Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Ideas for a Show

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Ideas for a Show

Postby Cara » Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:18 pm

Does anyone know where/who I can write to give some plot ideas for future Frasier shows to the writers? Thanks
Cara

Re: Ideas for a Show

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:52 pm

The creative team at the show doesn't accept submissions from outside sources. The only way you'll be able to throw in your two cents is being hired by Paramount. But you'll need to be a member of the WGA(Writers Guild of America)in order to even have a chance for that. Sorry.
Dan

Postby Cara » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:42 pm

Thanks so much for the info. I was thinking about how fun it would be for the group of them to visit Daphne's family in Manchester, England (really do location scenes there) and have Simon return for a few episodes--similar to Lucy's European trip. I can picture them all visiting distant wealthy relatives in countryside estate and ride to the hounds. Kelsey would love that as he is an avid rider of horses. The comparison of Daphne's "down home" family with the distant wealthy cousins might be fun--especially with Simon lying around the grand mansion. Oh well, fun dreaming anyway.
Cara

Postby Cara » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:59 pm

I forgot to mention that I attended the taping for this year's Christmas show this past November. It had to be one of the most memorable nights of my life. Watching all the characters become real, friendly, occasionallly coming up to audience between takes to answer any questions that we had. So many laughs and outtakes during the rehearsals. Prior to taping at about 7pm Kelsey told audience how he had been in NYC over the weekend and had little time for rehearsing. That aspect turned out to be the most fun. Especially with the scene where he tells Niles and Daphne angrily that he wants to do Christmas, Jane Leeves would crack up laughing each time he say the line, Hungarian Goose. It must have taken 10 takes for her to keep a straight face when Kelsey did that. The taping lasted about 4 hours, but the MC was great, and the band played throughout the taping. Kelsey was not directing this episode but it was so interesting to see him helping out one of the extras, telling her which camera to look into. He did not faze him at all to have to do the scene over due to the extras mistakes, but he was very kind and instructive to her. I saw him talking with her after the successful take. I was surprised at how easy it was to get the tickets. I suggest that Frasier fans do all they can to get to LA for taping of a show. Incredible!!
Cara

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:34 pm

I wonder what the chances are of them doing a stage version of Frasier in London when the show ends. That would be a dream! I read somewhere that John Mahoney may be moving back to England (after 45 years in the US!) so maybe he could persuade the others to do it as a final farewell. It would certainly compensate those of us unlucky enough to have not seen a recording.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby fan » Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:43 pm

That is a great idea! I hope it happens.
fan

Postby Cara » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:24 am

I second that--great idea of stage show in London. They could film it and show it in USA!
Cara

Return to Frasier Discussion