Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Season Eleven

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Season Eleven

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Watching this at the moment and it somehow seems to have a different feel to it, almost as though it has lost some of the lightheartedness. Did the cast know that this was the last season? Was it their choice to stop or was it cancelled?
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Re: Season Eleven

Postby Patrick » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:03 pm

Ariel wrote:Watching this at the moment and it somehow seems to have a different feel to it, almost as though it has lost some of the lightheartedness. Did the cast know that this was the last season? Was it their choice to stop or was it cancelled?

Cheers has run for eleven seasons too. I hear there's more than a coincidence.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Wyokie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 am

Patrick wrote:
Ariel wrote:Watching this at the moment and it somehow seems to have a different feel to it, almost as though it has lost some of the lightheartedness. Did the cast know that this was the last season? Was it their choice to stop or was it cancelled?

Cheers has run for eleven seasons too. I hear there's more than a coincidence.

So did M*A*S*H . I've kinda have a theory that no comedy show can go past 11 seasons outta respect for M*A*S*H.
Wyokie

Postby Paraprax » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

Never really thought Season 11 felt different. Frasier truly got better and better with age, IMO.
Paraprax

Postby Wyokie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:56 pm

I'll say this. How they wrapped up the Maris overall storyline with her being accused of killing her Latin lover and escape to a private island where the U.S. can't bring her back was brilliant writing.
Wyokie

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Wyokie wrote:I'll say this. How they wrapped up the Maris overall storyline with her being accused of killing her Latin lover and escape to a private island where the U.S. can't bring her back was brilliant writing.

Yup, it was dramatic and over the top, just like Maris was :).
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Wyokie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Wyokie wrote:I'll say this. How they wrapped up the Maris overall storyline with her being accused of killing her Latin lover and escape to a private island where the U.S. can't bring her back was brilliant writing.

Exactly. LOL :lol:
Wyokie

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 am

Wyokie wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:

It's amazing that she picked up the jail lingo and even managed to make friends with her cell-mates, though. :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Wyokie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Patrick wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:Yup, it was dramatic and over the top, just like Maris was :).

It's amazing that she picked up the jail lingo and even managed to make friends with her cell-mates, though. :D

Considering how high-brow she was, I'm amazed as well. LOL

I though the final toast to her was done very well.
Wyokie

Postby Ariel » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:10 pm

Yes, it was a nice way of Maris having a happy ending too! It's almost as though they all went a bit mad in Season 11 though, sort of, well this is the end so lets do all the daft things we haven't dared do up to now - eg Frasier in a nappy, Frasier in a clown suit, sort of thing!! The humour seemed to be more obvious and more in your face, whereas the other seasons it was a more gentle, subtle humour. But I'm rather glad that they did really, might as well go out in style and end with a bang and not a whimper.
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Ariel wrote:Yes, it was a nice way of Maris having a happy ending too! It's almost as though they all went a bit mad in Season 11 though, sort of, well this is the end so lets do all the daft things we haven't dared do up to now - eg Frasier in a nappy, Frasier in a clown suit, sort of thing!! The humour seemed to be more obvious and more in your face, whereas the other seasons it was a more gentle, subtle humour. But I'm rather glad that they did really, might as well go out in style and end with a bang and not a whimper.

...unlike Frasier's aborted relationship with Honey Snowe. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion