Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier's House Question!

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Frasier's House Question!

Postby Ariel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:22 pm

I always laugh when the characters go into the kitchen for private discussions as it appears to be not so much a room, more a bit of the living room divided off by shelves and it can't possibly be soundproof! So my question - is this a typical kitchen for that sort of flat - it has such big bedrooms I don't see why the kitchen is so tiny.
Plus, they have all these lovely bathrooms, but no washing machine?? Surely people in luxury flats don't all have to go to a laundry to do their washing??
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Re: Frasier's House Question!

Postby PistolPoet » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:27 pm

Same thing with Niles's kitchen - for an old, fancy building like the Montana, I'd have expected a kitchen that can fit a chef and ten servants, plus a dining room with one of those loooong old tables for forty people :). I'm exaggerating, of course, but it really is tiny for a three-floor flat.

About the washing machine, in The Love You Fake, I think, we find out that Frasier has a "hat museum" where the place for the washing machine is.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

It's the sit com cone of silence! It's just one of those things that happens in TV shows. Walk 5 feet away and nobody can hear you. :lol:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:30 pm

PistolPoet wrote:Same thing with Niles's kitchen - for an old, fancy building like the Montana, I'd have expected a kitchen that can fit a chef and ten servants, plus a dining room with one of those loooong old tables for forty people :). I'm exaggerating, of course, but it really is tiny for a three-floor flat.

About the washing machine, in The Love You Fake, I think, we find out that Frasier has a "hat museum" where the place for the washing machine is.

Niles' kitchen magically gets bigger in Daphne Does Dinner. Suddenly there's a back door and a pantry big enough for Frasier to fit in.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:Same thing with Niles's kitchen - for an old, fancy building like the Montana, I'd have expected a kitchen that can fit a chef and ten servants, plus a dining room with one of those loooong old tables for forty people :). I'm exaggerating, of course, but it really is tiny for a three-floor flat.

Niles' kitchen magically gets bigger in Daphne Does Dinner. Suddenly there's a back door and a pantry big enough for Frasier to fit in.

In Chess pains, Frasier's room is right next to Daphne's. That seems weird compared to how they usually are situated, that is with two corridors between them.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Ariel » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 pm

I always thought that Martin's room was next to Frasiers, and then daphne's was down the other hall, can't imagine how they fit all the bathrooms in. Numpty question I know, but are there several flats on each floor or just one? The best house was of course the one that Meris had!
Did Daphne move houses after she had her daughter? She was in a flat, then when she is going out with the refuse collector she seems to have one with a back street where the dustbins are.
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby frasier floyd » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey Ariel, there are multiple apartments on each floor. In one episode, Regan's apartment is across the hall from Frasier's to the left of the elevator. I don't think we can ever see or go down the rest of the hall though, so I'm not sure how many more there were. His place is definitely huge though! Sorry i can't answer the last questions though, as I haven't seen those later episodes in a while.
frasier floyd

Postby PistolPoet » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes, Roz moved when she was pregnant, in Roz and the Schnoz she complains that she can't yet move into her new flat, so she stays with Frasier for a weekend.
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:42 pm

PistolPoet wrote:Yes, Roz moved when she was pregnant, in Roz and the Schnoz she complains that she can't yet move into her new flat, so she stays with Frasier for a weekend.

Yes, she used to have a much smaller place. As Bull dog once said "The whole place is a bedroom."
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Eddie2012 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:21 am

Patrick wrote:In Chess pains, Frasier's room is right next to Daphne's. That seems weird compared to how they usually are situated, that is with two corridors between them.

I'll never understand where this perception comes from. In my opinion Daphne clearly comes running through the little passageway we normally see from the living room, the one on the left with the ****chenberg poster at the end.
She also appears a little later that Martin/Frasier as she has to run from her own room through the living room area to Martin's and Frasier's hallway. And she would run towards this side of the apartment as it wasn't the smoke alarm in her own room (or one in the living room/kitchen area) that went off.
Last edited by Eddie2012 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie2012

Postby PistolPoet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
Patrick wrote:In Chess pains, Frasier's room is right next to Daphne's. That seems weird compared to how they usually are situated, that is with two corridors between them.

I'll never understand where this perception comes from. In my opinion Daphne clearly comes running through the little passageway we normally see from the living room, the one on the left with the ****chenberg poster at the end.
She also appears a little later that Martin/Frasier as she has to run from her own room through the living room area to Martin's and Frasier's hallway. And she would run towards this side of the apartment as it wasn't the smoke alarm in her own room (one one in the living room/kitchen area) that went off.

I agree! She very obviously comes into the hall from the living room.
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:29 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Eddie2012 wrote:

She also appears a little later that Martin/Frasier as she has to run from her own room through the living room area to Martin's and Frasier's hallway. And she would run towards this side of the apartment as it wasn't the smoke alarm in her own room (one one in the living room/kitchen area) that went off.

I agree! She very obviously comes into the hall from the living room.

Yep. She comes from across the living room into the hallway.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Roverman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:15 pm

That kitchen is amazing from a sound perspective. As a kitchen in which Frasier prepares gourmet meals it's a joke as its simply way too small!
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:It's the sit com cone of silence! It's just one of those things that happens in TV shows. Walk 5 feet away and nobody can hear you. :lol:

:D I always love it in sitcom world. Frasier's kitchen is amazing. Same with his front door that, when closed, can act as sound barrier or carrier for the people either side of it!
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:In my opinion Daphne clearly comes running through the little passageway we normally see from the living room, the one on the left with the ****chenberg poster at the end.

Is Rauschenberg a swear word to you? I don't think he's that bad :wink:
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Eddie2012 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:27 pm

No, I just never figuerd out the letters before ****chenberg. Who he/she is /was Rauschenberg?
(Is **** always a substitute for swearword(s)? I used the stars as placeholders)
Eddie2012

Postby Ariel » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Just watched the one where they are trying to get a new housekeeper, and Martin finishes up doing all the housework - in this one they seem to have got a washing machine, but it's not in the kitchen???? So it's whereever Frasier had his hat museum??? While I'm finding answers to all the things that puzzle me, I must ask if the fire with the big chimney in the living room is meant to be a real one or is it fake flames. Also a dog question - what happened to Niles' whippet?
Ariel

Postby PistolPoet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Ariel wrote:Just watched the one where they are trying to get a new housekeeper, and Martin finishes up doing all the housework - in this one they seem to have got a washing machine, but it's not in the kitchen???? So it's whereever Frasier had his hat museum??? While I'm finding answers to all the things that puzzle me, I must ask if the fire with the big chimney in the living room is meant to be a real one or is it fake flames. Also a dog question - what happened to Niles' whippet?

In The Love You Fake, Daphne is angry at Frasier for having a hat museum instead of a washing machine, so she blackmails him, and he agrees to install one, so I guess his hats had to go :).

And they do make fires in a few episodes, so apparently it's a real chimney.

The four-legged Maris was given away because they didn't allow cats or dogs in the Montana, which is why Niles ended up buying that damned bird :).
PistolPoet

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:00 am

They use the fireplace but I think it's a gas fireplace. I've never seen them "build" a fire in it and most of those style buildings wouldn't have a natural wood burning fireplace.
CatNamedRudy

Postby PistolPoet » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:13 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:They use the fireplace but I think it's a gas fireplace. I've never seen them "build" a fire in it and most of those style buildings wouldn't have a natural wood burning fireplace.

That's true, plus it's not very likely that Frasier would allow something dirty like wood or coal in his flat.
PistolPoet

Return to Frasier Discussion