Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Frasier or Niles?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Frasier or Niles?

Postby frasier floyd » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:39 pm

Whisper of cinnamon wrote:
frasier floyd wrote: Maybe Frasier would go on to meet the elusive perfect woman for him in San Fran... :)

Just to mention, Frasier didn't go to San Fran! It's built up so we think that's what's happening, but in the final moments on the plane you hear the announcement that they've arrived in Chicago - Frasier followed his heart to try and make it work with Charlotte. Whether or not this worked out, of course, is left up to the viewer!

Oh, thank you for letting me know! I missed that. I like the ending more now.
frasier floyd

Postby Whisper of cinnamon » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:27 pm

frasier floyd wrote:
Whisper of cinnamon wrote:
frasier floyd wrote: Maybe Frasier would go on to meet the elusive perfect woman for him in San Fran... :)

Just to mention, Frasier didn't go to San Fran! It's built up so we think that's what's happening, but in the final moments on the plane you hear the announcement that they've arrived in Chicago - Frasier followed his heart to try and make it work with Charlotte. Whether or not this worked out, of course, is left up to the viewer!

Oh, thank you for letting me know! I missed that. I like the ending more now.

No problem! :)

Like you, I'm not a big fan of S11 (in comparison to the near-perfect first 7 seasons), but I do think they got the ending to Frasier's story just right!
Whisper of cinnamon

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Fraise Fan wrote:actually, to answer a question on nudity in US TV, topless happens all the time on Showtime and other some other movie channels. But major networks flat out will not allow that. Actually, that's the FCC that won't allow it.

It's always amused/bemused me about how hysterical people seem to get about a bit of bare human flesh being shown on network tv, but show dozens of people being blown away, hacked to bits, beaten up, run over and generally disposed of in a variety of bloody manners and nobody bats an eyelid.

The nonsense over Janet Jackson at the Superbowl, a few years back, summed it up.

Anyway, as much as i enjoy Niles on the show it's Frasier that gets my vote for preferred character. While they can similarly be aggravating and sympathetic, Frasier's (obviously) more central role - and the need for him to be the foil for everybody else in the show to work off - makes, for me, a slightly more rounded and enjoyable character.

And he should have been corkmaster, goddammit! :D
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby soundasleepx » Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 pm

I think currently I would have to say Niles, but my opinion changes often. Also the fact that I seem to have developed a small crush on Niles doesn't help this time, either.
"Niles you gossipy fishwife!"
soundasleepx

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion