Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier Gotta Have It- Caitlin

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Frasier Gotta Have It- Caitlin

Postby frasier floyd » Fri May 31, 2013 6:24 pm

It always feels a little weird to watch this episode just because I apparently have some commonalities with Caitlin. I studied sculpture in art school and often made various collages of found objects, including natural wood. After dealing with various health concerns, I've tried cutting meat, dairy, alcohol and most processed foods from my diet (though I do eat meat now). I've never tried catching mice for my work, but I once used some dead bees and some various aspects of my body. My natural body 'rhythm' is aligned with the full moon, though I don't do anything to recognize it. Also, my name is Katelyn.

Although Caitlin is a two-dimensional, stereotypical "free spirit" character who I'm not actually like at all, it's still strange to watch this episode, especially since they also tease her. What's possibly most strange is that she and Frasier had a thing. I love watching Frasier but I could never have a relationship with someone like him!
frasier floyd

Re: Frasier Gotta Have It- Caitlin

Postby Patrick » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 pm

Did you know that the actress who plays Caitlin, plays a man on Ally mcbeal for several episodes(a man that looks like a woman of course) but she's so convincing in that role that I can't help thinking of that part when I see her in another role.

It's like Daphne says "the first idea you have of something always takes precedence". (in that episode where they are trying to find a name for their child to write on the application to a school).
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Ariel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Patrick wrote:Did you know that the actress who plays Caitlin, plays a man on Ally mcbeal for several episodes(a man that looks like a woman of course) but she's so convincing in that role that I can't help thinking of that part when I see her in another role.

It's like Daphne says "the first idea you have of something always takes precedence". (in that episode where they are trying to find a name for their child to write on the application to a school).

Seriously!! I used to be quite an Ali McBeal fan - but never could forgive her for marrying Indiana Jones ( I wanted him lol)!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby frasier floyd » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Oh yea! She also played Lisa Cuddy on House, which is how I knew her before seeing her on Frasier.
frasier floyd

Return to Frasier Discussion