Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Invisible Frasier Characters?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Invisible Frasier Characters?

Postby domi_dot_com » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:53 am

I was just watching Here's looking at you and noticed at the end that we never actually see Irene. Apart from the obvious Maris, are there many other characters central to an episode or brought up in conversation several times that we never actually get to see?
5HRINK
domi_dot_com

Re: Invisible Frasier Characters?

Postby Patrick » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:43 am

Derek Mann,an important character that we never see. He wants to beat up Frasier but is prevented to do so by the police (that Martin called discreetly). He's then mentioned a few times throughout the series.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Nice idea for a thread!
There's Martin's old friend from the police, Mickey Dougan (if I got the name right), whom I'd like to see (his wife as well, whose bra is big enough to fit a horse).
Daphne's brother Billy, though he must have been in that scene when they all burst into her room in SBSB.
Can't remember any more, but it will come to me sooner or later :).
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Allystare » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm

One thing you will eventually discover is how sparingly a lot of the characters on the show were used. I am talking about the guest characters. They show up in one episode, disappear entirely, but are referred through various others ones and have a role left. Take Roger for instance. He shows up in only one episode even though Roz is supposedly dating him for several. This is one of the things that really annoys me. How cheap they were with their guest talent. A lot of them could/should have been invited for 2-3 episodes. They all became invisible character so to speak.
Allystare

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Roz's sister is shown twice and she's relatively consistent both times. Roz' mother is referred to, countless times and only shown once. Roz's daughter on the other hand is seen more than a couple of times and played by different actors too, so is Freddy, btw. Daphne's mother is seen many times, maybe a little too many. she's even shown once in the 11th season where she says, ONE short line only. Odd for such a talkative character, btw.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Allystare wrote:One thing you will eventually discover is how sparingly a lot of the characters on the show were used. I am talking about the guest characters. They show up in one episode, disappear entirely, but are referred through various others ones and have a role left. Take Roger for instance. He shows up in only one episode even though Roz is supposedly dating him for several. This is one of the things that really annoys me. How cheap they were with their guest talent. A lot of them could/should have been invited for 2-3 episodes. They all became invisible character so to speak.

Yeah, I've always thought the actor who played Roger was a very good choice for Roz's boyfriend, and I'd hoped they'd end up together, so it's a real shame he wasn't used more.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:42 am

PistolPoet wrote:
Allystare wrote:One thing you will eventually discover is how sparingly a lot of the characters on the show were used. I am talking about the guest characters. They show up in one episode, disappear entirely, but are referred through various others ones and have a role left. Take Roger for instance. He shows up in only one episode even though Roz is supposedly dating him for several. This is one of the things that really annoys me. How cheap they were with their guest talent. A lot of them could/should have been invited for 2-3 episodes. They all became invisible character so to speak.

Yeah, I've always thought the actor who played Roger was a very good choice for Roz's boyfriend, and I'd hoped they'd end up together, so it's a real shame he wasn't used more.

Actually, he was too well balanced to be a good recurring character for the show. Note how the only ones that come back have some disturbing character flaws, Bebe, Daphne's mother, her brother Simon, Lana/Lorna, Roz' sister, to name a few.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion