Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Did Frasier Jump The Shark?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Did Frasier Jump The Shark?

Postby stephenthom » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 am

Ha..'He graduated from the university of..grenada!'. Oh well just thought i'd share it. I'm really glad I came across this site..though I wish I had years ago too, from a look around you guys have covered so much! Having to rely on this site and transcript archives to feed my frasier urges at the moment.
stephenthom

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 pm

stephenthom wrote:Ha..'He graduated from the university of..grenada!'. Oh well just thought i'd share it.

:D Well worth posting. I like to read anyone's opinions on the show.

I'm really glad I came across this site..though I wish I had years ago too, from a look around you guys have covered so much! Having to rely on this site and transcript archives to feed my frasier urges at the moment.

And YouTube?
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby hansenkd » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

All 264 episodes are available on Netflix streaming, completely uncut.
hansenkd

Postby stephenthom » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Ah yeah I know thanks but I've just got a cheap data bundle on my mobile would eat it all up to watch episodes. Gonna buy boxset on ebay in a couple of weeks anyway will be like rediscovering it,cheers anyway
stephenthom

Re:

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Bee Gees Fan wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:Happy Days was unwatchable before, during and after it jumped the shark in my book!

But Ron Howard was quite nice to look at then. And he was very cute on The Andy Griffith Show, which practically no one in Britain has ever heard of.

Anyway, without Happy Days, we wouldn't have Mork and Mindy, and without Mork and Mindy, the excellent Robin Williams might not have come to fame, so we might be left without such good films as Dead Poets Society, Mrs Doubtfire and Jumangi (I liked Patch Adams too.)

And a world where Robin Williams isn't well-known would be a lesser place.

That was a cheap jibe of mine about Happy Days. It was certainly 'of it's time', but I don't think it's aged very well.

I always draw a Friends comparison with that show - I'm sure people will say the same things about it in 20 years...

Actually Happy Days was about a time a few decades earlier than the time during which it was shot. So it never actually was "of it's time".
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby mickeba » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:39 pm

The worst thing about Happy Days at the end was the 80's haircuts when the show was "in the 60's".
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:37 pm

mickeba wrote:The worst thing about Happy Days at the end was the 80's haircuts when the show was "in the 60's".

I only saw some of the ones where they had the Elvis haircuts from the 50's. The 60's saw the advent of the long hippie-style hair. (cf. the aptly named Hair :wink: ). I don't think I ever saw that in Happy Days.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion