Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Underappreciated Moments

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Underappreciated Moments

Postby Kittysafe » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:56 am

Btw, Niles' kisses to Mel were far less restrained than his kisses with Daphne for some reason.

Maybe he just had better chemistry with the actress who played Mel, or they just had a good rapport I don't know.
Kittysafe

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:50 am

frasiers clingon speech, which is actually quite beautiful
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Dave of Manchester » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

My Frasier Online virginity is now taken! ""The plight of the many is more important than that of the few or the one" - Captain James T Kirk" - Noel
Dave of Manchester

Postby tenpercenter » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:55 am

the little jig marty does when stans mom agrees to go out with him again
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby welshben23 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 am

tenpercenter wrote:the little jig marty does when stans mom agrees to go out with him again

Stan Wojadubakowski? He's her dead husband isn't he?
welshben23

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 pm

welshben23 wrote:
tenpercenter wrote:the little jig marty does when stans mom agrees to go out with him again

Stan Wojadubakowski? He's her dead husband isn't he?

Yeah, this had me confused too. I was thinking "Who the hell is Stan and when did Martin go out with his mother?" It was Stan's widow he dated not his mother.

The mothers he dated were Roz's and Cam's.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:20 am

sorry meant cam
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Re:

Postby Yoshi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:56 am

Nervosa wrote:I think the most unappreciated laughs in Frasier are always subtle movements or facial expressions from DHP. After deleivering certain lines or after making a certain movement, he often does a funny little look or even makes a noise. Perhaps these undetected funnies were simply too far away for the audience to pick up on and is only noticable on TV or DVD. I find it hard to pick out specific incidents from memory, but I'm sure people know what I'm talking about here.

Cheers all :)

Yes, and it's one of my favorite things as I watch the show :)
Yoshi

Postby Cymru1991 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Niles' exit from Frasier's apartment after Daphne has told him the "X-rated" tale of her and Ted the fireman on the roof of the building. No words said, but has me in stitiches everytime!
Cymru1991

Postby mickeba » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:03 am

Jane Leeves is damn sexy, as is Jane Adams who played Mel.
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Postby Patrick » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 pm

When Daphne stomps out to her room and she goes the wrong way, (It must have been a mistake by the actress because after living several month in a place that kind of error is very unlikely) and KG breaks character by making fun of it as himself instead of as Frasier who would simply follow his script and pretend that it didn't happen.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Allison Chains » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Patrick wrote:When Daphne stomps out to her room and she goes the wrong way, (It must have been a mistake by the actress because after living several month in a place that kind of error is very unlikely) and KG breaks character by making fun of it as himself instead of as Frasier who would simply follow his script and pretend that it didn't happen.

What episode was this?
Allison Chains

Postby hansenkd » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I think it's "You Can't Tell a Crook By His Cover."
hansenkd

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Patrick wrote:When Daphne stomps out to her room and she goes the wrong way, (It must have been a mistake by the actress because after living several month in a place that kind of error is very unlikely) and KG breaks character by making fun of it as himself instead of as Frasier who would simply follow his script and pretend that it didn't happen.

I've heard various people mention this over the years and i simply don't buy it. There's no way they keep 'mistakes' in a show. That was deliberate scripting by the writers to get the laugh after a 'dramatic' moment.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:50 am

Moon-Crane wrote:

I've heard various people mention this over the years and i simply don't buy it. There's no way they keep 'mistakes' in a show. That was deliberate scripting by the writers to get the laugh after a 'dramatic' moment.

I am not sure, if a mistake works out well as it did in this case then there's no reason not to keep it. If it's a total bust as in everyone breaking character and bursting out into laughter then as Frasier would say "Off it goes!".
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Moon-Crane wrote:I've heard various people mention this over the years and i simply don't buy it. There's no way they keep 'mistakes' in a show. That was deliberate scripting by the writers to get the laugh after a 'dramatic' moment.

:twisted: Agreed.
It's a variation of the gag when Lilith says let me leave with some dignity and then traps her handbag in the door.

I seem to remember Frasier storming from a room and returning looking very sheepish because he had forgotton something.

Storming out of a room and f*cking it up is a very embarrasing (and funny thing) to happen.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
Moon-Crane wrote:I've heard various people mention this over the years and i simply don't buy it. There's no way they keep 'mistakes' in a show. That was deliberate scripting by the writers to get the laugh after a 'dramatic' moment.

It's a variation of the gag when Lilith says let me leave with some dignity and then traps her handbag in the door.

I seem to remember Frasier storming from a room and returning looking very sheepish because he had forgotton something.

Storming out of a room and f*cking it up is a very embarrasing (and funny thing) to happen.

Not sure if this is the one you're talking about but he storms out of the hotel room in Room Service and then comes back because he's in his bathrobe!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:52 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Not sure if this is the one you're talking about but he storms out of the hotel room in Room Service and then comes back because he's in his bathrobe!

:twisted: Don't think it was that.
The condo board comes to mind for some reason, when he was arguing over his door knocker.

Or was that when he spilled his papers everywhere as he was storming out?
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 pm

Forever Jung wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Not sure if this is the one you're talking about but he storms out of the hotel room in Room Service and then comes back because he's in his bathrobe!

:twisted: Don't think it was that.
The condo board comes to mind for some reason, when he was arguing over his door knocker.

Or was that when he spilled his papers everywhere as he was storming out?

He spilled is briefcase everywhere during the condo board meeting. He also embarasses himself in front of the condo board when he's going on about Martin's "little friend" not realizing the board was up on arms about Martin being naked in the rooftop hot tub. (he thinks they're complaining about Eddie not being on a leash).
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Forever Jung wrote:

The best one of these moments I've seen so far was on Cheers, when Diane goes out of the bar after bidding people a dignified farewell and then she tries to grope blindly for her coat on the coat-rack beside the door and Carla progressively moves the coat-rack away from the door, forcing Diane to make a very clumsy re-entrance while attracting loudly everyone's attention to it.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re:

Postby Cat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 am

Nervosa wrote:I think the most unappreciated laughs in Frasier are always subtle movements or facial expressions from DHP. After deleivering certain lines or after making a certain movement, he often does a funny little look or even makes a noise. Perhaps these undetected funnies were simply too far away for the audience to pick up on and is only noticable on TV or DVD. I find it hard to pick out specific incidents from memory, but I'm sure people know what I'm talking about here.

I guess this isn't underrated because there's laughter, but one of my favorite scenes with Niles is when he rings the doorbell and a disheveled Bebe answers, clearly after spending the night with Frasier. Niles' face remains deadpan, and he rings the doorbell again.

I laugh my a** off every time!
Cat

Re: Re:

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 am

Cat wrote:

I guess this isn't underrated because there's laughter, but one of my favorite scenes with Niles is when he rings the doorbell and a disheveled Bebe answers, clearly after spending the night with Frasier. Niles' face remains deadpan, and he rings the doorbell again.

That's one of my favorite moments in the series! Cracks me up every time.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Cat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:16 am

Kittysafe wrote:I prefer 'Island Niles'.

Agreed. I love Island Niles!

And I burst out laughing when he says, "We indulged in public nnnnnnnnudity!"
Cat

Postby Cat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:42 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cat wrote:

Yeah and later he tells Frasier, "I'm glad you're alright. I had assumed she killed after mating". :lol:
Cat

Postby Patrick » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Cat wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
Cat wrote:I guess this isn't underrated because there's laughter, but one of my favorite scenes with Niles is when he rings the doorbell and a disheveled Bebe answers, clearly after spending the night with Frasier. Niles' face remains deadpan, and he rings the doorbell again.

Yeah and later he tells Frasier, "I'm glad you're alright. I had assumed she killed after mating". :lol:

We learn toward the end of the series that she's much older than she appears.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion