Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Found a continuity error

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Found a continuity error

Postby Kittysafe » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 am

I should get an award!

Pictionary episode in season 10.

The picture changes in the pictionary game with Frasier and Julia.

First picture: I think this one kinda looks like a Salvador Dali snowman...

Second picture: No dot markings exist anymore in the picture, I noticed it cos they were the snowman's eyes and nose.

Kittysafe

Re: Found a continuity error

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 am

Never paid that much attention to it. The squiggles on the bottom are different too. (among other things)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Kittysafe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:32 am

Another continuity error.

Early on in the show a patient falls for Niles and Frasier said that never happened to me, and Niles says it has happened to me many times or some such,
and Frasier becomes jealous.

Jump ahead to season 11 when Frasier asks Niles how many times a patient has fallen for him, he says 11, and Frasier says 13...

That can only be a writing faux pas.
Kittysafe

Postby Cat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:32 am

Another continuity error is the episode where Frasier has a cat and discovers he is becoming like some little old lady.

But in the episodes with Kate Costas, he tells her he is allergic to cats.
Cat

Postby Kittysafe » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:48 am

Ahhh good point! Frasier definitely was not allergic to cats in that episode. Good memory.
Kittysafe

Postby Allison Chains » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Cat wrote:Another continuity error is the episode where Frasier has a cat and discovers he is becoming like some little old lady.

But in the episodes with Kate Costas, he tells her he is allergic to cats.

Good observation! I don't know why but I love it when I find things like that lol.
Allison Chains

Postby Eddie2012 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 am

Not sure if these count as continuity errors, but anyway:

The Great Crane Robbery:
Todd, the new station owner, copies Frasiers apartment almost completely. Towards the end he pops into Frasiers apartment and wants to know "the name of the chick who made our couch" for someone from a style magazine. But unless I blacked out for a second there - his new couch is completely different from Frasiers?

Maris Returns/Murder Most Maris:

Daphne keeps harping on about how Maris interferred with their lives. From the transcripts: "after all she put us through", "that horrible woman has managed to slither her way back into our lives".
But - by the time Daphne came into the (relationship) equation, Maris was long gone. One might argue that she was referring to Maris making Niles life miserable, but even that she only witnessed as an outsider and only the last third.
It was as if she was talking about Mel. I found it weird.
Eddie2012

Postby Forever Jung » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:23 pm

:twisted: In one episode (don't remember which) Martin says he never had a brother, but then he attended the dinner to celebrate his brothers sons upcomming wedding.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Kittysafe » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:Not sure if these count as continuity errors, but anyway:

The Great Crane Robbery:
Todd, the new station owner, copies Frasiers apartment almost completely. Towards the end he pops into Frasiers apartment and wants to know "the name of the chick who made our couch" for someone from a style magazine. But unless I blacked out for a second there - his new couch is completely different from Frasiers?

Maris Returns/Murder Most Maris:

Daphne keeps harping on about how Maris interferred with their lives. From the transcripts: "after all she put us through", "that horrible woman has managed to slither her way back into our lives".
But - by the time Daphne came into the (relationship) equation, Maris was long gone. One might argue that she was referring to Maris making Niles life miserable, but even that she only witnessed as an outsider and only the last third.
It was as if she was talking about Mel. I found it weird.

I believe the thing with Maris was concerning when she killed someone and got Niles involved?
Kittysafe

Postby Cat » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:47 am

I found another error (this is fun!):

In the episode where Niles suspects that Maris is having an affair with her German fencing instructor, Frasier speaks in Spanish to the maid, who in turn speaks German to the instructor (and I never fail to laugh out loud at that entire scene).

Yet in an episode where Frasier meets Claire in the electronics store, they both speak in German to each other. :lol:
Cat

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 am

Cat wrote:I found another error (this is fun!):

In the episode where Niles suspects that Maris is having an affair with her German fencing instructor, Frasier speaks in Spanish to the maid, who in turn speaks German to the instructor (and I never fail to laugh out loud at that entire scene).

Yet in an episode where Frasier meets Claire in the electronics store, they both speak in German to each other. :lol:

That one always got me. Even more than the "Martin suddenly has a brother" error.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 am

Kittysafe wrote:I believe the thing with Maris was concerning when she killed someone and got Niles involved?

Yes, well, sure. But it still doesn't sit well with me. She says it as if it was another, one of many, 'Maris-episodes' when it wasn't (= involving the D/N relationship directly).

Cat wrote:they both speak in German to each other

but at least completely incomprehensibly (Claire) :D
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:41 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
Kittysafe wrote:I believe the thing with Maris was concerning when she killed someone and got Niles involved?

Yes, well, sure. But it still doesn't sit well with me. She says it as if it was another, one of many, 'Maris-episodes' when it wasn't (= involving the D/N relationship directly).

Cat wrote:they both speak in German to each other

but at least completely incomprehensibly (Claire) :D

True, someone who speaks German once told me that what they said didn't make any sense.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby stephenthom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Don't know if this counts..but just crossed my mind..in 'the good son', when martin's chair is brought in, he says 'you're going to have to run an extension cord over here so I can plug in the vibrating part' but there's an episode(forget) later on where frasier has him try out a replacement vibrating chair, and martin says 'that's disgusting!' Or words to that effect
stephenthom

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:56 pm

The other chair is actually a massage chair as opposed to just a vibrating chair.
CatNamedRudy

Postby stephenthom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Of course!memory flooding back
stephenthom

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I wonder if a "massage" chair has little fingers...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion