligan, Phoenix Nights, At Last The 1948 Show, Do Not Adjust Your Set, Lily Savage, Max Boyce, Joe Pasquale, The Marx Brothers, Bob Hope, Taxi, Privates On Parade, Withnail & I, Fawlty Towers.

Phew! I must say that having clips from At Last The 1948 Show and Do Not Adjust Your Set on DVD was enough for me to buy this. Not sure what the hell 'Harvie Krumpet' is or if 'Taxi' is the Cheers predecessor or something else of the same name but a pretty extraordinary line up and all for a good cause too.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Re: The Best Comedy DVD In The World

Postby secret » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:20 pm

Little Britain - red nose day dvd special out now in HMV at £4.99. Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
secret

Postby Ali 75 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:12 am

That looks good Jocelyn. I like Taxi, in fact there is something for everyone on there isn't there? Good price for it too. Thanks for the heads-up[:]:-))[/:]
Ali 75

Postby Jocelyn » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Watched it last night. Good fun, although it was clearly put together in a hurry. Richard Pryor has no less than three clips on it and as he gets thanked in the DVD credits I assume he had a hand in organising it. Taxi isn't the pre-Cheers sitcom but seems to be a film of the same name. The '1948 Show' clip is the classic "Four Yorkshiremen" sketch which is great to have.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Return to Off Topic Discussion