Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Mrs Moon

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Mrs Moon

Postby Graeme » Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm

Admittedly the very mention of Mrs Moon has probably sent waves of despair amongst British Frasier fans (though recently I've found myself beginnning to tolerate her!) Correct me if I'm wrong (and forgive me if this has been mentioned before) but am I right in thinking Millicent Martin has played a Mrs Moon in another tv show? I vaguely remember from my childhood a BBC series which starred Millicent Martin as a a kind of psychic detective who helped solve crimes with her son. Hmm - thinking about it I think it was called "Moon and Son"?! Think it was a rather shortlived thing. Anyone else remember this? Coincidence or something else (cue Twilight Zone type music)....
Graeme

Re: Mrs Moon

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:41 pm

Well I've looked in both a cult children's TV book and Mark Lewisohn's indispensable Radio Times Guide To Comedy but can't find anything that resembles this. Funnily enough I have found myself warming to Mrs Moon a bit more lately, okay her delivery isn't as sharp as the other characters but when she gets to play against Martin (as opposed to just moaning at Daphne) the two work well together. She also seems to have a catchphrase - "Hello!". I wonder if she'll be in it to the end.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Graeme » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:02 pm

I think it was a tv detective drama rather than a children's tv show - back in the early 1990s I think. I'll see if I can find anything on the internet.
Graeme

Postby lara » Fri Apr 18, 2003 1:44 pm

Graeme,

You were right it was Moon & Son, it was a kind of comedy drama detective show, shown on saturday nights BBC1.
lara

Return to Frasier Discussion