Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Modern Family

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Modern Family

Postby DHPfan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:15 am

Anyone here watch Modern Family? You know, the one written and produced by the one and only Christopher Lloyd? What do you think of it? I thought it was great, and I only realized why it was great after the 5th episode: It was written by Christopher Lloyd!! Anyone else share my sentiments?:)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Re: Modern Family

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:32 pm

I watch it. It's ok. I wouldn't say it was one of my favourite comedy shows around at the moment, though. I mainly tune in because of Ed O'Neill.

The Emmys seem to love it, anyway, as they shower it with awards and nominations.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I watch it on occasion. It's not "Must See" for me though. I don't quite get why everyone thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread. But then again, I never understood the love for The Office (US) either.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:58 am

DHPfan wrote:Anyone here watch Modern Family? You know, the one written and produced by the one and only Christopher Lloyd? What do you think of it? I thought it was great, and I only realized why it was great after the 5th episode: It was written by Christopher Lloyd!! Anyone else share my sentiments?:)

I am completely in agreeance with you! It is, IMHO, the best comedy on TV right now. I absolutely love it. They certainly deserved all of the awards they received. Cannot wait for the season premiere tomorrow night!
Lil

Postby DHPfan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:13 am

Ooh me too!!:) I won't be surprised if Modern Family ends up receiving 5 consecutive Emmys just like Frasier!!:)
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Tried again last night. I just don't see it. There are some amusing moments but I just don't think it's the funniest thing on television.

Guess I'll just add it to the list of TV shows that people go insane over that I don't get.

Lost
The Wire
The Office
Modern Family
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby DHPfan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:48 am

Hmm.. Really? Maybe you weren't watching the right episodes.. Did you watch the one that won the Emmy for best directing? It was called Caught in the act:) Or you should watch Halloween! That won for best writing:)
@Lil Finally! Another Modern Family fan!! My whole family totally does not understand my obsession with Modern Family.. Who's your fave? Mine has to be Mitchell n Cam:) Cam is soo hilarious:)
DHPfan

Postby john.dinsdale » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:38 pm

I like Modern Family, but I have noticed watching through them again that they have a managed to copy a few quotes and instances from Frasier episodes which annoyed me quite a bit. I know they are made by the same people or whatever the story is, but it just kind of bugged me that content from Frasier was copied into Modern Family.

An example is when Niles says to Frasier: "You're quite the bullshoy artist yourself" and then in Modern Family, Jay is talking to Manny's father and he says: "You're quite the bullfight artist yourself". There are some other examples that I can't think of right now, and I know that quote above is used by people quite commonly, but it just seemed strange because they were talking about or doing the exact same things in both instances. There are more examples which would clearly reveal Frasier content is being recycled into other shows.

Frasier is still the No. 1 sitcom to me and my favourite show. I've watched the whole series through over 3 times in the last 2 years and it never gets boring, even when you know what they're about to say it's still hillarious, something that many other sitcoms don't provide. It's just a shame they're trying to cash something from the worlds best sitcom, Frasier, into other sitcoms and shows. I'm not saying Modern Family is bad, I'm just saying that no one can copy Frasier with all of its glory.
"Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity" ~ Niles Crane
john.dinsdale

Return to Frasier Discussion