Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Bulldog and Roz

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Bulldog and Roz

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 am

Season 7, seeing them together, he with Alice, and their chemistry... honestly, they should have wound up together.
Kittysafe

Re: Bulldog and Roz

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 am

I have to admit that unlike David Hyde Pierce who looked like all he was thinking was "ewwwwww girl germs!" when he kissed Jane, Dan Butler could pull off the gay guy looking like he really enjoys kissing girls thing when he was with Peri.

I would not have minded Roz and Bulldog ending up together. I would have liked to have seen Roz with some type of long term boyfriend. Roger didn't count because he only appeared in one episode and it was a bad one!
Last edited by CatNamedRudy on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 am

Exactly, Peri Gilpin and Dan Butler had better chemistry than Jane Leeves and David Hyde Pierce
Kittysafe

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:45 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I have to admit that unlike David Hyde Pierce who looked like all he was thinking was "ewwwwww girl germs!" when he kissed Jane, Dan Butler could pull off the gay guy looking like he really enjoys kissing girls thing when he was with Peri.

True. But not all of DHP's kissing scenes are that bad. For the sake of his husband I hope not, but maybe he's just a bad kisser :idea:

CatNamedRudy wrote:I would not have minded Roz and Bulldog ending up together. I would have liked to have seen Roz with some type of long term boyfriend. Roger didn't count because he only appeared in one episode and it was a bad one!

I am not so sure about those two, they look funny together (shallow, eh? :) ). And two players ending up together, I don't know. I watched "The show were Sam shows up" yesterday and in it Sam and his girlfriend are both sexual compusives/players and end up cheating on each other from a very early stage onwards in their relationsship - I would image Roz and Bulldog (especially Bulldog) doing the same eventually. But a solid long-term relationship would have been nice for Roz after all.
Eddie2012

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I have to admit that unlike David Hyde Pierce who looked like all he was thinking was "ewwwwww girl germs!" when he kissed Jane, Dan Butler could pull off the gay guy looking like he really enjoys kissing girls thing when he was with Peri.

True. But not all of DHP's kissing scenes are that bad. For the sake of his husband I hope not, but maybe he's just a bad kisser :idea:

All of his kissing scenes with Jane are bad. I think it's just girls that he doesn't like kissing!

David and Jane had great chemistry before they were a couple. But after that, not so much.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:17 pm

I wouldn't call that chemistry... it was just Niles being silly and adorable and Daphne feigning cluelessness...
Kittysafe

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Kittysafe wrote:I wouldn't call that chemistry... it was just Niles being silly and adorable and Daphne feigning cluelessness...

But they worked together. They were funny and Niles pining for Daphne was great. He could do that puppy in love thing but as soon as that ended, so did most of the fun moments with Niles and Daphne.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:26 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Kittysafe wrote:I wouldn't call that chemistry... it was just Niles being silly and adorable and Daphne feigning cluelessness...

But they worked together. They were funny and Niles pining for Daphne was great. He could do that puppy in love thing but as soon as that ended, so did most of the fun moments with Niles and Daphne.

I think most people agree the Daphne/Niles love story was a double edged sword... it had to end eventually, but ending also ended one of the best things about the show.
Kittysafe

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:All of his kissing scenes with Jane are bad. I think it's just girls that he doesn't like kissing!

If that really is the case, then it unfortunaltey takes him a few pegs down on the list of good actors...
Eddie2012

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:19 pm

I think they're projecting, I never saw anything wrong wth David's kissing.
Kittysafe

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Well, it is a bit on the dispassionate side, I have to admit, especially given his seven year long period of pining for the love of his life (remember 'First Date'? He is briefly under the impression that Daphne reciprocrates his feelings and she hugs him dearly, but he kind of touches her only hesitately and then immediately puts a distance between himself and her but holding her hands/arms away from him. I always found this scene very odd).

But I don't think they were all like that, for example I can see nothing wrong with the piano lession scene.
Eddie2012

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:58 pm

S5: E20 - putting it on now. Brb

Update: Okay, you're right, he's very professional, I think it's just his awkwardness as an actor with a female.
Kittysafe

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Eddie2012 wrote:Well, it is a bit on the dispassionate side, I have to admit, especially given his seven year long period of pining for the love of his life (remember 'First Date'? He is briefly under the impression that Daphne reciprocrates his feelings and she hugs him dearly, but he kind of touches her only hesitately and then immediately puts a distance between himself and her but holding her hands/arms away from him. I always found this scene very odd).

But I don't think they were all like that, for example I can see nothing wrong with the piano lession scene.

I love that scene in Bla-Z-Boy but I still think DHP looks extremely uncomfortable kissing Jane passionately.
CatNamedRudy

Postby ShinChuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Kittysafe wrote:Season 7, seeing them together, he with Alice, and their chemistry... honestly, they should have wound up together.

I kind of thought that myself. That episode kind of change my perspective on Bulldog.
ShinChuck

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:

Exactly. You only have to watch First Date to see what great chemistry JL and DHP had on screen together. But yes, C3PO's a more convincing kisser than DHP...
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Return to Frasier Discussion