Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Fave Martin quote?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re:

Postby ChewbaccaMoses » Thu May 30, 2013 12:33 am

Lil wrote:The way he acts like an immature child in this scene is timeless....

Niles: You want me to get you a beer?
Martin: I don't like beer *sounds like a 4 year old while saying this*

:lol:

This one sounds hilarious but I can't recall the episode that it comes from. Anyone know? :(
ChewbaccaMoses

Re: Fave Martin quote?

Postby Cymru1991 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:14 pm

I believe that it's from "Head Game" (series 4?). Great episode! :)

The one when Niles gives therpay to Reggie MacLemore the Sonics star, only then to find that Reggie thinks that rubbing Niles' head is what's improved his game.
Cymru1991

Re: Re:

Postby kmm3 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:28 pm

ChewbaccaMoses wrote:
Lil wrote:The way he acts like an immature child in this scene is timeless....

Niles: You want me to get you a beer?
Martin: I don't like beer *sounds like a 4 year old while saying this*

:lol:

This one sounds hilarious but I can't recall the episode that it comes from. Anyone know? :(

I love that exchange too, and also the way Martin ends it:
Niles: "My ethics are my ethics. And by the way, where do you think I got those ethics?"
Martin: "Oh, yeah. Throw it back at me. That's real mature!"
kmm3

Postby Buttonsandbows » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:58 am

I love the one in Momma Mia when Niles is telling him about oedipal issues, denial, etc. and he says "argle gargle google goop" with the most straight face!
niles "...what?"
martin "now you know how it feels; what are you talking about?!" :P
Buttonsandbows

Postby heartofmotion » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 am

My favourite is 'All his crap is treasured!' when talking about Frasier's stuff, but I can't remember the episode or any details of the scene.
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 am

heartofmotion wrote:My favourite is 'All his crap is treasured!' when talking about Frasier's stuff, but I can't remember the episode or any details of the scene.

It's the episode where Frasier is missing a tape of his show that Daphne has accidentally destroyed and it turns out that Martin has damaged many of his knickknacks throughout the years. I think.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh, yes, I've found it now - from The Two Hundredth - after Frasier interrogates them in the bedroom about the Hall & Oates tape!

Daphne: I'm the one who ruined his treasured collection.
Martin: Oh, all his crap is treasured. But look, don't feel bad. I've broken lots of his stuff.
Daphne: I've never heard of you breaking anything.
Martin: That's because I know how to cover my tracks. Take a look at that fertility god statue over there. It used to be a lot more fertile, if you know what I mean.

I just love the way he says that line.
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

heartofmotion wrote:Oh, yes, I've found it now - from The Two Hundredth - after Frasier interrogates them in the bedroom about the Hall & Oates tape!

Martin: Oh, all his crap is treasured. But look, don't feel bad. I've broken lots of his stuff.
Daphne: I've never heard of you breaking anything.
Martin: That's because I know how to cover my tracks. Take a look at that fertility god statue over there. It used to be a lot more fertile, if you know what I mean.

I just love the way he says that line.

I wonder how Martin managed to break so many of Frasier's items. I mean, it's not like there isn't room enough to move around them. The only person that broke more than one item in my living room is a maid, and a bad one at that, that I ended up firing (One thing that I was really sore about is a piece of a jade chess set that's practically irreplaceable. I ended giving the whole set away, except for the missing rook of course. It was bugging the hell out of me) . What does Martin do in the apartment when The others are away, that breaks the breakables? Does he play baseball or something?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Quite easy to do when playing fetch with a dog! :roll:
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Postby Patrick » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Ariel wrote:Quite easy to do when playing fetch with a dog! :roll:

Well, then he would be really stupid to play fetch around Frasier's bibelots when there are dog parks outside. I think, even for Martin that would be particularly crass. Especially if he continued after he broke a couple of items. I know what I would do if I found out that someone I invited was throwing a ball in my living room. You don't want to know.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 am

Just watched The 2000th and my favourite line 'All his crap is treasured' was edited out! Since it's the only funny line in the scene it leaves a flat feeling - like something is missing, in fact!
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm

heartofmotion wrote:Daphne: I'm the one who ruined his treasured collection.

Just watched The 2000th and my favourite line 'All his crap is treasured' was edited out! Since it's the only funny line in the scene it leaves a flat feeling - like something is missing, in fact!

They just edited out that little sentence? I wonder why?
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:46 pm

I guess it was the pre-school version! :D :D :D
heartofmotion

Postby Patrick » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:20 pm

heartofmotion wrote:I guess it was the pre-school version! :D :D :D

I can't think of another explanation. Some prude thought it was more than he could stand... I hear, he also edited out the name "Uranus" from the planets... :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby heartofmotion » Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Just found a new personal favourite in Cranes Unplugged - 'What's with you and daybreak?' when Frasier keeps announcing melodramatically that they'll leave first thing.
heartofmotion

Postby Ariel » Sat May 31, 2014 1:17 pm

heartofmotion wrote:Just found a new personal favourite in Cranes Unplugged - 'What's with you and daybreak?' when Frasier keeps announcing melodramatically that they'll leave first thing.

That one made me laugh = a lot of the humour goes over my head because it involves baseball or wine or opera and I have no idea what they are on about - but sometimes I do get it!!
"Love is an awesome force. It can make us do things we never imagined were possible. For you see, we don't actually choose love- it chooses us. And once it has, we are powerless to do anything about it."
Ariel

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion