Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Where have you seen them?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Where have you seen them?

Postby Hakunila » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:56 pm

I just watched "Wall Street" (That Michael Douglas/Charlie Sheen - movie) and there was that french store owner in few scenes.

edit:

French Store Owner Robert : François Giroday
Frasier episode : The Perfect Guy
Hakunila

Postby Roverman » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 pm

I am watching the Tom Hanks classic 'Big' and Josh's mom's voice sounded VERY familiar. Well its none other than Mercedes Ruehl (Kate Costas)!
Ben
UK based Frasier fan
Roverman

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:06 pm

I've re-watched MASH the movie the other day and I was surprised to recognize René Auberjonois, very young, IE Frasier's mentor in I think two episodes, maybe three. Many others in that movie had familiar faces but I didn't think of writing down whom they were.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:37 am

Here's an entire list of actors who appeared both in Seinfeld and Frasier, I can't believe there are so many :shock: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Christophee/common-actors-in-frasier-and-seinfeld
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Patrick » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:48 am

PistolPoet wrote:Here's an entire list of actors who appeared both in Seinfeld and Frasier, I can't believe there are so many :shock: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Christophee/common-actors-in-frasier-and-seinfeld

I've always meant to watch Seinfeld someday, I even bought the dvds some months ago. I never got around to it though, yet. As incredible as it may sound to you people, so far I've never seen even one of the episodes or even an excerpt of one, nothing!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm

I watched recently David Hyde Pierce play the main character in an episode of The Outer Limits the 22nd of Season 3 to be exact. He plays the part of a psychiatrist (hehe) who takes part in an experiment of a penal system based on virtual reality. The people think they are in prison when in reality they are run through a program (sort of like matrix). Anyway, because of a malfunction he ends up a virtual prisoner himself and becomes crazy in the end. What's funny is that he plays the same part as Niles except only on the tragic side, no humor whatsoever. He's bullied by the other virtual prisoners of the simulation the way Niles would have been and his reactions are very close to those of Niles. The episode was aired the first time in August 1996,that is between season 3 and season 4 of Frasier. The Outer Limits was a successful revival of the old series from the 60s, it lasted seven seasons which is remarkable.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby freewill » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:09 am

Van, the facilitator from Harassment Solutions in S10's 'The Harassed," was played by Mike Judge, creator of "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill".
"Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life!"
freewill

Postby Ariel » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Patrick wrote:
PistolPoet wrote:Here's an entire list of actors who appeared both in Seinfeld and Frasier, I can't believe there are so many :shock: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Christophee/common-actors-in-frasier-and-seinfeld

I've always meant to watch Seinfeld someday, I even bought the dvds some months ago. I never got around to it though, yet. As incredible as it may sound to you people, so far I've never seen even one of the episodes or even an excerpt of one, nothing!

I'd never even heard of it! lol
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby PistolPoet » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Ariel wrote:
Patrick wrote:

:shock: :o *faints*
Kidding, of course :) but it is one of the most iconic sitcoms in the history of television. Give it a look sometime, it might not seem terribly ingenious now, but when it started, it was revolutionary and loads of sitcoms borrowed elements from it.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby Giggsy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:57 am

I recently noticed Saul Rubinek (Donny Douglas) play a minor character in one or two episodes of the first season of Levarage.
Giggsy

Postby freewill » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:22 am

Kevin Kilner, who played Rick's father in "Roz and the Schnoz", appears in a few episodes of the American version of "House of Cards" on Netflix. It's the first time I can remember seeing this actor on anything other than Frasier, and from the looks of things they didn't need to add a whole lot of prosthesis to make his nose convincingly big.

"Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life!"
freewill

Postby Patrick » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 pm

freewill wrote:Kevin Kilner, who played Rick's father in "Roz and the Schnoz", appears in a few episodes of the American version of "House of Cards" on Netflix. It's the first time I can remember seeing this actor on anything other than Frasier, and from the looks of things they didn't need to add a whole lot of prosthesis to make his nose convincingly big.

He was very good in Frasier, his reactions greatly enhanced the humor of the situation, same thing about his female partner.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:31 pm

PistolPoet wrote:
Here's an entire list of actors who appeared both in Seinfeld and Frasier, I can't believe there are so many :shock: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Christophe ... d-seinfeld

I've never seen it. I notice there are re-runs at the moment but I don't think it was ever shown here initially. Same with Cheers which to my mind is just not that funny.
heartofmotion

Postby Frasiertime » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:14 pm

Just saw a clip with Kelsey Grammer playing a villain in the new Transformers movie to be released this summer.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Patrick » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:43 pm

I wonder if KG can play a real villain, one that dies in a fire or crushed by a rock at the end of the movie to the relief of everyone.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion